What's new

FC-20 needs a partner!

Isn't FC-20 a true multirole. If it is (which i believe it is) what is point to use F-16 E/F... FYI, No more F-16s please after these 18.

If the Radar on FC-20 is comparable to APG80, we can scrap the idea of any F16E/F in PAF, otherwise F16E/F presents a extremely capable detection and long range interception platform.

My only concern is that we need a exceptionally good AESA radar to be present on either one FC-20 or F16 platforms to counter the intense jamming thrown our way in case of conflict with MKIs.

Still, we have no confirm evidence of AESA capabilities of FC-20, but once confirmation comes, i will scrap my idea of F16E/Fs in PAF.

@ Hanzo and Batman
plz stop this stuff.....both of you...........we are here to discuss......remember:coffee:

If the Radar on FC-20 is comparable to APG80, we can scrap the idea of any F16E/F in PAF, otherwise F16E/F presents a extremely capable detection and long range interception platform.

My only concern is that we need a exceptionally good AESA radar to be present on either one FC-20 or F16 platforms to counter the intense jamming thrown our way in case of conflict with MKIs.

Still, we have no confirm evidence of AESA capabilities of FC-20, but once confirmation comes, i will scrap my idea of F16E/Fs in PAF.

I think Chinese are working on their own AESA project as well. I am not concerned with range but my problem is to give good ECM capability to PAF fleet and that too with minimum pressure on budget.

I think Chinese are working on their own AESA project as well. I am not concerned with range but my problem is to give good ECM capability to PAF fleet and that too with minimum pressure on budget.

Same here. Detection range is not an issue since all aircraft in current Indian inventory (Jaguar, Mirage2000, Mig29, Su30) except Mig21 have huge RCS and are easily detectable using moderate Radar platforms. Even their long range cruise, Anti-Aircraft and Anti-AWACS missiles are not based on low observability principal, rather than brute force and sheer speed.

What bothers me is the ECM & ECCM capability of PAF's radars and the sensors of AAMs. If we get AESA radar on board an air dominance platform (F16/FC20), equipped with AAM with AESA sensor, it will devastating for enemy's ECM capabilities.

@ Hanzo and Batman
plz stop this stuff.....both of you...........we are here to discuss......remember

thanks for reminding mate....keechad par pathar phainka to mera he moo kala ;-)

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

@ Hanzo and Batman
plz stop this stuff.....both of you...........we are here to discuss......remember

thanks for reminding mate....keechad par pathar phainka to mera he moo kala ;-)

@ hanzoo
It means respect too........

you are right once again ...but useless PROVOCATIONS will surely turn into long war of words....anyway he has the right to defend himself but PDF is not some ASTROLOGERS website here logic is the NO 1 priority ...he should get this into his head first, however experienced or old he may be

you are right once again ...but useless PROVOCATIONS will surely turn into long war of words....anyway he has the right to defend himself but PDF is not some ASTROLOGERS website here logic is the NO 1 priority ...he should get this into his head first, however experienced or old he may be
Batmannow is a Kargil veteran, get that into your head and show some respect please. He knows first hand what happens when an air force isn't properly equipped.

Last edited:
I am afraid you are wrong. i am not even aware of this J-10 locking on much much superior Japanese F-2 and even if true then i can guess that the F-2 might have intruded chinese air space and had to be send back... such incidents technically prove nothing other then making headline in news.... remember our much inferior F-16 block15 were able to lock on MKI and send them back.. what does it mean?
The Isrealis want F-35.... is it because they are afraid of Irani mighty modified F-5 or or.... ?? The only way for Taiwan to survive mammoth PLAAF fleet is to take cover behind stealth technology!

Taiwan is not a good example. The ONLY reason Taiwan acquires some weapon is to make her Uncle happy. Even F22, which could be in the dream of sb., can't stop PLA's movement because NOTHING can take off after the first round wash of xxx missiles. :sniper:

Last edited:
Taiwan is not a good example. The ONLY reason Taiwan acquires some weapon is to make her Uncle happy. Even F22, which could be in the dream of sb., can't stop PLA's movement because NOTHING can take off after the first round wash of xxx missiles. :sniper:

yap agreed.....but they ll be building both missile shield and AF aswell

6936a93d5fc6e527b10a9b66f969d908.jpg

:pakistan::china:I am new here and i have read all post on fc-20 and where i think FC-20 does need a partner to counter MKI threat and MRCA deal PAF should induct another type of advance westren aircraft, and every one say we dont have monies to buy advance fighter, than they are wrong we do have monies but our leaders dont have guts to buy if a nation dont spend monies for there forces and security than they dont have any rights to have any forces
80 FC20+ 54 rafale or Grippen NG would be enough for that reason what u guys think
:pakistan::pakistan:

yap agreed.....but they ll be building both missile shield and AF aswell

they wont bother, cause no missile shield is capable of protect taiwan from 1500 missiles(non-nuclear) currently aimed or can be quickly aim at it(well unless u believe the Indians and their 99% effective claims) in terms of defending Taiwan, everyone knows its not about repelling the mainlanders, its about holding on long enough for the Americans to arrive, which is actually less and less likely each day as the Americans have more and more to lose.

Back
Top Bottom