What's new

FIGHTER AIRCRAFTS OF IAF - A SUPERPOWER IN THE MAKING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I got it perfectly..... you answered it with your own post...

Mate, din't get you???

120+ Rafale by 2025 ---> All New.
100+ LCA by 2025 ----> All New.
270+ sukhois by 2025 ----> Half new & other half will be having MLU by than.
100+ FGFA ---> All New.<<<< THIS ONE I ALSO LIKE... AS YOU WILL HAVE DECENT UNDERSTANDING AND TIME TO READJUST THE PARAMETERS AS IT IS YOURS

So atleast 60% of IAF will be consisting of completely new platforms.

As per the advice on more funds for the R&D, yes i know:

Not even 1% of our GDP is spend on it.

List of countries by research and development spending - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, you can understand that unlike some privileged country, we have to take care of around 80+ crore people who aren't even earning $2 a day.

Spending handsomely on R&D is a LUXURY that only nations like US & China can afford.

Having said that, it is obvious that with time, Indian GDP will only rise, so would the spend on R&D.

We are SLOWLY but surely getting there, as they say "Rome wasn't built in a Day" :)

Mate, din't get you???

120+ Rafale by 2025 ---> All New.
100+ LCA by 2025 ----> All New.
270+ sukhois by 2025 ----> Half new & other half will be having MLU by than.
100+ FGFA ---> All New.

So atleast 60% of IAF will be consisting of completely new platforms.

As per the advice on more funds for the R&D, yes i know:

Not even 1% of our GDP is spend on it.

List of countries by research and development spending - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, you can understand that unlike some privileged country, we have to take care of around 80+ crore people who aren't even earning $2 a day.

Spending handsomely on R&D is a LUXURY that only nations like US & China can afford.

Having said that, it is obvious that with time, Indian GDP will only rise, so would the spend on R&D.

We are SLOWLY but surely getting there, as they say "Rome wasn't built in a Day" :)

Mate, Rome wasn't built in a day, but it surely did get built over over time... Our characteristic problem is that we are still too dependent on defunct sarkari companies and imports... Not only in defence but almost everywhere... if you look at the spirit in which @Hyperion made the point, I think he is bang on with what he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
ToT is not all inclusive. They never reveal the research data on composites, critical components of the engine. NONE of the metallurgical composition is EVER revealed. In the end you can assemble and make 85% of the platform, however, you NEVER EVER know how to make the rest of the 15%.
Well that depends upon the various clauses of agreement ,there is not any per-defined set of norms or protocol for that,which is needed to be followed in every contract.

@Hyperion, i am just saying that IAF is going through a massive transition currently where obsolete planes are replace by new ones.

Even our Air Chief said that by 2022, 75% modernization of IAF will be completed which is a good thing.

IAF just have to play it's cards well from now on.

No dear friend. Everything is NEVER available. Something are a no-go area, these are clearly mentioned in the contracts. Only time and indigenous research can fulfill those gaps.

Thats why india ask for transfer of tech or co development.

Thats why I said... India will become a regional force to be reckoned with in the near future.

You should definitely go ahead with the modernization. Your present strategic interests require it. And I do like the platforms myself.

@Hyperion, i am just saying that IAF is going through a massive transition currently where obsolete planes are replace by new ones.

Even our Air Chief said that by 2022, 75% modernization of IAF will be completed which is a good thing.

IAF just have to play it's cards well from now on.

No dear friend. Everything is NEVER available. Something are a no-go area, these are clearly mentioned in the contracts. Only time and indigenous research can fulfill those gaps.

No sir,You may read french officials statement that india is asking for TOT but they must remember that everything comes with cost.

We dont need complete know how,just tech where we are stucked like in kaveri engine development which dont give enough thrust

@Hyperion, i want your take on the MMRCA deal.

IAF has asked for complete TOT, even Sarkozy reiterated that.

But can you tell what will they give & what will they avoid??

Also, how much will Rafale deal help us when it comes to indigenous tech. building??

Neither was my statement "All Inclusive", obviously ToT for a microwave oven is different from that of a Nuclear Submarine (if there ever such a thing).

Well that depends upon the various clauses of agreement ,there is not any per-defined set of norms or protocol for that,which is needed to be followed in every contract.

I never loose my cool. My day job requires me to have a poker face 99% of the time. Those financial consultants are not joke... :woot:

@Hyperion pls don't lose your COOL.

Obviously some members here don't know you.

:)

@Hyperion, i want your take on the MMRCA deal.

IAF has asked for complete TOT, even Sarkozy reiterated that.

But can you tell what will they give & what will they avoid??

Also, how much will Rafale deal help us when it comes to indigenous tech. building??

The reason for the delay of the MMRCA is a because of the bottle necks in transfer of tech. Indians are trying to squeeze the tech from Dassault and France are also playing their cards well.

In between we see the articles which say MMRCA may be scrapped etc..etc...

I got bored... moving to fun corner... join me, I'll offer free Naswar there.... :enjoy:

No sir,You may read french officials statement that india is asking for TOT but they must remember that everything comes with cost.

We dont need complete know how,just tech where we are stucked like in kaveri engine development which dont give enough thrust

This stuff that you start describing by the word 'just' is the biggest momma of hidden techs across the world... Being the biggest airplane market of the world, if chinese don't have it, we surely aren't born with a golden horn that the world will just hand in their biggest tech secret - Jet engines. US, UK and France have the WWII history that gave them that knowledge and it separates them from the rest of the worlds... and therefore, that technology is not available... at NO cost! irrespective of how much we wish for it...

IAF would be world's 2nd best Air force in the world by 2025 after the USA and No. 1 Air force by 2035.

Right now IAF is the 3rd best after US and Russia.

Excellent Indian World virtualization technology. :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom