What's new

Fighter plane, frigate and Tanks for armed forces: Planning minister

I read somewhere that BD shown interest in JF17. It will be a cost-effective option anyway.
I do not think, BD is interested in JF-17. BD was interested in Chinese J-10. But, now finally it seems that it has opted for the hornets. Two or three squadrons will suffice. I hope, this will dissuade the Burmese from deploying half lakh of troops every six months along BD border.

I do not think, BD is interested in JF-17. BD was interested in Chinese J-10. But, now finally it seems that it has opted for the hornets. Two or three squadrons will suffice. I hope, this will dissuade the Burmese from deploying half lakh of troops every six months along BD border.

I still have a feeling we won't buy Hornets,not at least in this year.Just my suspicion,although would love to see those birds flying in BD sky.

Sudden change of policy by the Govt.,which had big plans for navy,now instead planning big for Air force.The reason being the Burmese Mig-29 Ks.

What old frigates are available that Govt. is saying will be procuring?

My estimation is Type-23 of Royal Navy,they will be retiring them,and since we are going for old frigates,they might be on the list.Considering the fact that patrol crafts are also ordered from UK.

What other options available?Any guesses?

Other than hornet, we have only limited choices. J-10 is not ready till 2015 and BD not going for anymore Russian crafts. Any other idea??

Other than hornet, we have only limited choices. J-10 is not ready till 2015 and BD not going for anymore Russian crafts. Any other idea??

Yes, I have read somewhere that the Chinese production of J-10 is not enough even to satisfy the demand of its own airforce. It may be a wishful thinking, but I really wish a big purchase from the USA at a 'friendly price' and at deferred payment in, say, 10 years.

Something is brewing up there, no doubt about it. USA left one unit of hornet and then our young pilots are in the USA to take training. Could it also be that the Uncle is testing the skills of our pilots and how much time they need to master all the manueverings of that big bird? Even if it is so, it will not stop there. There will be purchasing, I wish.

Even the Burmese getting those 20 Migs will take time of 4-5 years.

It will be same for us too,unless old aircrafts are bought,which I don't think will happen.

Mirage is out of production,so not possible.

F-16,I don't think offered to us.

I can't see any other ac except F-18 and Chinese planes.Or could it be BD is taking up the old Russian offer of Su-27s.In that case,not that bad option,considering Su-27s are powerful than Migs.But maintenance is trouble.

So J-10 and FC-1/Jf-17 is probably on table along with F-18 Hornet.I just hope its not F-7 again.:agree:

Planning minister A K khondoker today said, In this fiscal year his government will purchase Fighter plane, frigate and Tanks for armed forces. Reports the prothom alo (in bengali), the leading newspaper in Bangladesh.

For Air Force: Land to Air missile system, air defence radar, two helicopter, one squadron fighter plane and missiles will be purchased in this fiscal year.

For Army: 7 tanks, one armed recovery vehicle, 80 Armed personal Carrier (for UN mission), 5 ARV, 5 APC Ambulance and two helicopter will be purchased in this fiscal year.
what the hell are we gonna do with 7 tanks!!wish there were two 0s after 7.. ;)

what the hell are we gonna do with 7 tanks!!wish there were two 0s after 7.. ;)
Someone mentioned earlier that our Bangla accent is not good. So, when someone wants to say SHAT (60), he may say SAT (7). Newspaper men's hearing may also have similar problem.

So, either it is that we are purchasing a new type of tank numbering only seven to test its performance, or we are purchasing 60 tanks.

Yes, I have read somewhere that the Chinese production of J-10 is not enough even to satisfy the demand of its own airforce. It may be a wishful thinking, but I really wish a big purchase from the USA at a 'friendly price' and at deferred payment in, say, 10 years.

Something is brewing up there, no doubt about it. USA left one unit of hornet and then our young pilots are in the USA to take training. Could it also be that the Uncle is testing the skills of our pilots and how much time they need to master all the manueverings of that big bird? Even if it is so, it will not stop there. There will be purchasing, I wish.

Yes also there are too many talking going on in US congress house, like BD is the strongest ally, BD can be a bridge between muslim world and US lab lab laa.... They must have heard something in the background.

:angel:

Someone mentioned earlier that our Bangla accent is not good. So, when someone wants to say SHAT (60), he may say SAT (7). Newspaper men's hearing may also have similar problem.

So, either it is that we are purchasing a new type of tank numbering only seven to test its performance, or we are purchasing 60 tanks.

I think its only seven for testing its performance.Also considering the fact that Govt. is planning to buy so many things in this year alone,I think the tank numbers that's why suffered.
May be next year will be for tanks.But this year Govt. seems too eager to counter Burmese move.

@Raquib

Good to see you back bro :D

Yes also there are too many talking going on in US congress house, like BD is the strongest ally, BD can be a bridge between muslim world and US lab lab laa.... They must have heard something in the background.

:angel:

Good point there..Hope they give us some birds in the meantime ;)

Any guesses about frigates yet?

So J-10 and FC-1/Jf-17 is probably on table along with F-18 Hornet.I just hope its not F-7 again.:agree:

It will be F-7BG.

I can bet upto US $ 100 on that. The existing F-7MB of BAF will be replaced with that type.

My estimation is Type-23 of Royal Navy,they will be retiring them,and since we are going for old frigates,they might be on the list.Considering the fact that patrol crafts are also ordered from UK.

The Royal Navy is not planning to decommision any of the existing Type-23 Frigate(s) till 2019.

3 Type-23's were transferred to Chile between 2006-07-08. Thats it.

Unless The Royal Navy goes on cost cutting. As of 2003 the running cost per year for a Type 23 is 10.3 Million Pounds.

GB

It will be F-7BG.

I can bet upto US $ 100 on that. The existing F-7MB of BAF will be replaced with that type.

I don't know what it will be,but I hope you are wrong.

The Royal Navy is not planning to decommision any of the existing Type-23 Frigate(s) till 2019.

3 Type-23's were transferred to Chile between 2006-07-08. Thats it.

Unless The Royal Navy goes on cost cutting. As of 2003 the running cost per year for a Type 23 is 10.3 Million Pounds.

GB

10.3 Million Pounds.

Hmm,that's too high for a country like BD.May be some old Chinese frigate then.

Recently saw BNS Osman in Chittagong,it was upgraded with C-802 missiles and FM-90 SAMs.Similar sort of upgrades on a decent frigate will probably be sufficient to deal with the Burmese.

As it seems,the Govt. is too busy countering Burmese moves right now.Even the BAF base at cox bazar is a reply to Sitwee air base of Burma.

I don't know what it will be,but I hope you are wrong.

I am also here, you are also here, let's see.

10.3 Million Pounds.

Hmm,that's too high for a country like BD.May be some old Chinese frigate then.

10.3 million pounds per year back in 2003. We are in 2010. add the infliation.

Since I always insist on source/links here is the one before someone ask me. As mentioned the figures are in 2003.

Destroyers (Hansard, 9 September 2003)

GB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom