What's new

Forty-eight dead, 150 injured in Karachi's Shia area bomb attack

Any economical hub is considered a money earning machine , and each and every separate area is a source of finance for different local stake holders , and Mix demographics of this city itself helps different Mafias to maintain their support and hold in different regions . It also lead them to inter dispute sort of situations , Still no one can transfer massive explosion in Karachi as easily as that have observed in Quetta , So Explosion rate is relatively was expected to be lesser but the damage rate is greater due to lack of proper material that had used in these buildings.
But sir, one can do anything for the right "Price", these mafias work as long as they have control over their turf and no-one interferes with them.
So moving explosives into the city as big as Karachi is not hard if the material is used very commonly and available in the open market.

I thought most of these criminals had been routed in the layari violence?
Its because all local reports are not properly explained to international viewers by English sources. They always divert actual problems with different theologies , which itself is a media failure ... But they print what you likes to read.
But sir, one can do anything for the right "Price", these mafias work as long as they have control over their turf and no-one interferes with them.
So moving explosives into the city as big as Karachi is not hard if the material is used very commonly and available in the open market.
Even one need balls to transfer and maintain explosive , and must be handed over to a expert who properly controls the situation , A commie would never do that . but still our country itself is a sea of technicals.

One guy said a good point.

RM first shut mobile services, then what, stop vehicles, people shouldn't come out. Is it the solution ?

But surely the mafia isn't colluding with the terrorists out of any ideological convergence..if money is their lord then there will have to be a paper trail. Can't the LEAs clamp down on the financing itself, rather than physically hunting them, that should deal a body blow to such outfits?

Its because all local reports are not properly explained to international viewers by English sources. They always divert actual problems with different theologies , which itself is a media failure ... But they print what you likes to read.

So the gangs on layari are still up and running, I'd read of the pitched battle there that lasted days, did the crooks just relocate to another locality? Karachi seems to be suffering from a hyper form of mafia- even Mumbai didn't degenerate like this in the late 80s and early 90s- and that was a bad scene then for us.

RIP TO THE DEAD.

btw,why do most of these incidents take place in karachi??

So the gangs on layari are still up and running, I'd read of the pitched battle there that lasted days, did the crooks just relocate to another locality? Karachi seems to be suffering from a hyper form of mafia- even Mumbai didn't degenerate like this in the late 80s and early 90s- and that was a bad scene then for us.
Lyari Gangs are just a small portion of Mafias that controls Karachi , I don't think they would ever be able to conduct these attacks , But as your question to their existance is concerned , then Yes , They exists even today , and managed to increase their area of influence , even Yesterday they have gained a control of area from a Gang which was under controlled of one of the most influenced political party in Karachi , but still they don't exist in central regions of the city . Central and major portion of the city is controlled by Mqm and as everyone knows that they are one on Shi'ite side then its hard for anyone to deviate them easily . . .

Horrible. In post-Saddam Baghdad entire neighborhoods had to be ghettoized - walled off with access controlled - to defeat this type of threat.

It appears to me the security forces may be unjustly criticized for refraining from helping. Should that be their job, or is it better to deploy them to prevent a possible second attack, this time upon the people collecting the dead and helping the injured?

Even one need balls to transfer and maintain explosive , and must be handed over to a expert who properly controls the situation , A commie would never do that . but still our country itself is a sea of technicals.
As you said country is full of techies........however as I said earlier the material used in making the bomb was bought from lahore market, and If I am guessing this right than that material is "Ammonia" , which is actually used in fertilizers. US showed some concerns on its avialablity in Pakistani markets because it was used in Afghanistan by talibans.....

Horrible. In post-Saddam Baghdad entire neighborhoods had to be ghettoized - walled off with access controlled - to defeat this type of threat.

It appears to me the security forces may be unjustly criticized for refraining from helping. Should that be their job, or is it better to deploy them to prevent a possible second attack, this time upon the people collecting the dead and helping the injured?

They are actually very good at Security duty and cordoning off the areas, because this is what they do most in event of VVIP movement. Also in the past incidents, if they have to carry out second attack they just do with in few minutes of first bomb going off......

As you said country is full of techies........however as I said earlier the material used in making the bomb was bought from lahore market, and If I am guessing this right than that material is "Ammonia" , which is actually used in fertilizers. US showed some concerns on its avialablity in Pakistani markets because it was used in Afghanistan by talibans.....

Preparing Crystals from Urea or Animal waste not be tough for any chemist or industrial technician , even I'm having doubt on claims of getting this material from any industry .

Preparing Crystals from Urea or Animal waste not be tough for any chemist or industrial technician , even I'm having doubt on claims of getting this material from any industry .
I am no chemist,expert, or a scientist, last time i studied chemistry was in 2nd year FSC and I barely passed, so I cannot say if it is possible or not, but let me tell you what i know, these terrorists are not some rag tag off street guys, they have chemists in them. here is something to read, these goons were caught in U.K

Birmingham Terror Gang

However, there was evidence that the men were struggling to get the ingredients for their plot and no targets were identified by the police or security services. When arrested they were found in possession of just one sports cold pack kit which did not contain the key ingredient for the bombs, ammonium nitrate, because the substance is no longer used in the products

Americans have been saying this to us to control what we sell in the market, and I remember reading at few different sources, deterrgents also have a role to play.
The reason I am mentioning household items again and again because preminary reports of karachi and quetta suggest that common materials were used in bomb making

I am no chemist,expert, or a scientist, last time i studied chemistry was in 2nd year FSC and I barely passed, so I cannot say if it is possible or not, but let me tell you what i know, these terrorists are not some rag tag off street guys, they have chemists in them. here is something to read, these goons were caught in U.K

Birmingham Terror Gang

Americans have been saying this to us to control what we sell in the market, and I remember reading at few different sources, deterrgents also have a role to play.
The reason I am mentioning household items again and again because preminary reports of karachi and quetta suggest that common materials were used in bomb making
Their is always two methods of preparing a chemical compound , Industrial Preparation and Lab Preparation . I'm also no expert , but like GEO news reported that 50Kg explosive was used including ball barrings , so comparing to 1000kg that used in quetta its a 20 times lesser amount. So it itself proves my point that locations matters alot and that similar compound can be prepared in Labs, just RAW material is required.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom