SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
First flight for the Turkish ANKA Unmanned Aircraft

January 12, 2011

ANKA.jpg

Turkey’s first indigenous Medium-Altitude, Long-Endurance (MALE) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle designated ‘Anka’ made its first test flight December 31, 2010. Anka is Turkey’s first entry into the MALE system category. Sofar the the Turkish industry has produces only the smaller Unmanned Aerial Systems.

The new UAV is designed to fly at an altitude of 23,000 feet for 23 hours.Anka has a wingspan of 17.3 meters and is powered by a diesel engine rated at 155-hp, It’s eight meter long fuselage is mad of composite.

Anka uses the locally developed ASELFLIR 300T payload developed by Aselsan. This payload includes a multi-sensor electro-optical system comprising a day TV, and Thermal Camera (IR-Infrared) / Laser Range Finder / Laser Designator (LRF/LD) and Laser Spotter. The Anka also carries a Synthetic Aperture Radar / Moving Target Indicator (SAR/MTI) which also supports with Inverse SAR ISAR operating mode for maritime missions.

Turkey is aiming at gaining self sufficiency in unmanned systems in upcoming year. The Turkish military was introduced to UAS through the use of UAVs leased from Israel, and the procurement of Israeli IAI Heron UAVs – a delivery recently completed, despite the deteriorating relations between the two countries. Turkey’s military has used these UAVs in its war against Kurdish separatists operating in the country’s southeast bordering Iraq and Iran.

Along with its quest for self sufficiency, Turkey embarked on the development of the new system in 2005. A prototype designated Turkish Indigenous MALE UAV.

First flight for the Turkish ANKA Unmanned Aircraft - Defense-Update

I can't believe that Turkey actually accepted the Herons from Israel after what they did to Turkish citizens.

Sort of like Pakistan accepting Indian LCH or LCA...

actually the first operational use of UAV was ignat's.. and I don't know about the specs, maybe they copy pasted that from our notorious anti government master of misinformation burak ege bekdil.

@penumbra research the contract sign date.. and it was payed in advance..

I can't believe that Turkey actually accepted the Herons from Israel after what they did to Turkish citizens.

Our fight against the PKK far outweighs what relations we have with Israel. If we refused these drones we currently would have nothing but basic mini UAVs for observation missions in southeastern Turkey and Northern Iraq. Israel killed 9 people and the PKK have killed thousands of Turks over decades of conflict.

Yeah, keep with your disbelieve, Israeli technology knows to find its way even to countries without diplomatic relationship with Israel, such as Gulf states...

At the time Turkey order Herons they had ANKA on the computer as 3D model, it is even now yet to be operational.

Turkey became the 3rd country in the world after USA and Israel in building strategic unmanned combat air vehicle.

TAI Anka-A Unmanned Air Vehicle Flight Video (Software and material of UAV: 100% Turkish):

TAI Anka-B Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle Flight Video (with Turkish-made Roketsan Cirit Missiles):
..will be published after the restriction on the video is removed...

I think, Pakistan is a friend country of Turkey.
Turkey should help Pakistan and give know-how technology to Pakistan in developing Pakistan's own UAVs and UCAVs.

If Pakistan desires, Turkey should sell TAI Anka-B UCAV as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
ANKA+FLIR trials will be started in 2012.
ANKA + Full payload trials = 2013

According to S&H magaine, Turkish army ordered 2 more ANKA UAV.
Latest 2 ANKA fuselage will have less weight. They will be armed. Source points out that ANKA's equipped with AselFlir-300T will have capability of carrying up to 100kg weapon payload under each wings.

Good news I guess... Only thing I can complain about is that it's not SOON enough :)

Do we know what type of payload the ANKA can carry ? e.g. clusterbombs, missiles and such.

ANKA+FLIR trials will be started in 2012.
ANKA + Full payload trials = 2013

According to S&H magaine, Turkish army ordered 2 more ANKA UAV.
Latest 2 ANKA fuselage will have less weight. They will be armed. Source points out that ANKA's equipped with AselFlir-300T will have capability of carrying up to 100kg weapon payload under each wings.

100 kg under each wings = 200 kg. how is that compared to other uav's?

You don't understand the relation between Turkey and Israel. Our relationship as you compare is something like Arabs and Israelis. Turks have been strategic allies of Israelis for the last 60+ years. When have we been strategic allies? :blink:

Turkey became the 3rd country in the world after USA and Israel in building strategic unmanned combat air vehicle.

TAI Anka-A Unmanned Air Vehicle Flight Video (Software and material of UAV: 100% Turkish):

TAI Anka-B Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle Flight Video (with Turkish-made Roketsan Cirit Missiles):
..will be published after the restriction on the video is removed...

I think, Pakistan is a friend country of Turkey.
Turkey should help Pakistan and give know-how technology to Pakistan in developing Pakistan's own UAVs and UCAVs.

If Pakistan desires, Turkey should sell TAI Anka-B UCAV as well.

^^^^

Mate! correct me if I am wrong .. I have read somewhere in the forum that the Pakistan already his own version UCAV developed Indigenously by Pakistan scientist called " Burraq".

regards
Jailer

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^

Mate! correct me if I am wrong .. I have read somewhere in the forum that the Pakistan already his own version UCAV developed Indigenously by Pakistan scientist called " Burraq".

regards
Jailer

Burraq (Urdu: براق ) is a new unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) currently under development by the Pakistan Air Force and NESCOM, a Pakistani military research and development organisation.[1] The name Burraq (Arabic: البُراق‎ al-Burāq "lightning") refers to a type of winged steed, described as a creature from the heavens which transported the Islamic Prophet Muhammad.

In May 2009 the Burraq UCAV was reported to be undergoing flight testing and would be armed with a new laser-guided air-to-surface missile and laser designator, also designed by NESCOM.[1

Sourche = Wikipedia

As you can see its still under devolpment just like the ANKA-B
And from what i know it could also be a Mini uav or maybe a catapult launch able one, Doesnt always have to be a MALE.

Back
Top Bottom