What's new

First P-8I Lands At Home Base Arakkonam Today

hope that one still has my finger prints on it.remembered walking around it :p

And no pics?!! You disappoint my mate! lol!

Lucky you to have such an opportunity- now it is in Indian hands very few civilians are likely to have such an opportunity in the future!:cry:

And no pics?!! You disappoint my mate! lol!

Lucky you to have such an opportunity- now it is in Indian hands very few civilians are likely to have such an opportunity in the future!:cry:

sorry dude i wasnt allowed to.my uncle is an engineer at boeing so thats why i got in but they didnt allow me to take pictures or let me know anything only eyes no electronics.tried to sneak one in but its america too scary man

Some more stunning pics:

navy6.jpg

navy5.jpg

navy4.jpg

navy8.jpg

navy1.jpg

navy3.jpg

navy7.jpg

In the last pic you can see the EO/IR pod that is normally retracted into the body of the plane.

my question is why is it that the 321 came before the 320?

I think the same thing happened with the IAF's C-130J-30s wherein the second air frame (KC-3802) was delivered first and the first airframe was delivered later.

my question is why is it that the 321 came before the 320?

Numbering planes only means that the construction of 320 started before 321.....

That doesn't automatically imply that the construction will end & induction of 320 will be before 321.

Besides you can't rule out end time trouble coming out from nowhere in a complex plane like these.

Differences P-8A vs P-8I

The main sensor for the P8 Poseidon in the APY-10 radar, which is a vastly upgraded APS-137D(V)5 maritime surveillance radar and signals intelligence (SIGINT) system from Raytheon. The radar has been redesignated as AN/APY-10 in June 2006 due to the extent of the improvements and changes on earlier variants of the APS-137D system.

The radar is installed in the P-8’s enlarged nose fairing. It provides synthetic aperture radar (SAR) for imaging stationary ships and small vessels, coastal and overland surveillance, and high-resolution imaging synthetic aperture radar (ISAR) for imaging surfaced submarines and fast surface vessels operating in coastal waters. It has a color weather mode and a specialized Radar Periscope Detection and Discrimination (ARPDD) mode, for the detection of periscopes even at great distance.

The Indian variant, P8I, includes an additional Air-Air mode for the APY-10, which enables the tracking of airborne contacts as well. Another improvement present on P8Is is the presence of an aft-mounted, aft-looking APS-143C(V)3 Multi-Mode Radar (MMR) from Telephonics that, together with the APY-10, ensure 360 degree coverage. In addition, an interleaved weather and surface search capability has been added to provide the cockpit with up-to-date weather avoidance information while performing surveillance missions.

The P-8I for India (“Neptune”) also an advanced integrated Magnetic Anomaly Detection (MAD) system from CAE Inc

UK Armed Forces Commentary: The P8 Poseidon and the UK

I don't know how many of you realize that this is a huge huge huge game changer. There is next to NIL chances of any submarines going undetected . and when you have 12 of them covering the nations waters, it effectively shuts down submarine and naval warship attack . Enemy nations have to plan to take these birds out before they can venture into the waters.

Think AESA when it first came out...and BVR mix and what a game changer it was and is.

Back
Top Bottom