What's new

Four-day meat ban in Mumbai during Jain fasting period

Do you support this four-day meat ban in Mumbai during Jain fasting period? (For Indians only)

• Total voters
The Jain community has heavily contributed to India's growth . I would respect their wishes. Those who contribute should be respected.
off all the so called "minorities" Jains and parsees contribeute most to national tax collection but looks like we indians still have to learn to respect and aknowledge the value of a section of society on its contribeution to development of nation as a whole

off all the so called "minorities" Jains and parsees contribeute most to national tax collection but looks like we indians still have to learn to respect and aknowledge the value of a section of society on its contribeution to development of nation as a whole

Yes. I respect the traditions of those who contribute .Of those who don't ,zilch.

Yet it is classified in the constitution as a branch of Hinduism. All religions are under attacked and are given a Hindu link in the Hindutva's thinking. Our culture is under siege, our religion is under siege other than our land being occupied.

You may take up the issue with your government if your culture is under siege, your religion is under siege in Pakistan, I am not sure about your land though....I hope being a TTA you are not trolling.

After learning that Jains are among the biggest exporters of meat (beef) and leather, I would see their attempts to preach vegetarianism to others as hypocrisy. Besides, ban is not the best tool to earn respect.

Wow Modi is surely turning India into a shinning star but hey India is a secular and tolerant nation so don't point fingers. By the time Modi is done India will officially become first Hindu Republic of India.

Wow Modi is surely turning India into a shinning star but hey India is a secular and tolerant nation so don't point fingers. By the time Modi is done India will officially become first Hindu Republic of India.

Don't want to expose you a stupid ignorant hateful run of the mill poster from our western border, but the ban is demanded by a religious minority and rightwing hindu organisations are opposing it.

But of course don't let any facts get in the way of your verbal diarrhea about Modi.

Don't want to expose you a stupid ignorant hateful run of the mill poster from our western border, but the ban is demanded by a religious minority and rightwing hindu organisations are opposing it.

But of course don't let any facts get in the way of your verbal diarrhea about Modi.

Well Ban wouldn't have been imposed unless majority wanted it. Coming up with bull$hit mouth farts doesn't make argument trustworthy. Get some proof of this from ignorant me.

Well Ban wouldn't have been imposed unless majority wanted it. Coming up with bull$hit mouth farts doesn't make argument trustworthy. Get some proof of this from ignorant me.

This is a decision by a Municipal council/Corporation. Do you think the Prime Minister of India has nothing better to do? :crazy:

We banned Satanic Verses - did the majority want it?
We banned Da Vinci Code movie - did the majority want it?

The stupidity of your claims and going on a verbal regurtitation of your childhood upbringing about Modi and everything Hindu does not change facts. Heck does not even change the freaking thread title that mentions ''Jains''. It only makes you blind to it, unable to comprehend, and incapable of googling.

MNS workers put up non-veg food stall outside Jain society - The Economic Times

Shiv Sena cash in on meat ban, fries BJP with vigorous protests - Firstpost

Last edited:

Which is why, in the interest of equality and lack of bias, I suggested initially that two days should be put aside every year in India where everyone must eat juicy steaks, mutton cutles and chicken farcha.

Right now we Parsis are being made to feel like refugees. Where only the son of the soil Jains get two day bans in their honor.

Not fair.

Which is why, in the interest of equality and lack of bias, I suggested initially that two days should be put aside every year in India where every must eat juicy steaks, mutton cutles and chicken farcha.
he he he doc im not such a "kachhe langot walla" that i get turned on to have some non veg which i left volountarilly :nono:

but the thing is BJP goverment delibertelli did this ban meat products campain and results are for every one to see the job what congress and other sekulars failed to do with all those anty SS & MNS rants BJP did without saying a single word .... if you know what i mean :D

cheers doc :cheers:

he he he doc im not such a "kachhe langot walla" that i get turned on to have some non veg which i left volountarilly :nono:

but the thing is BJP goverment delibertelli did this ban meat products campain and results are for every one to see the job what congress and other sekulars failed to do with all those anty SS & MNS rants BJP did without saying a single word .... if you know what i mean :D

cheers doc :cheers:

You think its the SS and MNS looking bad today with this nonsensical ban bro?

And then the roll back.

The SS and MNS provide and hold the muscle in the city.

The Jains have the money.

Someone has jumped the gun here and taken the SS to be a spent force. Taking to heart the "junior" partner tag.

All you see happening is a very gentle reminder of the facts on the ground.

Last edited:
You think its the SS and MNS looking bad today with this nonsensical ban bro?

And then the roll back.
well they at least prooved what kind of hypocrates and fools they are and now they wont find any support from wealthy jain community at least .... rome was not built in a day sirji :D

well they at least prooved what kind of hypocrates and fools they are and now they wont find any support from wealthy jain community at least .... rome was not built in a day sirji :D

Please read my post above. I expanded.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom