What's new

F1 race track in making.......

34ydzqt.jpg

Thats all....

Sorry could not arrange in my preferential order since I dont have my laptop with me now.....but I think it should give a glimpse into what's happening at race track.... :)
:

it doesnt matter, this massive project will be a massive failure given its deadline, its too far from completion

I have faith in our technology,they'll finish it before time.
We have "Jugaad" technology :lol:

it doesnt matter, this massive project will be a massive failure given its deadline, its too far from completion

New Delhi: The construction of the track for this year's inaugural Indian Grand Prix is well ahead of schedule, the country's motorsports federation said. International Automobile Federation (FIA) race director Charlie Whiting visited the 5.14- km track and was pleased with what he saw, President of the Federation of Motorsports Clubs of India (FMSCI) Vicky Chandhok told Reuters. "The track is well ahead of schedule," Chandhok said by telephone. "He (Whiting) was very pleased. He liked the track and was impressed by the progress made so far. He suggested some changes which will be incorporated to encourage overtaking." Subject to a final inspection, the Indian Grand Prix will take place on October 30 at the circuit that is being built around 35 km (22 miles) from New Delhi and will be the 18th race on the Formula One calendar. News that the track is ahead of schedule contrasts with the construction delays that have been a recurring problem in recent major sports events in India. Last year's Commonwealth Games were widely criticised by media and fans for the poor state of facilities and accommodation and ended up being a national embarrassment, salvaged only after a last-minute scramble by the government. Memories of chaotic organising were revived last month when Eden Gardens, one of India's best known venues, was stripped of the England v India cricket World Cup match following a delay in construction work.
IBN Live- 'Indian F1 track ahead of
schedule'

It does seem there is an awful amount of work to do and not a huge amount of time to do it- but maybe that's just superficial. Does anyone know how the Indian GP will rank in terms of facilities and moderness, will it be in the league of Bahrain and Korea? Also given the ticket fiasco at CWG will the grandstands be filled? I hope F1 really flourishes in India as money and attention swarms into the country there must be a few good drivers amongst 1.2 BILLION!!

International Sport is definitely an area where India lags badly, India's Olympics gold medal record is appalling given the huge talent base it has. Hopefully this is being improved, what do you say?

Im sooo proud.

And look at my username, WOOOO the F1 track is gonna be in DELHI too.

Track in F1, and we also have a team called FORCE INDIA.

Hope South Asia goes strength to strength, after hosting Hockey World Cup and CWG's.

Not to forget, SL could possibly host next CWG, come on SL, do it for S. Asia.

India on track for Formula One debut - Motorsport - Sportal India

Organisers insist preparations for the Indian Formula One Grand Prix are on schedule ahead of the inaugural race on October 30.

Approximately US$300 million has been spent developing the Buddh International Circuit, as part of the wider Jaypee Green Sports City Project, which includes a new cricket stadium.

Concerns have been raised that India's monsoon season may hinder progress at the venue, but Jaypee Sports International Chief Executive Sameer Gaur is confident the finishing touches will be unaffected by the weather.

"We are well in time with our construction," Gaur said. "Construction work is already in place and the finishing works are going on. When we are doing the finishing, we are inside the buildings."

"So, the monsoon will not affect in the construction, the final completion of the facility and secondly, as you are very well aware that by September 30 we would say the last goodbye to the monsoon and we have the race in the last week of October."

"Pleasant climate, good climate after Diwali (the Hindu festival of lights) so, we should have a good Diwali with a good first Formula One car race in India."

According to Vicky Chandhok, a consultant for Jaypee Sports International, the new track has been designed to meet International Automobile Federation (FIA) guidelines intended to promote more exciting racing.

"The first circuit in the world, where the new guidelines of the FIA, which promotes overtaking and promotes cars into the corners where we can get five abreast, three of the corners have been redesigned as per the new guidelines of the FIA," Chandhok said.

"So, it's the only circuit in the world that we are going to have, where you can get five cars abreast leading into some corners and making it exciting. It's spectator-friendly and it's certainly going to excite drivers as far as overtaking is concerned."

India is set to have the best Formula 1 track in the World.

Yes Delhi, I would of thought I would never have said this in my life, but India is growing so quick its awesome.

congrats indianss.. yess u guys are just running too fast :) . .glad to hear that . . padosi ho . . humei bhi khushi hoti hain hamesha toh dushmani nahi rakhte hum :P . . aakhir kaam aane pe kaam nikalwana hota hain na :P

If it will be anything like the Common Wealth game stadium in Ind it's going to be absolute bs.

If it will be anything like the Common Wealth game stadium in Ind it's going to be absolute bs.

jeal·ous/ˈjeləs/Adjective

1. Feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
2. Feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship

Note the asterisk on the schedule.
Formula 1

Not jealous. I don't even like Formula 1 and China already has a track.

Why would Americans be jealous of third world Ind? You've got to be mad.

Exactly. Senna died. Schumacher retired. Sport is one big snooze fest. That's why they are going to change the rules again.

Because India is progressing, and we have haters like you here posting on this thread.

Also dont call India third world, when Pakistan is poorer, next time ok!

Back
Top Bottom