What's new

Fighter Aircraft Cockpit Designs

Without being much technical ... One must agree that LCA has better looking cockpit then Su-30MKI.

Not sure about that. The SU 30 cockpit pcitures that are posted is very very old, possibly of the 1990's era. I am not even sure if its SU 30 mki , however if you ask me SU 30 MKI cockpit should be looking different IMHO. that being said if you compare the cockpit foto of SU 30 (posted ones) and LCA ones , then LCA is definetly better.

In betn LCA cockpit is more clear in one of Aero india snaps.

:cheers::cheers:

Why do pilots have to wear gloves???

Well pilots wear gloves so they don't leave fingerprints on the switches and hence can walk free from the crime scene! ....Sorry couldn’t resist..:P

On a serious note, gloves are worn for various reasons.

1. They keep your hands warm.
Below tropopause, the standard atmospheric temperature lapse rate is ~ 2dgrees/ 1000 feet. If its 25 degrees on ground, it will be around - 35 degrees at 30,000 feet. Visualize, if your heating system cocks up or you have to eject at that altitude. You will need gloves mate.

2. They keep your hands clean while you are doing the pre or post flight inspections of the aircraft.

3. Keep your hands dry and avoid sweaty palms.

4. They provide some degree of fire protection and heat resistance. Imagine if you have to escape from a burning aircraft and operate canopy handles etc...Any naked skin will burn if you touch the hot aircraft parts.

5. Protection against the electric static.

There could be many other reason too , hope someone else can add those..

Last edited:
sorry ! here it is

64a2423070fe95e71e84661a090bd04e.jpg

flying an A5 at night must be a FEAT....and secondly i loved the photos of the LCAs cuz finally someone puts up a pic of something our JF-17 will be up against...!!!

I guess Joy Stick on right prevents dangling of hand in excessive g force

Nice pics,the MKI cockpit has undergone a huge redesign and calibration,I've seen the cockpits of MKI at the Chennai Airshow last year,the MFD s are supplied by an Indian company perhaps Samtel,the joystick is a bit different and more flexible,the earlier one was very tight and slightly bigger.By the by I have photos of IDF-AF Sufa cockpit,can anyone give me his mail ID so that I can send the link?

Thanks.

I must say the thunders cockpit is really awsome looken mashallah!

Back
Top Bottom