What's new

FIRST EVER VIDEO/PHOTOS : K-15 SLBM Test Fired !!!!

2ll0vmx.jpg

railcarrage.jpg

plsc.jpg

^^^ Beautiful pictures.

What is the second image ??

Third image looks like the underwater pontoon.Never imagined it to be this big.

^^^ Beautiful pictures.

What is the second image ??

Third image looks like the underwater pontoon.Never imagined it to be this big.

From the video it is clear that the second image is of an Agni 2.

But it looks more like a rail mobile in the chandipur testing range rather than a operationally deployed A2 rail mobile TEL.

@Abingdonboy : This image shows that K15 was tested from an underwater platform and not a semi-submersible.
@Capt.Popeye : It looks like a platform with ballast tanks and moorings, as you said .

What I find weird is that such an important image was released and there is virtually no discussion by Indians on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy : This image shows that K15 was tested from an underwater platform and not a semi-submersible.
@Capt.Popeye : It looks like a platform with ballast tanks and moorings, as you said .

What I find weird is that such an important image was released and there is virtually no discussion by Indians on the matter.

Actually I am kind of surprised that such photographs are released. It for me points to a matter of fact achievement for DRDO. Submarine launched... meh... big deal :coffee:
:yay:

The reason that there was no discussion is that there were no pictures released yet showing the launch platform. Now that it has happened; it is apparent that the 'launch-rig' was quite sophisticated and approximates the launch chamber on the sub (though here it is singular, which is no big deal). The Sealing arrangement on the launch tube is very important, and it is clearly visible in the picture(s). That is one of the keynotes of the test. Quite impressive.

The Test Launch Platform looks like a 'tank-like' arrangement with ballast compartments allowing it to be submerged and descended to an ocean depth/sea-bed corresponding to the test-depth with arrangements to moor it. Deballasting the ballast will allow it to re-surface.

@Capt.Popeye : Like in slbm test of other countries , no white lid covering the canister is seen in the first picture .Usually the slbm comes breaking this white lid.

hqdefault.jpg

[MENTION=28303]

Maybe because these visuals appeared only momentarily in a DRDO YT vid that not many have seen. These images are merely CAPS from that vid.

The reason that there was no discussion is that there were no pictures released yet showing the launch platform. Now that it has happened;

Maybe because these visuals appeared only momentarily in a DRDO YT vid that not many have seen. These images are merely CAPS from that vid.

Even after the images were posted , there was no discussion about the topic for some days untill I decided to make it a topic ..... :D .....That's what I was talking about.

^^ The launch tubes HAVE to be kept water tight....Its not possible to launch a missile from a flooded tube...
So there must have been a seal on top of the K-15 launch tube...Otherwise the missile could never have gained enough momentum to break out of water....

@Capt.Popeye : Like in slbm test of other countries , no white lid covering the canister is seen in the first picture .Usually the slbm comes breaking this white lid.

hqdefault.jpg

This is probably Trident being launched..Its much wider and heavier than K-15.
Thats why the big 'white dome' which is a seal preventing sea water from entering missile tube...or both water pressure and drag had prevented missile launch,if the tube was flooded...
The missile gains momentum inside the tube due to gas pressure,then breaks seal,and water enters the tube...The rater of missile exit is same or tad faster than water ingress...and water acts as a piston pushing the missile out,not by direct contact,but by compressing the gases already under the missile.
So the seal or 'white lid' as you name it,must have been there,but smaller and thats why not prominent.

^^ The launch tubes HAVE to be kept water tight....Its not possible to launch a missile from a flooded tube...
So there must have been a seal on top of the K-15 launch tube...Otherwise the missile could never have gained enough momentum to break out of water....

This is probably Trident being launched..Its much wider and heavier than K-15.
Thats why the big 'white dome' which is a seal preventing sea water from entering missile tube...or both water pressure and drag had prevented missile launch,if the tube was flooded...
The missile gains momentum inside the tube due to gas pressure,then breaks seal,and water enters the tube...The rater of missile exit is same or tad faster than water ingress...and water acts as a piston pushing the missile out,not by direct contact,but by compressing the gases already under the missile.
So the seal or 'white lid' as you name it,must have been there,but smaller and thats why not prominent.

Yes it is a trident .

Yeah buddy , I know the purpose of that 'white lid' .(don't know the actual name)

I am just pointing out that it is not seen in the B-05 launch.

I will post the edited video of B-05 soon , just wait.

PS : Is that you safriz ???

^^ what white lid dude? is it important ?

Read post #207 and #208 .

@Dreamreaper :

B-05 launch from underwater platform

In comparison , Trident SLBM - US

Back
Top Bottom