What's new

Govt plans massive printing of currency

Inflation will increase on printing because net quantity of goods remains same but you have added more currency there by decreasing the value of your currency.

eg Imagine a economic sys which has 10 goods each costing for $10..hence net value $100 being circulated in the economy.

Now the govt decides to pump $100 more to economy, making total economic sys worth $200 ..but number of items in the economic sys have remained the same ..hence now each item will cost $20 to compensate the extra liquidity.
hmm.... got your point

then it seems to be a really horrible situation, but is the govt that stupid to take this kind of descison?

its a crap idea and will not be good for pakistan. But its no big deal americans and uk are doing the same they just call it quantitive easing

Good luck comparing currencies which are globally traded and are used as reserves with currency of Pakistan...No offense but your knowledge about this topic seems limited. There are many members here in this thread who have good knowledge in this domain...My suggestion would be to participate in this thread by "reading"

hmm.... got your point

then it seems to be a really horrible situation, but is the govt that stupid to take this kind of descison?

yes they are stupid. These actions show desparation. But having said that thats what America and UK are doing as well. So depending on your position they are in good or bad company

India is not very different from Pakistan in those regards. Quite often I get calls from HDFC/ICICI banks to open an FD account or do some sort of investment to get a measly return of 8% int or something on that line. My first question to them is always about its worth in terms of gold/dollar, and then they hang up the phone.

Imran bhai, India and Pakistan both are developing countries with high rate of inflation, so land will always go up no matter what. It is the safest investment in such countries. Never go for bonds or stocks when the economy is so volatile.

And try to buy land in an urban locality or some well known city like somewhere near Islamabad or Karachi or Lahore, than far flung areas. In chaotic countries like ours, far flung or rural areas often lag behind, if not miss out on, real estate hikes.

mera abhi se dimagh kharab ho gya hai i mail to my best friend that first of at morning reply me details of land housing projects in city i wanna buy some land ahhahahaha

You don't print currency, not unless your currency is some sort of forex favorite.......unlike the US dollar, which the Federal reserve orders the US Treasury to print, we cannot afford this....it will devalue our currency further.......flooding the market with more currency is not going to work....otherwise why did we need to rack up billions $ in debt?

This is government is stupid...........or too clever.......you won't even see most of the currency reach the market.....

Government is stupid for nation and President is to clever for him self

just checked the currency value.
It traded at 92 vs the dollar.

I hope the type of situation zimbabwe is facing doesn't crop up here.

Good luck comparing currencies which are globally traded and are used as reserves with currency of Pakistan...No offense but your knowledge about this topic seems limited. There are many members here in this thread who have good knowledge in this domain...My suggestion would be to participate in this thread by "reading"

I traded currencies in the square mile in the uk and am also very familiar with kerb market in rupees currency trading at the Karachi stock exchange. Also traded in hubco and ptcl gdrs which are traded internationally in rupee denomination and have been involved in arbitrage for biggest trader in Pak this was all within last 25 years. So my suggestion to you is dont make assumptions and talk crap ok

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

just checked the currency value.
It traded at 92 vs the dollar.

I hope the type of situation zimbabwe is facing doesn't crop up here.

could happen but then unofficially pak govt has printed currency before. Remember in since the seventies i think it was abt 1 US dollar to 8 rupees

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

India is not very different from Pakistan in those regards. Quite often I get calls from HDFC/ICICI banks to open an FD account or do some sort of investment to get a measly return of 8% int or something on that line. My first question to them is always about its worth in terms of gold/dollar, and then they hang up the phone.

Imran bhai, India and Pakistan both are developing countries with high rate of inflation, so land will always go up no matter what. It is the safest investment in such countries. Never go for bonds or stocks when the economy is so volatile.

And try to buy land in an urban locality or some well known city like somewhere near Islamabad or Karachi or Lahore, than far flung areas. In chaotic countries like ours, far flung or rural areas often lag behind, if not miss out on, real estate hikes.

excellant advise under the circumstances

Keeping money in Pakistan is foolish. The safest investment in Pakistan is buying land and forgetting it. Over years its return is better than all investments in the world.

Depends in what aspect you are talking about...if we go by the current situation and the proposed policy then Pakistan is certainly not a very good market to invest especially if you are after real money growth...However if you are planning to finally settle down in Pakistan and are looking out for safe yet promising investment then no doubt real estate market is your best bet...However i would shy away in terming it as best investment in the world

thats a bad figure

1150 % depreciation in 40 years

but on a positive note, must be heaven for exporters

mera abhi se dimagh kharab ho gya hai i mail to my best friend that first of at morning reply me details of land housing projects in city i wanna buy some land ahhahahaha

Arre, itni jaldibaazi na kijiye. I would suggest you to hold on to your money wherever you are. After you are sure that you have saved enough money to buy a sizable piece of land/house in a nice area, then go for the investment. Until then, buy gold, or hold.

And gold will not go down as long as the war in Afghanistan continues. Once the war is over, oil will come down and the resulting fluidity of economic transactions will bring gold down as well. But the war is too far from over, so gold is certainly not going anywhere. Keep some gold, until you have a good amount of money to buy some land.

Depends in what aspect you are talking about...if we go by the current situation and the proposed policy then Pakistan is certainly not a very good market to invest especially if you are after real money growth...However if you are planning to finally settle down in Pakistan and are looking out for safe yet promising investment then no doubt real estate market is your best bet...However i would shy away in terming it as best investment in the world

I have thought about investing in pakistan on a number of occasions. The security situation is always a put off. Corruption also is an unattractive feature. But the main problem is in the west we have courts to enforce contracts. The justice system in pakistan also leaves a lot to be desired. But some of these issues india is a effected and also generally developing world

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Arre, itni jaldibaazi na kijiye. I would suggest you to hold on to your money wherever you are. After you are sure that you have saved enough money to buy a sizable piece of land/house in a nice area, then go for the investment. Until then, buy gold, or hold.

And gold will not go down as long as the war in Afghanistan continues. Once the war is over, oil will come down and the resulting fluidity of economic transactions will bring gold down as well. But the war is too far from over, so gold is certainly not going anywhere. Keep some gold, until you have a good amount of money to buy some land.

president you are speaking a lot of sense today lol what you drinking lol

I would suggest you to hold on to your money wherever you are. After you are sure that you have saved enough money to buy a sizable piece of land/house in a nice area, then go for the investment. Until then, buy gold, or hold.

ya, talking about gold, how are gold reserves a factor for currency value?

zara soch ke mashwara diya ker ok abhi hamary 15-20 lakh lag jaty to ? kis ne tumhy hamara adviosor bana diya hai yaar ?:lol:

yaar let me check first then i will decide .:frown:

I think demand for commodity will continue to rise. As more people in india china and developing worldd want their share of resourses. Hense they will increase in price in the future

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Me and drink??? Tauba tauba :D

yaar could be red bull or coffee lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom