Govt Fails To Provide Timely Rescue

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Govt fails to provide timely rescue, relief services: Imran

Thursday October 13, 2005 (1541 PST)

ISLAMABAD, October 14 (Online): Imran Khan, Chairman Pakistan Tehirk-e-Insaf has urged upon the nation to unite to face the calamity and help the brethren who are without food, shelter and medicine and deplored the fact that government has completely failed to provide any rescue or relief service to the people of the earthquake affected areas.

He observed this while talking to newsmen here on Thursday, urging the country that being a Muslim and as a human being they should come forward in this hour of national tragedy and mobilize all available resources for the relief and rehabilitation of earthquake calamity hit people of NWFP and Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

He said after returning from the calamity hit areas of NWFP, it is clear that scores of thousands of people have perished without any rescue effort and hundreds of thousands of survivors are without food, shelter and medical care.

Imran stated that any effective strategy for a natural disaster has 3 major elements, first and foremost is to rescue those who are trapped under the debris and show lives could be saved. "in the area I visited, no rescue effort b the government was visible." It is clear that entire communities have been decimated.

"The second most important factor is to provide relief to the survivors in the form of medical care, food, temporary shelter," he added.

The third vitally important factor is vital support in any natural calamity is long term rehabilitation of the survivors, he maintained.

Therefore I intend to raise funds and collect relief material, all over Pakistan until such time as uor brothers and sisters in the earthquake affected areas have some shelter and food to survive this tragedy. I appeal to everyone to donate generously to the Imran Khan Earthquake Relief Fun or donate in the form of blankets, tents, food stuff, medicines and any other household material that can be of value to our brothers and sisters caught in this tragedy.

End.

He should really cool it, because I doubt he knew this was going to happen, it was a shock (no pun intended). We weren't prepared for this, and even if he was prime minister or whatever, he wouldn't have done better, no one could've. The situation was that bad, this is not the time to complain about the government, but a time to unite.

there is lack of management in these situations which causes these administrative failures! :ranting:

I saw on the Geo TV, they were mad because the trains were stopped due to earth quake and the people had to go to the cities destroyed by the earth quake because of their family, and now they were blaming the government for all this.

This simply shouldn't!

Its not the government who should be blamed all the time. Its NOT the government who is responsible of trains being stopped! Its the management of the rail roads who is responsible.

And of course if there is no management no orders will come to start the trains...

thats all rubbish and nonsense what do u expect the gov to do when there is a situation of emergency in the country thousands of people have died others are suffering from cold climate food cloths etccccc many of them have lost their homes most of the people are under :Ledsen_Gubbe: those buildings whichg have been destroyed look its not easy to rescue people in such buildings its not a plain area its kashmir a mountanous region

roads have been blocked to due to land slides other transporations have been stopped gov has been doing what it can and on a steady fast speed army sure is doing eveything great they losdt their own 416 men because of this but these brave soldeirs left their companions there and are out helping the nation they are using whatever they can helis are in action C130s are doing their jobs animals have been used to reacch far flung areas

and most imporatant they jazba in the nation is great pakistani people have contributed 45 billion $ in relief fund :yeah: which is thought to be the biggest relief ever collected u know in universities students are giving their blood and are helping its victims they are going in such areas in group forms school children are giving charity and donations and r collecting it u know one of the boy of Alevels in my school sold his pajero (car) and deposited its money in the relief fund there is absolutely intiy among people and they are contributing a lot and so is the gov

:PakistanFlag:

thats all rubbish and nonsense what do u expect the gov to do when there is a situation of emergency in the country thousands of people have died others are suffering from cold climate food cloths etccccc many of them have lost their homes most of the people are under those buildings whichg have been destroyed look its not easy to rescue people in such buildings its not a plain area its kashmir a mountanous region

Govt. could do a lot because the disaster management program which they r working now,was introduced 2years ago! because that area was declared as "DANGER ZONE" by some geological dept.s but they didn't consider it .n see wat happend because of their carelessness!

pakistani people have contributed 45 billion $ in relief fund  which is thought to be the biggest relief ever collected

Sidra,

We collected $45 billion, are you kidding me? It must be $45 million not billion. Musharraf is still asking for aid that we need $5 billion............

Imran khan has double standards i remember and i quote i was pretty young at that time when imran kahn got married to jamaima the girl or lady he good married to he had given a interview at BBC and i still remember his answer to one of the questions..

Question was would you enter or would you like to take part in pakistani politics..

his answer was Pakistan is the country with the most dirtist politics in it and the goverment is runned by corrupted crimenal's i would never go to it pakistani politics i repeat Never.... :wtf1:

And now look at this guy my personal advice to him would be if you cant say something good :swear: than dont say anything at all.... :swear:

Back
Top Bottom