What's new

Foreign envoys urge Pakistan to condemn Russian invasion of Ukraine during emergency UNGA session

Keep in mind EU countries matter when your foreign debt needs to be paid back or the IMF loan needs to be taken
don't worry about us, eu is getting hit with massive inflation thanks to its own stupidity...what are they gonna do for us when they themselves are in deep shit which inflation going haywire, refugees pouring in and a Putin breathing down their necks.

Keep in mind EU countries matter when your foreign debt needs to be paid back or the IMF loan needs to be taken
Yeah basically blackmail who you can and when you can. Whites and their double standards.

What a remarkable decision by Imran Khan to pivot to truly independent Foreign policy. A visionary leader who knows that the days of west hegemony is over and Pakistan has much more to gain from positive relationship with Russia.

And so what if the Army said, "yes" to IK visiting Russia? If that was the case, then it's even more proof the Army should stop making these decisions. It's not equipped to handle foreign affairs (just as it isn't equipped to run industries, companies, etc).

Visiting Russia by the IK is the right decision and we as a country can't be told who we should be visiting and when. We never started the war, abetted it or supported it so blame the ones who toppled the democratic elected government of Ukraine in the 2014 so they can push Ukraine into the NATO.
Have we been invited by the US for any trip to the Washington and who is arming India to the teeth, guess some tooth fairy? Who has pushed us into FATF and keeping us under the sword guess butcher the Bashira ? Who has denied us sales of armed drones/even used Apache's while we were fighting their war on terror and our boys were getting killed on daily basis. India is offered and marketed the items on the plate am sure that was not some upset uneducated mechanic who didn't had the cup of tea on time to take revenge from us. Who refused even to sell us the engines for the Turkish Helicopters so we can't even buy items from the others certainly that was not some king fisher.
We are side-lined, undermined and controlled by the US/West so much that we are even incapable of thinking who is our friend and foe is while our sold out media and politicians are doing their bidding. They are even changing the English language meanings to suit themselves must be desperate since when abstaining means supporting the Russia ?
This is war of the elephants and we are merely small foxes so lets not be part of the collateral damage and avoid be part of their dirty games. Lets be mere spectators for a change enjoy the movie as they kept their ears closed while Kashmir was turned into a ghetto and Fascist Modi is celebrated as maid of honour of the QUAD.

Now send them a letter back asking them all to support Pakistan's removal from the FATF grey list and then see. If there is no response or it's a 'different matter', write a simple statement saying Pakistan doesn't interfere in a nation's internal affairs.

They fail to understand Central/South America, vast majority of Asia and Africa are indifferent to this war, heck even side with Russia.
Cart before the horse. Here’s an example - during middle and late adolescence, youth experience a heightened sensitivity to reward, which impels them to sensation seeking before they have the nature self regulatory capacities required to rein in impulsive behaviour.

For nation to be treated more equitably by others, it has to demonstrate a commitment to play by the rules. With systems, processes, checks and balances to make sure it’s own resources (including Human Resources) aren’t encouraged to participate in subversive actions that threaten global peace.

You can argue Pakistan already does and gets punished for it. But Pakistan’s inclusion in the grey list is says another story. Countries don’t get included in FATF grey list because one or two countries hold unreasonable grudges against it — but because there is strong evidence of institutional deficiencies to counter terrorist financing, money laundering and proliferation financing.

Now FATF acknowledges Pakistan has been making efforts. But now those efforts have to lead to tangible outcomes.

Seek reward after action. Not before. Otherwise it’s just your garden variety, rather pedestrian, rent seeking behaviour.

Yes, we've been bootlicking for the last 70 years. So? Why not start making the right decisions from this point on?

And so what if the Army said, "yes" to IK visiting Russia? If that was the case, then it's even more proof the Army should stop making these decisions. It's not equipped to handle foreign affairs (just as it isn't equipped to run industries, companies, etc).

BTW, if the right people were in charge of Pakistan, we wouldn't have any analysts because the analysts would be running the country (as they do in the US, UK, Canada and literally every other first-world nation). Because we're all on the outside, we can either "analyze" and point out the right solutions, or cheerlead for the idiots running the country. I'd rather listen to well-thought-out alternatives than to support unqualified leaders.
It would be surprising that Moeed Yusuf let this visit be without protest. Either this was a the worst “Rock and a hard place” decision or whatever assurances the Pakistani delegation got regarding action in Ukraine were misrepresented. I can imagine the panic this caused when the invasion began and this delegation was in Moscow.

My best guess is that it was thought to be a fleeting opportunity to score a major country as improving relations PR stunt months ago but with the commitment locked in they likely had no choice but to let the visit go ahead.
If anything, Ukrainian factories may be hit so Russia might provide alternatives but that bridge with the Ukrianians has been burnt badly if not beyond repair.

that is like saying all countries manage their finances with the same level of competence
Or Honesty of purpose.

Visiting Russia by the IK is the right decision and we as a country can't be told who we should be visiting and when. We never started the war, abetted it or supported it so blame the ones who toppled the democratic elected government of Ukraine in the 2014 so they can push Ukraine into the NATO.
Have we been invited by the US for any trip to the Washington and who is arming India to the teeth, guess some tooth fairy? Who has pushed us into FATF and keeping us under the sword guess butcher the Bashira ? Who has denied us sales of armed drones/even used Apache's while we were fighting their war on terror and our boys were getting killed on daily basis. India is offered and marketed the items on the plate am sure that was not some upset uneducated mechanic who didn't had the cup of tea on time to take revenge from us. Who refused even to sell us the engines for the Turkish Helicopters so we can't even buy items from the others certainly that was not some king fisher.
We are side-lined, undermined and controlled by the US/West so much that we are even incapable of thinking who is our friend and foe is while our sold out media and politicians are doing their bidding. They are even changing the English language meanings to suit themselves must be desperate since when abstaining means supporting the Russia ?
This is war of the elephants and we are merely small foxes so lets not be part of the collateral damage and avoid be part of their dirty games. Lets be mere spectators for a change enjoy the movie as they kept their ears closed while Kashmir was turned into a ghetto and Fascist Modi is celebrated as maid of honour of the QUAD.
By sending IK to Russia, we've told the world that it's okay if countries invade other countries for the sake of strategic security interests. In other words, we indirectly told India that Balakot-type activities are perfectly fine. I doubt we intended to do so, hence this visit was bereft of any principle or strategic thinking.

If it had been me, the only scenario I would've sent IK to Russia was if I was planning to change our own stance on these issues. In other words, if IK wants to say he no longer respects the LoC, end all dreams of peace talks and normalization, and claim Kashmir, then fine. But I doubt that was on our minds.

Last edited:
By sending IK to Russia, we've told the world that it's okay if countries invade other countries for the sake of strategic security interests. In other words, we indirectly told India that Balakot-type activities are perfectly fine. I doubt we intended to do so, hence this visit was bereft of any principle or strategic thinking.

If it had been me, the only scenario I would've sent IK to Russia was if I was planning to change our own stance on these issues. In other words, if IK wants to say he no longer respects the LoC, end all dreams of peace talks and normalization, and claim Kashmir, then fine. But I doubt that was on our minds.

Bro I got a huge respect for you and I think you have been working too hard on here. Take few days off and take a chill pill and let the dust settle, rethink over the events as we can't be carrying on in the good old ways which have got us no where. 😃.

Bro I got a huge respect for you and I think you have been working too hard on here. Take few days off and take a chill pill and let the dust settle, rethink over the events as we can't be carrying on in the good old ways which have got us no where. 😃.
Bro the reason why I'm angry about this visit is because it'll set us back even more.

Back
Top Bottom