What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Nigeria Air Force JF-17 Block II Update

97970727_3052532901499245_3461017705203630080_n.jpg

KAMRA: Block 2 JF-17A Thunder S. No. 2P-60 for the Nigerian Air Force undergoing flight tests over the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC). Two other aircraft for NAF, S. Nos. 2P-61 and 2P-62, are also undergoing flight tests. Nigerian pilots and maintenance crew have arrived in Pakistan for training. All three JF-17s will be handed over to NAF in November 2020.

Nigeria had inked a contract to purchase three JF-17 Block II fighter jets and the deal was formally set in motion in March 2019 when the Pakistani government's Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) approved a $184.3 million sovereign guarantee covering the delivery of three PAC/CAC JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to the Nigerian Air Force.

The Nigerian JF-17 Block II’s price tag of approximately $60 million each includes aircraft and an array of weapons including air-to-air and air-to-ground aircraft and guided munitions. The bare-bones price tag of a Block 2 JF-17 is expected at US$40 million.

The NAF is expected to push the aircraft into the thick of battle against Boko Haram terrorists (BHT). The air-to-ground capability of the JF-17 will be tested in terms of pin-point strikes against the BHT. The Block-II is capable of precision-strike through satellite-guided and laser-guided bombs.

View attachment 633226

KAMRA: Block 2 JF-17A Thunder S. No. 2P-60 for the Nigerian Air Force undergoing flight tests over the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC). Two other aircraft for NAF, S. Nos. 2P-61 and 2P-62, are also undergoing flight tests. Nigerian pilots and maintenance crew have arrived in Pakistan for training. All three JF-17s will be handed over to NAF in November 2020.

Nigeria had inked a contract to purchase three JF-17 Block II fighter jets and the deal was formally set in motion in March 2019 when the Pakistani government's Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) approved a $184.3 million sovereign guarantee covering the delivery of three PAC/CAC JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to the Nigerian Air Force.

The Nigerian JF-17 Block II’s price tag of approximately $60 million each includes aircraft and an array of weapons including air-to-air and air-to-ground aircraft and guided munitions. The bare-bones price tag of a Block 2 JF-17 is expected at US$40 million.

The NAF is expected to push the aircraft into the thick of battle against Boko Haram terrorists (BHT). The air-to-ground capability of the JF-17 will be tested in terms of pin-point strikes against the BHT. The Block-II is capable of precision-strike through satellite-guided and laser-guided bombs.
USD 60 million a piece? That is the price to pay for order 3 piece only. So JF-17 is not cheap after all, I guess the modern avionics are not cheap to install.

still dont get the 3 fighter deal

who buys 3 fighters

also a follow up order has not materialised

at minimum should be 12 units

USD 60 million a piece? That is the price to pay for order 3 piece only. So JF-17 is not cheap after all, I guess the modern avionics are not cheap to install.

It includes support, sustainment, training and weapons. It's a bargain.

It includes support, sustainment, training and weapons. It's a bargain.
The support, training and weapon are not bulk of the cost. I am sure the those are not even 15% of $60 million a piece.

View attachment 633226

Isn't one out of the three a two seat B version?

Ya, like what you claim Nigeria order of 8 JF-17.
43 reds and you have not learnt your lesson. If you dont agree just wait till 2021. In any case 3 Aircrafts do not make any sense. So a follow on order must be on the way . If it has been inked or not is not something we or indeed the Chinese announce. So just wait and see.
@airomerix these were the same numbers which were built at the end of last year as I remember these aircrafts being shown in photographs as part of a documentory. Please correct me if I am wrong.
A

View attachment 633226

Can you please share the original news source url ??

Can you please share the original news source url ??

nigeria_j_1589611163.jpg

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...ommence_User_Testing_in_Pakistan#.XsH8Ay85RQI

43 reds and you have not learnt your lesson. If you dont agree just wait till 2021. In any case 3 Aircrafts do not make any sense. So a follow on order must be on the way . If it has been inked or not is not something we or indeed the Chinese announce. So just wait and see.
@airomerix these were the same numbers which were built at the end of last year as I remember these aircrafts being shown in photographs as part of a documentory. Please correct me if I am wrong.
A

Which documentary exactly? There were several so i'm not quite sure.

However, these were rolled in final assembly in November last year and due to COVID, the entire timeline was slowed down. PAC still hopes to hand them over 3 jets this November.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom