Attachments

• rafale_7.jpg
    rafale_7.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 209
U.S Pilot : JF-17 Is As Good As F-16
This is the translation from Chiness news webiste :
Report from Moscow Exhibition:
International Herald Leader report
"I feel pretty good it is no much difference of major function with F-16” Jason Carmen an U.S Air Force F-16 fighter pilot said after his 5 minutes inaugurate trial in JF-17 training simulator in Moscow Exhibition.
His trial has attracted many audiences. After walk out the cockpit, he told the reporter saying “It is pretty good”.:cheers::pakistan:

Attachments

• p8989210.jpg
    p8989210.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
I saw this Mig21FL cockpit of IAF and thought....DAMN.
But then again i have never seen a picture of A-5 pit. I've heard so much about it.

Wanna see an A-5 cockpit. Here it is.

The big drum type thing that seems to have been designed to block the view and piss the pilot off , is actually a gun camera that captures the images of the sight infront of it when a trigger is pressed...

On the left half are generally flight instruments (speed indicator, mach meter, altimeter etc) and the right half has the engine instruments (Exhaust gas temperature, RPM, fuel counter etc). Don’t bother about the million buttons and haphazard switches that are basically put at various places to increase the workload of pilot..( no pun intended)

Note the Throttle quadrant on the left side of pic, the right throttle is the main one and the left throttle ( not seen in picture) is a very small lever that is attached to the right throttle. The two buttons behind throttles are for Military power and the After burner switches. When throttles are full forward and you press the forward button, you will get your after burners ON.

In the centre is the control stick and the odd looking lever attached to the stick is actually your brakes. Oh yes….Majority of older Chinese (Russian) jets have hand operated brakes. Russians were smart to think of another utility of your right hand.

Although seems odd, but A-5s cockpit is much organised and orderly than the cockpit of F-6 ( Mig-19) that was perhaps purposely designed to scare off the light hearted pilots.

Anyway, PAF is gradually getting off the era of analogue and moving to digital one. With lesser work load in cockpit, the pilot performance is likely to improve and hence better combat results...

I am truly amazed. Even my Grob 109 cockpit is more high tech then this... :)

LCA TEJAS COCKPIT - AERO INDIA 2009
Pilot - Sir Jaideep Maloankar (Naval test pilot)

:cheers:

Photo Credits to - Mr Kedar Karmakar.

Attachments

• LCA.jpg
    LCA.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 374
Su-30MKI
Front-seat cockpit
ddcc1e985d1255e312a243fcda75a3ca.jpg

5681745a81b8962bbad990a584c3daa0.jpg

Back-seat cockpit
98d711afa12513fe7d719e59be5856e0.jpg

HAL Tejas LCA
Picture of the real LCA cockpit (supposedly)

Picture of LCA cockpit mock-up (supposedly)

Without being much technical ... One must agree that LCA has better looking cockpit then Su-30MKI.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom