What's new

Facing the Challenge of China, Should India Embrace the U.S.?:TIME Magazine

Don't jump to conclusions Indian. What I want doesn't matter because I am not a fan boy. I merely point out the social/cultural/religious/caste issues which still hinders Indian progression into a modern state. Want to line up and compare yourselves with the big boys? then you have to 1. Resolve all internal issues. 2. Improve living standards.

Without those 2 things Whats the difference between India and say Nigeria?

Well hiding your problems and claiming them gone doesn't make you any different from say, North Korea either.

You have valid points about development which is slow here, but your talk about so-called divisions is utter nonsense. At least it doesn't hold any water at this juncture. The British and Western "analysts" predicted similar bull for 1967 when we were insanely poor and had no economy. The theory just went down like Chuck Yeager's aircraft. :D

Well hiding your problems and claiming them gone doesn't make you any different from say, North Korea either.

You have valid points about development which is slow here, but your talk about so-called divisions is utter nonsense. At least it doesn't hold any water at this juncture. The British and Western "analysts" predicted similar bull for 1967 when we were insanely poor and had no economy. The theory just went down like Chuck Yeager's aircraft. :D

Your still insanely poor...In fact In 79 the Indian economy was twice the size of the Chinese economy. What happened there chief?

Whats funny is that you will continue to give me every excuse under the sun for religious/caste/separatist/terrorist issues until your cows come home but at the end of the day its your citizens that have to share the streets and sleep with the cows not me. Just know that and we understand each other.

You are poor, you are poor.....enough of this ranting :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Don't jump to conclusions Indian. What I want doesn't matter because I am not a fan boy. I merely point out the social/cultural/religious/caste issues which still hinders Indian progression into a modern state. Want to line up and compare yourselves with the big boys? then you have to 1. Resolve all internal issues. 2. Improve living standards.

Without those 2 things Whats the difference between India and say Nigeria?

India was very diverse from time immemorial. It had been the richest economy for longer years than China itself. So now stop blabbering.

Your still insanely poor...In fact In 79 the Indian economy was twice the size of the Chinese economy. What happened there chief?

I was referring to poverty in comparison to today.

Whats funny is that you will continue to give me every excuse under the sun for religious/caste/separatist/terrorist issues until your cows come home but at the end of the day its your citizens that have to share the streets and sleep with the cows not me. Just know that and we understand each other.

Well, look at it this way; you tried everything in the books to homogenize people in China:

- Pressurized inter-marriages with Hans and non-Hans.
- Forceful migration under the pretext of industrialization.

Whether political or brute military force, you tried everything and still you're not totally peaceful in terms of militancy. Blame USA or anyone else, it still doesn't get you anywhere where you're placing yourself in the geo-strategic plains. Compared to that, we are far better off in this area. No force, nothing but still at the same place.

Back
Top Bottom