What's new

France starts ban on full-face veil

Well this topic seems to open a pandoras box for a free-thinker.

On one hand, woman or anyone should have a right to adorn themselves however they want --as long as it isn't offensive to others. French parliament terms burqa/niqab as socially unacceptable and a threat to their secularism. We can argue the reasons from dawn till dusk; at the end of the day --it's their law.

Respect it, or leave.

And allow me to be even more frank by posing a question.

Where is it mandated in the religion that woman must cover herself head to toe?

Racism is rampant in many parts of the 'secular' EU countries some of the Muslim diaspora also don't make enough efforts to integrate. Integrate doesnt mean popping bottles of wine and wearing miniskirts; it doesnt mean guys must gel their hair and talk in gay accents; it simply means making the extra effort to reach out to locals and be more open to engaging in people to people contact --instead of staying in their enclaves.

lastly, if a woman GENUINELY wants to wear a niqab (not out of pressure or hidden coercion) then by all means they can do it. I personally think it's totally un-necessary. To me the woman is a sign of beauty --her face, her hair, everything. They are bearers of life. They must show themselves. If they are compelled to keep their ''gaze'' down -- then maybe its guys who should do the same as well, and not be scumbags.

I wonder about how the male gaze determines what is socially acceptable for women. In France now, you can't leave the house if you cover your face, but if you pose in the nude for the world, you might become first lady! I think female exploitation and oppression are two sides of the same coin.

a pandoras box indeed

Well said Abu bhai, I completely agree with you. May Allah bless you brother.

If every muslim thinks like what you do, islam indeed has some future. The problem is that majority of muslims do not think in this objective way.

Islamic countries do not let non-Muslims open bars, Saudi Arabia doesn't let temples, churches, or anything else be constructed in their country. We expect non-Muslims to live by our standards, but we cry 'freedom & secular democracy' in their situation. Typical hypocrisy. The truth of the better is, even with this face veil thing, they are far more respectful to our religion than we are to theirs. In the US, we have our mosques, Islamic school, Islamic centers, Imam Bargahs (for Shias). No one kills in the name of religion. We have Taraweeh during Ramadhan for our Sunni brothers, Friday prayers for everyone, we have full freedom observing Lailut-Qadr in Ramadhan & Ashoora in Muharram. Hijabi women are not left out of any way. Niqabi women however, create an awkward situation for everyone.

French has done the right thing here. Take that ugly thing off.

French has done the right thing here. Take that ugly thing off.

I find the dress of the catholic nuns quite ugly, perhaps the Pakistani and other Muslim governments should ban that. It would be quite entertaining, seeing the beautiful shapes of the nuns.

I dont think its right to compare theocratic state with secular. There would not be any objection or protest if France was a theocratic state who would have derived this law against burqa from teaching of their religion.

All Muslim nations to a certain extent are "theocratic". Who should one compare it too then?

I find the dress of the catholic nuns quite ugly, perhaps the Pakistani and other Muslim governments should ban that. It would be quite entertaining, seeing the beautiful shapes of the nuns.

That would be on top of already treating all non-Muslim religions as second rate?

I know you have a fetish for Non-Muslim Woman as you cannot see inside the Burkha:lol:

Anyways How many Nuns...cough....Christians are left in the Islamic countries?

Isn't that obvious? Muslims are the least compatible people and even after 2rd/3rd generation they maintain cultural/values that is in stark contrast to host nation. In simple terms, they simply fail to assimilate. The y are trying to Europe into Arabia which simply cannot be tolerated.

everyone has a right to wear reasonable dress its basic human rights..........they call themselves the protectors of human rights but they themselves do against it...........if wearing a simple reasonable dress can can make then angry then they should stop singing the song of harmony among religions and peace they should stop fooling the world in name of human rights...............they showed their double standard many times they show their hate against islam and muslims..............their priests burn our HOLY BOOK their news paper disrespect our PROPHET (PBUH) but no one raised their voice against them but when it comes to muslims they come against us without any reason

Even in countries like the US, women are not allowed to be naked, without any clothes out in the public. It is against the law. Similarly, if there is a law banning the Burqa here in the United States, I would support banning it the same way nudity is banned here in the public. It's only fair in my opinion.

Whatelse we can expect from the France , the first world developed country , to take away the rights of the ordinary Muslims. women..:smokin:
They dictate us to give freedom to Muslim womenz and themselves trying to force them out against their wishes...:devil:
What a hypocritic first world this is...:woot:

Pakistan should stop defence collaboration with France. Ban all the existing links wth France, don't forget you are Islamic republic of Pakistan. This is an offence for all muslims.

Secularism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Never mind that you don't understand what that is..

In one sense, secularism may assert the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, and the right to freedom from governmental imposition of religion upon the people within a state that is neutral on matters of belief. (See also Separation of church and state and Laïcité.) In another sense, it refers to the view that human activities and decisions, especially political ones, should be unbiased by religious influence.

I know right now you will be finding it very hard to relate the above quoted text with my argument so let me do the hard work for you.

As it states a secular society isn't exactly supposed to impose a religion on their population so banning people from practicing a religious practice is kind of forcing them to lean towards your way of the society ithus imposing a religious restriction on them.

We don't exactly follow the surprisingly stupid saying
"When in Rome ,do what Romans do."

We tend to remain consistent in our practical beliefs rather than other people.

Back
Top Bottom