What's new

Gorkha regiments of Indian army may soon become history

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first two pictures show a contingent of the Assam Regiment - possibly a TA batallion.

The last is hazy.

Well there are quite a few Gurkhas in the Assam regiment as well. Edited to Gurkha specific regiment.

Thread starter have zero knowledge and changed real headline with a fake one. :angry: :tdown:

In Indian Army's Gurkha regiments there is a ratio of 60:40 i.e. There are 60% Indian Gurkha and only 40% Gurkha from Nepal.

And not to forget the Nepalese are continue to join Indian Army and no power in the world can stop them.

It's more to do with work opportunities than "Martial Race".

But in my observation states with higher percentage of GEN category (assuming martial races mostly fall under GEN ) does seem to have higher representation in army.

For instance states like H.P, Punjab,Haryana, JK ,Kerala are over represented while Tamil Nadu, MP, Bihar,A.P,Bengal are under represented.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

You want to hear the truth . Can you handle it ??

A nation that was borne out of the invasion of Arab invader MB Qasim must constantly abuse and put laanat on his hindu ancestry to suppress the ignominy of being forced to leave his original religion and then at the same time have to prove his Arab coreligionists that he is a better Muslim even if that means ridiculing his hindu/Buddist past till it gets semblance of equality and resepect from the uncaring Arabs .

There are enough Gorkhas in India to form Regiments of the Gorkha Brigade in the future.
Just as there are Khampas, Bhutias and Lepchas and others like them. So no big deal!

In the meanwhile, the Nepalese Govt. ought to work hard to provide employment opportunities to the Gorkhas, esp. the youth. Or else they will have to deal with another "Prachand Prachanda". :)

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Oh, really??? OMG..........................:rofl:

Meanwhile Nepal has visa-less and Passport-less movement with India, they can apply for any government jobs like other Indians and don't need any work permit only need to carry a Nepal ID card with them. Nepalese people are ethnically similar to India, we have a huge Nepalese Minority and Madhesi people are ethnically similar to people of Bihar(Bhojpuris and Maithilis) and we Biharis even intermarry with Madhesi people. Nepal send people to study in world Famous school in Darjeelings, a cultural centre of Indian Nepalese.

So, if some communist stooges in Nepal thinks that they will do such act with India to create more space for China, they are the biggest stupid in the world.

I don't know the validity of the Martial Race theory but more people from Martial race opt to join the army than those from non-martial races.

State Pct of Population Pct of Soldiers Over Representation "Martial Races"
Uttar Pradesh/Uttarakhand 17.0% 15.58% -8%
Maharashtra/Goa 9.5% 7.64% -20%
Bihar 10.7% 5.13% -52%
West Bengal 7.8% 3.63% -53%
Andhra Pradesh 7.4% 4.08% -45%
Tamil Nadu 6.2% 5.09% -18%
Madhya Pradesh 7.9% 5.13% -35%
Rajasthan 5.5% 7.04% +28%
Karnataka 5.1% 2.81% -45%
Gujarat 4.9% 1.48% -70%
Orissa 3.6% 1.27% -65%
Kerala 3.1% 5.38% +74%
Assam & North-East India 3.8% 4.05%
Punjab 2.4% 16.60% +538%
Haryana 2.2% 7.82% +255% J
Delhi 1.4% NA NA
Jammu and Kashmir 1.0% 2.92% +192%s
Himachal Pradesh 0.6% 4.68% +680%

People of bihar/Orissa/WB do well in govt exams, not because they are govt minded but there is not much career option and everybody seem to do so.
Some regions have traditionally joined army, and army seems to focus on those areas for recruitment. Nothing to do with bravery or marital race.

The days of mercenary soldiering under various ruse are over. The energy of the Gurkha will now be deployed in retaking the lands they had lost to the British. For instance, Darjeeling is theirs.

U never heard of gorkhaland?

You want to hear the truth . Can you handle it ??

A nation that was borne out of the invasion of Arab invader MB Qasim must constantly abuse and put laanat on his hindu ancestry to suppress the ignominy of being forced to leave his original religion and then at the same time have to prove his Arab coreligionists that he is a better Muslim even if that means ridiculing his hindu/Buddist past till it gets semblance of equality and resepect from the uncaring Arabs .

Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to.
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Sir,
Major General A1Kaid
with due respect to your POST COUNT,
I want to draw your attention to few names of so called races with Martial Status,as in wikipedia they are
Ahirs/Yadavs
Awans
Bhumihar (excluded later after rebellions)
Bunt
Dhund Abbasis
Dogra
Gakhars
Garhwalis
Ghumman
Gujjar
Gurkhas
Janjua
Jats
Khokhar
Kodava
Kumaoni/Kumaunis
Mahars
Marathas
Mohyals
Mukkulathor
Nairs (removed after rebelling)
Pathans
Qaimkhanis
Rajputs
Sainis of undivided Punjab
Satti
Sikhs:confused:
Sudhan
Tanolis
Tarkhans

Of these Bhumihars,Marathas and Nairs were so unruly that they couldn't be tamed even by harsh British rule,hence after 1857 they were not allowed to join army for quite a long time .Mangal Pandey himself belonged from Bhumihars a sub-clan of Brahmans.

Now you enlighten me that how many of them except Sikhs you find belong from Pakistan or to put it bluntly doesn't belog from Sanatan Dharma (Hindoo for your understanding).
Martial Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The bolded one's aren't a race most of them are surnames or clan's as they are known.
Tarkhans are carpenter's if i'm not wrong :undecided:

The very fact that you can't name the ethnic groups you want to deride, shows that you actually meant hindus and not any ethnic groups. And don't try to pretend otherwise, because it was your anti-hindu hatred and not any particular ethnicity you were trying to say hides behind someone. You just didn't realize that Gurkha is an ethnic group, as different from a religion. As I said before, you ought to be more informed.

"You rajputs and nagas and chakmas try to hide behind gurkhas" just wouldn't have made sense there.

And why all Indian hindus? Aren't you also imlying that Indian muslims and Indian sikhs and Indian christians hide behind gurkhas? This is what happens when you try to be a religious troll to hide your frustration - you tend to not follow your thoughts to their logical conclusions.

Nobody seriously cares about your lot of ethnic groups, many of you are racially Australoid-Negroid your a defeated people, you have literally been ruled and conquered by many, why should anyone care for your ethnic groups. I'm guessing you come from a defeated ethnic groups one with little achievement and weakness, it's people exactly like you who hide behind Gurkhas and Sikhs.

You also hid behind the British to seek refuge from the Muslims. Really don't talk about history you know little.

You just can't accept because of the weaknesses and cowardliness of your own ilk you people hide behind Sikhs and Gurkhas for your protection, Gurkhas knows this and Sikhs know this. Yet a particular delusional people here are in denial, denial of the truth here.

It is funny to see how many of your weaklings pander to these two groups, just shows your own disparity.

buddhu...im a tamil...and we ruled entire south east asia along with lanka for a whole century with only our naval power....a feat no other group accomplished in entire india.....the marathas made the mughals look like neighbourhood kids and ruled india....i need not say about the jatts and rajputs....this is just a microcosm of india.....anyway i dont fault you...ur just regurgitating what your books taught you...i just pity you...

For instance states like H.P, Punjab,Haryana, JK ,Kerala are over represented
I partially agree with your argument.
But the major reason is.....we dont have much of industry here most of the time you are either a farmer or a goverment employee for the state governement and getting government jobs isn't a easy task.So if you are Year 12 graduate,the institution you can bet on for a goverment job is Army or Police.This is the present scenario in J&K,Punjab,HP,Northern parts of Rajasthan & Haryana.

You just can't accept because of the weaknesses and cowardliness of your own ilk you people hide behind Sikhs and Gurkhas for your protection, Gurkhas knows this and Sikhs know this. Yet a particular delusional people here are in denial.

It is funny to see how many of your weaklings pander to these two groups, just shows your own disparity.

This is the historical truth, the British certainly observed this and wrote many accounts on this, in fact some of the British admired the Gurkhas but look down on many other groups for this reason.

The regiments of Indian army

List of regiments of the Indian Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom