What's new

Fifth column: Remember Kashmiri Pandits?

Is it even a religion then?

Religion is something organized not something random like when you go to a buffet...sorry couldnt think of any other comparison of choose and mix...
religion is nothing more than a set of belief..if you believe in something then you are following the code..you are following that religion..you are new to this concept so it may baffle you..not you fault..:tup:

Going to a place of worship means nothing...I have been to many churches and a Chinese as well as a Hindu temple..my dad and his uncle used to go to one just coz they were curious...didnt make them Christians nor did they mix anything new in Islam....
going to other places of worship may not mean something to you..but it certainly meant something to me..that why I went there..otherwise I would have not.:tup:

1st I never used to word allowed...I just asked if the Brahmins are the highest and as you said

why did they do mass raping?
what mass raping..that is what I am asking...

Lastly, how do you know what my forefathers were?
you are a pakistani and every pakistani was a former indian and former hindu who converted to Islam..you may like this or not but this is the truth..
:tup:

Let me begin by admitting that I would not be writing about the ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandits today if I had not been shamed into doing so. I would have written about the flip-flop currently going on in the Congress over whether Rahul Gandhi should be declared their future prime minister or not. The whole debate is pointless because we all know that whether he is officially anointed heir apparent or not, he is, and will continue to be, the most powerful Congress leader after his Mummy. Nobody else matters. Not even the prime minister. There really is almost nothing more to be said on the subject. So when a young man called Rashneek Kher called to remind me that today (January 19) was the anniversary of the Pandit exodus from Kashmir and asked if I would write something, I started off by making excuses. Then I thought about what he had asked and felt ashamed that I had never written about something as important as the only instance of ethnic cleansing in the history of India. I happened to be in Srinagar around the time this happened and, like a lot of others, thought then that the overnight exodus was simply a cynical move by the hated Governor Jagmohan to clear the way for aerial attacks on the mass protests in the Valley. Jagmohan had been so brutal in the manner he dealt with unarmed protesters that the worst rumours about him were believed. But, more than two decades later, hundreds of thousands of Kashmiri Pandits continue to be unable to go home, and somehow this bothers hardly anyone except those who are victims of the tragedy. When Rashneek called me, he told me that his own home had been burned and that he had lost relatives in the violence and that the hostility of ordinary Kashmiri Muslims to their Hindu brethren made it impossible for even those living in pitiful conditions in camps in Jammu to go home. So why does nobody speak for the Kashmiri Pandits? Where are those noisy human rights types who shriek nightly on national television about ‘internally displaced’ people in Muzaffarnagar? Where are the Hindutva wallahs and why did a Bharatiya Janata Party government under Atal Bihari Vajpayee make no effort to rehabilitate the Pandits? As for us in the media, why have we done no more about this horrible tragedy than write token remembrance articles every anniversary? When I thought about these questions, I found myself wondering if this was not of a piece with the false secularism that our political parties have propagated ever since Partition. Under this ‘secular’ worldview, the only victims of communal violence can be Muslims. And, even here, some victims are more equal than others. So if the refugee camps in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli had been in Gujarat, there would have been much greater outrage. Can you imagine the names that Narendra Modi would have been called if his government had allowed 40 children to die of cold? But, Akhilesh Yadav is a ‘secular’ chief minister, so he is treated more indulgently. Ever since Modi burst upon the national political stage, ‘secular’ politicians and journalists have fallen over themselves trying to have him disqualified as a possible prime minister on the grounds that he is a ‘mass murderer’. But, if you so much as try to say that Rajiv Gandhi was for a while a very popular prime minister despite being a ‘mass murderer’, you will find yourself shouted down and reviled. Has something not gone very seriously wrong with the Indian idea of secularism? Has it not become a tool that is used mostly to perpetuate a sense of grievance among Indian Muslims? I have written before in this column that if we stop thinking of Muslims as an aggrieved minority community and start thinking of them instead as India’s second most powerful majority community, some of the distortions in our secularism may begin to disappear. Instead of thinking along these lines, we have in the rule of Dr Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi spent the past decade convincing Muslims that they really have every reason to be constantly aggrieved. First, there was that very dodgy Sachar report, and now we have the Home Minister order state governments to ensure that Muslim youths are not detained wrongly in prison. Are all India’s 2.41 lakh undertrials Muslim? Kashmir is India’s only Muslim-majority state, and it happens to be the only state that has been responsible for ethnic cleansing. So today, on this tragic anniversary, can we stop thinking of Indian Muslims as an oppressed minority and think of them instead as our second most powerful majority community? India has the second largest Muslim population in the world. It has been ghettoised and handicapped by fake secularism.

Fifth column: Remember Kashmiri Pandits? | The Indian Express

exodus and oppression of any humans is saddening, I hope the GOI can come up with an extensive policy for not just handeling the plight of Muslims but also any other party affected, humanity should reign above all......

I am sure you haven't seen a Kashmiri in your life. :girl_wacko: when can't distinguish your Saraikis from Pashtuns, don't tell us about Kashmiris. :omghaha:

Again you showed your most retarded bhayaa logic learned from Modi mandir. There are millions of pashtuns in Seraiki punjab since centuries, these people may speak punjabi but are ethinically pashtuns like Imran Khan. Just like there is difference between punjabis and pashtuns, the same is the case in kashmir. Where dardic people are different then hindu pandits.

religion is nothing more than a set of belief..if you believe in something then you are following the code..you are following that religion..you are new to this concept so it may baffle you..not you fault..:tup:
I believe you have no idea what you are talking about there hence it is easier to make me look as you did in the above statement...

going to other places of worship may not mean something to you..but it certainly meant something to me..that why I went there..otherwise I would have not.:tup:
Now going out of context shows what you are doing ....

what mass raping..that is what I am asking...
I believe you never read the thread? Then please dont quote me!

you are a pakistani and every pakistani was a former indian and former hindu who converted to Islam..you may like this or not but this is the truth..
:tup:
:rofl: joke of the century! :rofl:

Yes but they are not original people of Kashmir like Dardic speaking muslims. Thats what i said, and it was 5% before they started leaving. Kashmiri pandits moved from North India many centuries ago to Kashmir, while Dardic speaking population was already there and now mostly converted to Islam. Kashmiri muslims dont have North India ancestry unlike kashmiri pandits.

they didnt migrate from north india......you search in google.....at any point of time be it the 90's,,,,,the kashmiri pandits were there......they are kashmiris not north indians.....they are not some up people or bihari or punjabi....they are kashmiri......

they are there from akbars period......at that time there was no india,pakistan
why are you saying they migrated from north india.....there is no such news

It would be best if BJP can form the govt in this coming elections. Hopefully more than a million military ex-servicemen will be settled in Kashmir.

I believe you have no idea what you are talking about there hence it is easier to make me look as you did in the above statement...
I told you exactly what religion is. if you think religion is something which will take you to jannat..then you are gravelly mistaken..

believe you never read the thread? Then please dont quote me!
oh !!!!!! suddenly every pakistani starts believing in OP news because it's anti hindu and never tried to search..

joke of the century!
Ahhh!!!!!!! denial attitude at best...
Please enlighten us about your arabic ancestry ..:rofl::omghaha:

they didnt migrate from north india......you search in google.....at any point of time be it the 90's,,,,,the kashmiri pandits were there......they are kashmiris not north indians.....they are not some up people or bihari or punjabi....they are kashmiri......

they are there from akbars period......at that time there was no india,pakistan
why are you saying they migrated from north india.....there is no such news

I didn't say they moved there after 1947. But these pandits are not original Kashmiris. These pandits moved from North India in to Kashmir last millennium.

@Talon what has rape got to do with kashmiri pandits or hinduism.......i have read the thread but couldnt find anything

Long live article 370, its very important for Indian occupied Kashmir to stay pure before inevitable merge with Pakistani kashmir.

I didn't say they moved there after 1947. But these pandits are not original Kashmiris. These pandits moved from North India in to Kashmir last millennium.

in that way......the present day pak or bangladesh or kashmir.......doesnt have any original people.............it was ruled by hindu emperors......and the muslim emperor those came.....all were from afghan or turk.........

so should i believe there is no original pakistani

i am not getting what are you trying to imply

the kashmiri pandits are there in kashmir from thousands of years....still you say they arent original......then who is original

Why did this disgusting act happen. Almost shames me that people are here mocking the situation aswell. They should be protected. MAD WORLD we live in these days.

Glad they threw the pandits so that we can take revenge by sending them into unmarked grave :)

all kashmiris who have this kind of attitude should be killed straight away.....fk human rights.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom