ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Saturday, 31 March, 2018 - 10:30
1522410137872860000.jpg

Maria Mahmood

London- Asharq Al Awsat

A Muslim beauty queen is set to become the first Miss England contestant to compete wearing a hijab and wants to represent the nation in Miss World.

Maria Mahmood, 20, came runner-up in the Miss Birmingham heat and has made it through to the semi-finals of the national competition.

The cabbie's daughter will become the first hijab-wearing Muslim to compete in Miss England, according to the Mirror which published her photos.

As for the swimwear round, Maria will be wearing a burkini.

Maria, from Birmingham, says she is supported by her friends, family and the wider Muslim community but expects some backlash from “old-timers”.

She is a psychology student and wants to be a social worker and secured a place in the semi-final after finishing runner-up in last week’s Miss Birmingham.

Maria stated that she participated in this contest because Muslims are associated with negative things like terrorism, and she is determined to challenge those views.

“It’s pretty rare for a Muslim woman to be in a beauty pageant but there’s nothing to stop us entering,” she added.

Maria told Mirror that when she entered Miss Birmingham, the organizers were delighted to have a hijab-wearing Muslim in the competition.

“There have been a few negative comments and I’m fully expecting some criticism from old-timers and conservatives. But what I’m doing is empowering for Muslim women. I’m anticipating most people will back me,” Maria concluded.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1222901/first-time-hijabi-dreams-winning-miss-worldhttps://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1222901/first-time-hijabi-dreams-winning-miss-world

Maria stated that she participated in this contest because Muslims are associated with negative things like terrorism, and she is determined to challenge those views.

That's weird, muslim women won the contest lots of times, for instance

azraakin1.png

Being a muslim does not have any negative effect in the contest. It's about how beautiful you are.

azraakin1.png

Being a muslim does not have any negative effect in the contest. It's about how beautiful you are.
The difference in this case is the Hijab.. it is the first time.. as the title says..

The difference in this case is the Hijab.. it is the first time.. as the title says..

I didn't say that hijab was not the first time used in contest, nor "she isn't the first muslim". I just quoted her own words since it seems wrong, and i showed that she is wrong. Community does not have any negative view on people just because those people are muslims. It there was such negativity, no muslim women could win the contest before.

That was my point.

azraakin1.png

Hats off for this beautiful Turkish lady

Average Turkish beauties look way way way better then Arabs ....

Saturday, 31 March, 2018 - 10:30
1522410137872860000.jpg

Maria Mahmood

London- Asharq Al Awsat

A Muslim beauty queen is set to become the first Miss England contestant to compete wearing a hijab and wants to represent the nation in Miss World.

Maria Mahmood, 20, came runner-up in the Miss Birmingham heat and has made it through to the semi-finals of the national competition.

The cabbie's daughter will become the first hijab-wearing Muslim to compete in Miss England, according to the Mirror which published her photos.

As for the swimwear round, Maria will be wearing a burkini.

Maria, from Birmingham, says she is supported by her friends, family and the wider Muslim community but expects some backlash from “old-timers”.

She is a psychology student and wants to be a social worker and secured a place in the semi-final after finishing runner-up in last week’s Miss Birmingham.

“It’s pretty rare for a Muslim woman to be in a beauty pageant but there’s nothing to stop us entering,” she added.

Maria told Mirror that when she entered Miss Birmingham, the organizers were delighted to have a hijab-wearing Muslim in the competition.

“There have been a few negative comments and I’m fully expecting some criticism from old-timers and conservatives. But what I’m doing is empowering for Muslim women. I’m anticipating most people will back me,” Maria concluded.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1222901/first-time-hijabi-dreams-winning-miss-worldhttps://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1222901/first-time-hijabi-dreams-winning-miss-world
It is a possibility, with a big check attached to it..like $5B..Parfum is very expensive nowadays...

I didn't say that hijab was not the first time used in contest, nor "she isn't the first muslim". I just quoted her own words since it seems wrong, and i showed that she is wrong. Community does not have any negative view on people just because those people are muslims. It there was such negativity, no muslim women could win the contest before.

That was my point.
She talks about the Muslim community in England.. she knows better..

This is expected from a rat face..

Hijabis are getting out of control. Have anyone seen the british hijabi rapper?

Are you referring to the hairy Iranians found in mut3a brothels?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom