What's new

Geo's back! | Geo TV shuts down!

Geo General: you did it.

The guy ( general) has lost his mind totally. Will he decide for me that what I can see and what I cant see. He is holding whole Pakistan hostage physically and now trying mentally. I propose the change of name for Pakistan: instead of calling it ' Islamic republic of Pakistan....we should now call it....Islamic Republic of Pakistan Cantt.'

SALAM,

I THINK THE NAME OF PAKSITAN WILL BE "Islamic Cantonment of USA",

Danish saleem

Today (11/16/07) it's 16:20 Hrs in Illinois;USA . Geo is till ON. They should learn a good lesson by spreading wild News against Pakistan world Wide and then there few compares ignited tension in the Mass.

:) if you appointe Indians on key posts abroad what will you expect ???

Indeed ignition and instability in and of Pakistan.

Geo General: you did it.

The guy ( general) has lost his mind totally. Will he decide for me that what I can see and what I cant see. He is holding whole Pakistan hostage physically and now trying mentally. I propose the change of name for Pakistan: instead of calling it ' Islamic republic of Pakistan....we should now call it....Islamic Republic of Pakistan Cantt.'

Mr X

most of the people of Pakistan also do not want to see vulgar content and XXXXXXXX stuff shown on many channels freely being allowed to operate through Satelite so does it mean the Government should block them .
Right ???
In this case does the government or any individual has the right to force these things we do not want, on us. dont we have the right to just eleminate these channels we do not want just as you want to watch them as per same right.

Its not the matter what a bunch of people want to see, its the matter of the stability of the country and its integerity.
About 70 per cent of our Population lives in Rural areas and they do not have access to Dish antena or cable network saying it that the People of Pakistan want such propoganda or whateve you may call it, can not be taken as absolute verdict.

Geo will be back, they are out because they havn't sign the amendment in PEMRA ordinance. Once they sign they will be back media race. I personally complaint Geo about showing on TV dead bodies and etc. But insulting govt institution like Pak army is crossing the line.
Nobody wants to see mutilated dead bodies or insults to armed forces on the screen. All other channels have sign the amendment why not Geo.

Geo will be back, they are out because they havn't sign the amendment in PEMRA ordinance. Once they sign they will be back media race. I personally complaint Geo about showing on TV dead bodies and etc. But insulting govt institution like Pak army is crossing the line.
Nobody wants to see mutilated dead bodies or insults to armed forces on the screen. All other channels have sign the amendment why not Geo.

Oh yes...I forgot that the right to insult only holds with our army. Geo was showing what was happening around..they did not create those images in their studios..those things actually happened on the ground. I agree that sometimes GEO went too far with the graphical details which they shouldnt. But as far as the rest of the News, talk shows and discussions are concerned..they should have been continued as usual.

Our army has opened too many fronts in its own country and people have their reservations and differences with the way Army is handling the situation. So let them speak...what are you guys afraid of really? Is it the Image of Army? Its ruined already man...Geo or any other channel doesnt have to show anything against them...Army is doing this job itself.

Let people watch everthing and decide for themselves that who is wrong and who is right. If army or Govt is doing the right deeds then they shouldnt be afraid of any channel.

Geo does not have an issue with signing that bit. Signing the bit about not criticizing head of state, Army, so on that is what they didn't want to sign to.

Geo has one heck of a Business continuity Process.

They were routed out of Karachi, they were up again. They were routed out of Dubai, they are on the web!

Geo is one of the wealthiest news groups in Asia alone. They broadcast their channel in Europe for free.

However, this is what the public want, they want to know the news, and at the moment the government is raiding on all who sell satellites and decoders and taking their merchandise away. This is like Sadam's Iraq, no out side media channel is allowed, accept the state controlled ones.

Yea keep deleting my msgs....your are no different.....this forum sucks anyways....i am out of here
TC You all

Geo is one of the wealthiest news groups in Asia alone. They broadcast their channel in Europe for free.

However, this is what the public want, they want to know the news, and at the moment the government is raiding on all who sell satellites and decoders and taking their merchandise away. This is like Sadam's Iraq, no out side media channel is allowed, accept the state controlled ones.
I'm curious to know the rationale behind this all? I mean they have braved the free media for 8 years! What's made them lose it since 3rd November? It's hurting them more than the media.

Yea keep deleting my msgs....your are no different.....this forum sucks anyways....i am out of here
TC You all
This forum does not allow attacking members, and you are REQUIRED to use polite language while addressing each other.

Notice that 90% of the people here are saying the same thing you are but have not managed to get a reprimand.

I'm curious to know the rationale behind this all? I mean they have braved the free media for 8 years! What's made them lose it since 3rd November? It's hurting them more than the media.

I believe this was well before 3rd of Nov, this resilience started when CJ was kicked from his office and how the media stood behind the lawyers movement led by Aitzaz Ahsan and how the lawyers backed the media.

This marshal law is hurting all Pakistanis.

BTW, who said that Geo was ousted from Karachi, isn't jang from Karachi, that is really hard swallow, Jang getting kicked out of their home town.

Back
Top Bottom