What's new

FIFA Brazil 2014 World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • What's the score boss?
    Brazil 1-7 Germany (Seven)

Posted at22:59

Bernard asks Luiz Felipe Scolari what the score is.

_76134794_023079001.jpg

Here are 7 reasons Germany is very happy

10356753_10152493618194641_3851831280714546020_n.jpg

You cant support both portugal and spain at the same time sunshine

They are fierce rivals..haven't you heard about the Iberian Derby ?
Another gullible fellow stated earlier that he is gonna back England and Germany..Talk about polar opposites !!!
Lol....I am USA, Germany, England, Mexico....that order. (I actually like to see Mexico lose....even more than US wins...but Mexican girlfriends). Germany has it wrapped up!

Feel sorry for Chile.

The Dutch definitely are very lucky.

But I would say that both the South Americans Brazil and Argentina should be thanking their lucky stars for being in the semis. Argentina has been below average in all their matches, and I believe against the Dutch they will get found out. They have been relying on Messi to get them past teams.

Brazil also haven't been all that impressive. Especially the last game against Colombia. Without Thiago SIlva and Neymar, Germany can rip them apart.

Dante and David Luiz are an accident waiting to happen.
I'm gonna follow your post from now on....you are clearly prescient.

Last edited:
7-0
the Brazilians are applauding the Germans.

No rules for mercy-killing the game?
Lol....I was thinking the same.

I watched the highlights again. All the 8 goals including the one Brazil scored were due to poor defending. If they defended even at an average level it would probably have been 0-0 in 90 minutes. The worst defense I have seen in my life.
True....not really up to snuff on soccer....but even a noob could see that goal was all but un-defended.

Last edited:
and people thought onli pakistanies are masters of making "sazoshee maqbooze"

Brazil alleges NaMo wave responsible for their defeat. Germany thanks India for help | NETICIAN
It was a bit like Modi vs Pappu competition.. Purely one sided with Pappu's side getting battered all round. Bit like this...:D

It will be a Pertie Messi battle. And Robbin will take it home.
Let's hope so... & also Robben displays a bit of Messi like temperament & passes the ball to other players often enough inside that 18 yard box, instead of doing too many things on his own.

Brazil had to bite the pillow on that one. Germany went in dry :(
More like kissing the grass rather than looking at the stars :lol:

Last edited:
7-1 ! I never expected to see Brazil play so badly during my lifetime !

Then again, I never expected to see Congress get whipped so badly in my lifetime :D

Brazil out: The torture will be complete if Argentina win
By AP
53bcc9e7683d2.jpg

this generation of Brazilians now has a football trauma of its own to haunt them. -Photo by AFP
BELO HORIZONTE: Even for an 84-year-old tournament drenched in history, Germany 7, Brazil 1, you read that right, will be remembered as one of the craziest World Cup matches ever. Because of the humiliation it inflicted on a great footballing nation, as one of the most painful to watch, too.

Brazil, the once mighty Brazil, the Brazil that gave the world Pele, so many other great players and yellow-shirted delight, throwing itself like a herd of lemmings off a cliff. Not just a team self-destructing, but an entire nation's hopes and World Cup joy turning to vinegar and flushing down the drain on live TV before millions of disbelieving eyes around the globe.

“We realized that they were cracking up and took advantage of it,” said Germany coach Joachim Loew. Even the half-time score, Brazil 0, Germany 5, was something no sportswriter ever expects to have to record for posterity. No nation has ever done anything like this to Brazil, not once in all the decades that Brazilians have played and refined football, making it 'futebol' and making it better.

Germany's goals rained in so thick and fast it became a struggle to keep up.

The second and then, a minute later, the third goal had the effect of a stun-gun on Brazil. Its players were laboring under such pressure to win their home World Cup. And when it became clear in that minute that they would fail, that pressure became like poison on their brains and legs. They became like ghosts. In the next five minutes, they let in two more. For Germany, it was like shooting fish in a barrel. No shot could miss. Everything worked. With Brazil gone AWOL, they had the place to themselves.

In the crowd, fans' tears cut streaks through their yellow and green face paint. An elderly man clutched a plastic imitation World Cup trophy as though it was a life preserver, as close as Brazil will come to the real thing this time.

”Truthfully it's very hard to explain the unexplainable,” said Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar.

“A blackout happened that no one was expecting.“

Just like their parents and grandparents, this generation of Brazilians now has a football trauma of its own to haunt them. In 1950, when Brazil last hosted the World Cup, Alcides Ghigghia scored the cup-winning goal for Uruguay in the final match against Brazil, leaving a mark on the nation's psyche as deep and painful as a branding iron.

There were five heart-breakers this time: Thomas Mueller, Toni Kroos and Andre Schuerrle, who got two each, Sami Khedira and Miroslav Klose. Klose's goal added insult to injury by taking his career World Cup total to 16, leaving him alone with the record that previously belonged to a Brazilian, Ronaldo.

When the final whistle blew, not a moment too soon, delivering its score that read like the bill on a cash register, the record book had been shredded. This made losing 3-0 to France in the 1998 final, Brazil's previous worst defeat (measured by goals, not pain) in the World Cup, feel like a mosquito bite in comparison.

Brazil had never let in so many goals in a World Cup game or so many in a half. It was the worst defeat for a World Cup host country and was as bad a loss as Brazil has ever suffered in any tournament or any game. It equaled the margin of its previous worst ever defeat, a 6-0 loss to Uruguay in 1920.

“It was one after the other,” said Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

“I think everyone like blanked out.“

As such, it wouldn't be right to draw too many conclusions. This game has to be viewed as an anomaly, not as a definitive verdict on Scolari and his players. Many of them are young enough to be able to look ahead to the next World Cup in 2018. Still, this is the worst national team Brazil has fielded at a World Cup for decades. That much was becoming clear even before this disaster.

A scratchy 2-1 victory over Colombia in the quarterfinals and a skin-of-the-teeth penalty shootout win over of Chile before that exposed Brazil's limitations. And Germany exploited them, ruthlessly. Loew spotted vulnerabilities in the Brazil defense and that it leaves open spaces at the back when it attacks.

The absence of Thiago Silva, Brazil's defensive rock and captain suspended for this game because he collected two yellow cards earlier in the tournament, will be mentioned among the reasons why his team rolled over. But even that doesn't really explain it. And take out Neymar, as Colombian defender Juan Camilo Zuniga did with his knee, breaking a bone in the striker's back, and you're left with a Brazil team with more gums than teeth. But even with Neymar, Brazil couldn't have scored as many goals as the Germans. They have a team. Brazil didn't.

Oscar's goal at the end of the match took Brazil's tournament total to 11. That works out as one goal for every billion dollars that Brazil has spent on this World Cup, on stadiums and related infrastructure. Even if Brazil scores a few more in the match for third place on Saturday, that is still a very poor return.

In the stadium, the mood soured.

The crowd chanted unprintable insults aimed at President Dilma Rousseff. The ramifications of this defeat will be political, too. And it could yet get worse. Brazil's bitterest rival, Argentina, could advance to Sunday's final if it beats the Netherlands in the other semifinal on Wednesday. If that happens, Brazilians will cheer for Germany, the team that hurt them so badly. Because if Argentina wins the cup it wanted so badly, Brazil's torture will be complete
========================
It was always going to be hard for Brazil to win without their regular capt & neymar.... but 7-1 is humiliating ..=

And as I and many others predicted, Germany did ripbapart Brazil.

By conceding an early goal, Brazil had to open up, and Marcelos woeful positioning didn't help matters. If you folks notice, most goals came from Marcelos side.

Brazil needed an organizer at the back, and Silva was that guy.

And as I and many others predicted, Germany did ripbapart Brazil.

By conceding an early goal, Brazil had to open up, and Marcelos woeful positioning didn't help matters. If you folks notice, most goals came from Marcelos side.

Brazil needed an organizer at the back, and Silva was that guy.

he was predicted the score beforehand all along

neymar_2968820k.jpg

It was a bit like Modi vs Pappu competition.. Purely one sided with Pappu's side getting battered all round. Bit like this...:D

Let's hope so... & also Robben displays a bit of Messi like temperament & passes the ball to other players often enough inside that 18 yard box, instead of doing too many things on his own.

More like kissing the grass rather than looking at the stars :lol:
10487502_761402500565590_936321596596262661_n.jpg

r

r

:tongue:

Rooting for Orange today! Go Robben!!! :bunny::chilli::victory::bounce::mps:

lolspain.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom