What's new

Famine spread in North Korea, 20K dead in single province this year

Then stay focus: Trade is a privilege, not a right, and equally important to that privilege is the right of participation. North Korea exercised both: Denial of privilege and refusal to participate. The rest of the world also have the same privilege and right. Or do you Chinese believe in something else?

I don't care about those political nonsenses nor do I care which hell do the NK leadership go. I only care about why those people die without food.

@ VCheng

Yes, that's how the all powerful usually talks.

The US has been rich and powerful for so long in such a way that her government view everything on their perspectives.
Everyone view the world through his own perspectives. Wealth and power have nothing to do with this. This is what I call 'filler material' in a debate.

If any country doesn't toe their world views they take it as insult and look for ways to deter that country.
Bunk. It is not that difficult to see there are many countries in the world that are different from US and we get along just fine.

There are people in this world who, because of religion, culture, or social custom differences, who do not see thing the same way as the US Government and operate differently. There is no right and wrong in this, just simply different. Perhaps someday the USG can put themselves on others' shoes and try to see thing from the other side, the views might just in fact different.
The US is an immigrant country and the people's perceptions on what is 'right' and 'wrong' are persistent from generation to generation. So in a very true sense, the US have walked in others' shoes, much more than your China have.

Sanction, to me, is a very ugly word. People sitting on cushy chairs with drinks on their hands and cigars in their plump lips decide the fates and livelihoods of average denizens of another country because of political differences. There are better ways to handle this and they just don't bother to look because it is not their lives that's suffering.
And your government's dictatorial ways are so much more palatable as far as governance goes?

A few years ago North Korean made jeans appeared in a super market in Germany and all hell broke lose. They discontinued them the second they realized they were made in North Korea. Anybody remember that news?

This is the reality of the Western world today. They never change. The same people who caused the holocaust and killed more than 60 million people in a matter of years (World Wars) are now responsible for the death of North Korean people. You can blame it on the leadership all you want, in the end the famines and hunger is all down to sanctions and embargos against the North Korean people.

South Korea has reached out many times with aid, and investment. and everytime North Korea has bitten the hand helping it. This has caused the South and most of the rest of the world to harden its position. Even China right now is not real happy with its neighbor though it will do nothing since it does not want the Kim regime to fall and have a unified Korea on its border.

The US is an immigrant country and the people's perceptions on what is 'right' and 'wrong' are persistent from generation to generation. So in a very true sense, the US have walked in others' shoes, much more than your China have.

The US is a Anglo-European country, governed by the Wasp ruling class. Never forget that my Vietnamese friend, you'll never be white enough and you'll never be Christian enough -- Oh yes, if you think racial problems are bad under wasp control, wait till the blacks and latinos assume governance.

The US is a Anglo-European country, governed by the Wasp ruling class. .............

WASP = White Anglo Saxon Protestant.

But some here insist it is the Jews in Israel that govern USA? :D

Guys, make up your minds first! :lol:

The US is a Anglo-European country, governed by the Wasp ruling class. Never forget that my Vietnamese friend, you'll never be white enough and you'll never be Christian enough -- Oh yes, if you think racial problems are bad under wasp control, wait till the blacks and latinos assume governance.
It is people like you who insist on viewing the world through a racial prism that hinder inter-racial progress.

This is getting ridiculous....they put a satellite launch above their peoples lives...
they need to make a deal and get aid.

This is getting ridiculous....they put a satellite launch above their peoples lives...
they need to make a deal and get aid.
This is why the regime collapse is the only permanent solution.

The biggest opponents of food aid to North Korea are North Korean defectors. Why is this? Think about it.

This is why the regime collapse is the only permanent solution.....................

Collapse implies chaos with casualties. Nobody wants that. A better and appropriate word is regime change.

UN has a responsible to save lives! On humanitarian grounds, the member nations have to resolve on a food aid program for DPRK!

Result of being a ally of china and isolation in the world.

probable there are less DPRK ppl who die of hunger than indian kids each year. yes, just indian kids will have surpassed the DPRK no. by a mile!

This is getting ridiculous....they put a satellite launch above their peoples lives....

same applies to india

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom