What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

I know I know........
I am mentioning air craft of "considerable" importance only and those whose arrival is 100% sure......... F7 PG will stay by 2019 May be......... plans r induction of 250 Thunders total, 108 F16, and another possible plate form which could be J10b or any Chinese or Russian Flanker in limited numbers, like36 .......

No more new F7 PG bro...... However F7P can be upgraded to PG standard. Others wise all Mirages and Thunderbolt s need to in year or two.......

An aircraft that don't fly............ don't crash....:D

Search a bit
You will find articles about sale of this air craft to foreign nations.......:pdf:

Just to fool fans around......like......
Hey who need Tejas? We are working to AMCA! Which will become operational soon, :blah:
the amca is at least 10 years away

unnamed customer..british day are long gone

haha...open scale victory .....1971 you achieve no superiority in either sector..............in both war you are unable to brought down iaf ground attack just look at the sorties they flown by them.....we have only at that times numerical advantage but not the quality fighting with old ww2 junks

Lol, I think you don't Chuck Yeager? Oops. Bashed again!! :coffee:

Without improving education sector, India would continue to fail to develop competitive design and engineering indigenously, in given time frame and budget.
On the contrary India is getting habitual of securing Pakistani technology via Iran. I don't expect any change in their plans.

Last edited:
Indian media is our biggest enemy...
If made in pakistan JF 17 is a success story,then made in India Su 30MKI is an even bigger success story...The only difference is that the success of Su 30MKI compelled Russia to induct an improved version called Su 30SM.
Did China ever considered JF 17 ? LOLzzz

If made in pakistan JF 17 is a success story,then made in India Su 30MKI is an even bigger success story...The only difference is that the success of Su 30MKI compelled Russia to induct an improved version called Su 30SM.

No fault of Indian media, while they have gone as far as declaring Teja second to F-35.

Last edited:
one on one always it can go...........ask Pakistan will it go...their general also say yes to boost morale.........their i am talking over all changes PAF brought to course of war...nothing

thats chuck yeager whose plane smashed in pakistan.................................................................."When Yeager discovered his plane was smashed, he rushed to the US embassy in Islamabad and started yelling like a deranged maniac. His voice resounding through the embassy, he said the Indian pilot not only knew exactly what he was doing but had been specifically instructed by the Indian prime minister to blast Yeager's plane. In his autobiography, he later said that it was the “Indian way of giving Uncle Sam the finger”.:chilli::cheers:

i have other better work..is it true you are buying SECOND hand f-16 for your jf-17:-):-)

Lol, its against all odds. The world praises Yeager for his flying skills and intelligence and Indians here are vice versa. Complete shit .. hahaha!!

Congratulate America. If it hadn't been for their sanctions, the Pakistanis would never have had to design, develop and manufacture their own jet.
Design, develop and manufacture own jet???? Woot! :woot: :rofl:

Which jet are you talking about? We haven't seen this one as yet!

Or are you talking about the Chinese FC-1 which has been designed and developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industries and which has been renamed 'JF Thunder' by Pakistan?? :azn: :lol:

I am not sure what exactly you are asking.
We have heavy end fighter fleet of Su30MKI's and will be procuring Rafale and PMF FGFA, on the medium spectrum - We operate Mirage I 2K and Mig29 UPG, on the light spectrum we need an aircraft to replace aging fleet of Mig21's and Mig27 and add 5 additional squadrons to maintain operation capability.
This is where Delays in LCA has hurt us. We do not intend to replace Light fighter requirement with twin engine Long range Air Dominance or medium Weight Omnirole platforms.

Claiming neutral do you know main objectives of LCA Project. The LCA project was aimed at staging a comeback into the arena of aircraft R & D (after a 25-year gap) and creating a supporting an industrial eco-system that would own the majority of the IPRs generated by this R & D effort. It was never the export and before that to create industrial capabilities and R&D laboratories and establishment to take step in self reliance and that too in a limited budget. At that time there was no

1 Industrial base
2. Lack of Skilled engineers and technicians
3. Lack of Institutions and Lab
4. Low economy
5. Lack of experience, expertise, and establishment to work in such complex project
6. Lack of local vendors
7. Lack of every thing in the field of Software, Material Science, Machines, Tools, Turbo jet engine, Testing facilities, Electronics and Radars, and most important Lack of Dictatorship.

so govt have to
1. Set up various institution, establishment, PSU's and laboratories across all over the country (being democracy not easy to even acquire Land )
2. Create the pool of skilled labors, engineers and scientist (pay grade was low so more attracted to foreign companies)
3. Gain/Absorb knowledge and know how in metallurgy, software, FBW and Fadeec tech, Engine technology, fabrication technology, aerodynamics, electronics etc (no one gonna share its secrets)
4. Bring the parliament members and defense forces into confidence that it can be done to release next batch of funds (this is how bureaucracy, democracy works)
5. Keep their cool and focus in the media and people criticism and overexcited and inpatient public. (This is not how R&D works and there is no shortcuts)

Now bringing a fighter plane called Tejas in constrain budget with setbacks like
1. US sanctions which causes delay for at least 2-3 years
2. User i.e IAF changing ASQR which kills Kaveri project
3. Without having any dedicated air base for testing and airborne testing platform which creates avoidable delays
4. Zero tolerance for accidents and budget and working in PSU's work environment

India has its plane Tejas MK1 which is in IOC standard and soon will get FOC is in the process of induction.
Making fun of Tejas is an insult to all the engineers and scientists who had shred so much of sweat, time and hardwork in its creation is unacceptable.

Claim that its technologies is old and junk I claim that it is among the most advance 4th Gen fighter plane in its class.

Any one disagree please bring your argument pointwise

On the contrary India is getting habitual of securing Pakistani technology via Iran. I don't expect any change in their plans.

Can you shed some more clear light I was not able to understand your statement

It is due to DESI BANDALBAZ journalist who have write any column or article or report without having any defense knowledge but one thing they are good at I must say they serve with a sensational Titles.

Claiming neutral do you know main objectives of LCA Project. The LCA project was aimed at staging a comeback into the arena of aircraft R & D (after a 25-year gap) and creating a supporting an industrial eco-system that would own the majority of the IPRs generated by this R & D effort. It was never the export and before that to create industrial capabilities and R&D laboratories and establishment to take step in self reliance and that too in a limited budget. At that time there was no

1 Industrial base
2. Lack of Skilled engineers and technicians
3. Lack of Institutions and Lab
4. Low economy
5. Lack of experience, expertise, and establishment to work in such complex project
6. Lack of local vendors
7. Lack of every thing in the field of Software, Material Science, Machines, Tools, Turbo jet engine, Testing facilities, Electronics and Radars, and most important Lack of Dictatorship.

so govt have to
1. Set up various institution, establishment, PSU's and laboratories across all over the country (being democracy not easy to even acquire Land )
2. Create the pool of skilled labors, engineers and scientist (pay grade was low so more attracted to foreign companies)
3. Gain/Absorb knowledge and know how in metallurgy, software, FBW and Fadeec tech, Engine technology, fabrication technology, aerodynamics, electronics etc (no one gonna share its secrets)
4. Bring the parliament members and defense forces into confidence that it can be done to release next batch of funds (this is how bureaucracy, democracy works)
5. Keep their cool and focus in the media and people criticism and overexcited and inpatient public. (This is not how R&D works and there is no shortcuts)

Now bringing a fighter plane called Tejas in constrain budget with setbacks like
1. US sanctions which causes delay for at least 2-3 years
2. User i.e IAF changing ASQR which kills Kaveri project
3. Without having any dedicated air base for testing and airborne testing platform which creates avoidable delays
4. Zero tolerance for accidents and budget and working in PSU's work environment

India has its plane Tejas MK1 which is in IOC standard and soon will get FOC is in the process of induction.
Making fun of Tejas is an insult to all the engineers and scientists who had shred so much of sweat, time and hardwork in its creation is unacceptable.

Claim that its technologies is old and junk I claim that it is among the most advance 4th Gen fighter plane in its class.

Any one disagree please bring your argument pointwise

Can you shed some more clear light I was not able to understand your statement

No One is looking for a logical argument, Pakistan has no manufacturing base, Not one Company of the like of BEL, BHEL, No Areospace company cose to that of HAL, Godrej Areospace and Tata Areospace. Any eqivalent of Bharat Dynamics Limited, No.

Any heavy machine making comapny like BEML ? No. There are about 20 Areospace Manufacturers and tech supply comapnies in India. How many does Pakistan have ?

The Metropolis of Delhi And Mumbai alone have the total energy consumption of that of ENTIRE Pakistan, What equivalence are we talking about ? with this they have set up a R&D base and a manufacturing base ? Baloney.

Just a bunch of fitters and Technicians assembling CKDs from China and they go Gaga over it. If its so good then why is Pakistan Buying out dated second hand F16s ?

They cannot even make one measly moped, and claim about making a aircraft ... go make a moped first. Buy anything from anywhere in any city in Pakistan 80% chances are, from cloth to soaps. All are Made In China.

The FTA agreement with China killed their domestic Industry and now Pakistan has received an "investment of 50 Billion Dollars from Iron brother" the catch ? is it is to be paid back to China over a Sovereign Guarantee of 18%. 18%!!! Even Unsecured loans have lesser interest rates. Pakistan Is merely a colony of China with their finances so screwed up. They will be taking loans to pay loans to Iron Brother. All the best to them.

Design, develop and manufacture own jet???? Woot! :woot: :rofl:

Which jet are you talking about? We haven't seen this one as yet!

Or are you talking about the Chinese FC-1 which has been designed and developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industries and which has been renamed 'JF Thunder' by Pakistan?? :azn: :lol:
We can understand your pain, but do try to touch the grey matter, if it was just a Chinese product, why would they allow Pakistan to give it a different designation, why doesn't India practice the same with SU-30s which it's allegedly producing. If the JF-17 is indeed all Chinese, why do they need Pakistan or rather PAF to fly and display it at various venues including inside China. !!
BTW, are IAF pilots allowed to fly PAK-FA yet. :laugh:

JF-17
We can understand your pain, but do try to touch the grey matter, if it was just a Chinese product, why would they allow Pakistan to give it a different designation, why doesn't India practice the same with SU-30s which it's allegedly producing. If the JF-17 is indeed all Chinese, why do they need Pakistan or rather PAF to fly and display it at various venues including inside China. !!
BTW, are IAF pilots allowed to fly PAK-FA yet. :laugh:
JF-17 is marketed by Chengdu and PAC consortium lead by Chinese Chengdu and Paf is the sole operator so obviously Paf provided its pilot for various aerial display at various displays.

India don't have any economical gain to help Russia for maketing its sukhoi 30Mki and nor India have any plans to produce MKI in India for Russia. MKI is upgraded by Hal according to Iaf needs from its indegenous mission computer, Tarang EW swts, pods from Israel and various electronics from France and Israel.

BTW, are IAF pilots allowed to fly PAK-FA yet.
Not yet but its pilot will first fly FGFA not PAK-FA when the first prototype will be build by HAL which will be based on PAK-FA

Back
Top Bottom