What's new

Grand Imam of Ka'ba, Mecca, Saudi Arabia to visit India

Sounds like what I hear from Muslims in the US --- the lot in captive Kashmir may take exception to your broad brush - but lets move on .

There is serious need to have a reality check, why don't you fly down to Kashmir to see see tens millions of Muslims practicing Islam Sunni/Shia/Sufi whatever they want.

Unnecessary picture removed.

Indian Muslims don't need any certificate from anybody including you.

There are 34 Muslim MPs and Shahrukh+Salman+Aamir+Saif+Imran+Arshad+Katrina+Zarine etc etc.

Neither need one from you. keep your emotionalism at one side and try to accept the wrongs when these are there.

and 34 MPs representing BJP, Congress and other non-Muslim parties speak political language of their respective political parties

Jamaat-i-Islami is under MMA which is dominated by Jamaat-e-Ulema-Islam whose leader Maulana Fazlur Rahman is an ardent Deobandi. So your statement about Maududi not being a deobandi might be correct on the surface but the reality is that he enjoys immense support within this school of thought and its followers. It wasn't just JI that was used to fight jihad but also the JUI and other related factions in Pakistan.

Like I said, Deobandi schools have been radicalised during the Afghan war and the Kashmir conflict to the extent that most schools don't even follow the same syllabus anymore. Fazlur Rehman as you may agree is again more of a politician than a religious scholar and honestly speaking does not have much respect among Indian muslims either. I am pretty sure its the same in Pakistan as well

Yes, I am aware of the work done by Jamaat-Islami-Hind which is admirable but the reality is that had India remained united, they would certainly be like the Deobandis of Pakistan. Its only that they lost the likes of Mufti Mehmood who were interested in political Islam and with out a doubt would have used Islam to enter politics.
It is quite possible, but there were many scholars within India who opposed Maududi's though and ideology. And if you factor in that it was state backing that allowed JI to become as big and influential as it did and that in an undivided India, there would be no state backing to such a group, its more likely that it would have existed as fringe group with not much influence in the large muslim community even if JI-Hind didn't change its constitution it was still be marginalised it took a purely political Islamic viewpoint. It may have eventually moderated its stance like Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt which has plans to even field Coptic Christians as candidates.

surely but for that first they must be accepted by India itself as loyal Indians which unfortunately is not the case (Shahrukh or one of two MPs not at all represent the majority)

Well you had Muslim MPs and personalities right since independance telling Pakistan only if the GoP wants to listen. For example, there could have been no other group of more representative and respected Muslims than those who wrote this Memo to the UN on Pakistan in 1951. Hopefully, the message will go through one day.

For those interested, I was referring to this. The concerns expressed are valid even today suprisingly.
Memorandum submitted by Muslim leaders of India to UN Representative: 14 August 1951 | Indian Muslims

Neither need one from you. keep your emotionalism at one side and try to accept the wrongs when these are there.

and 34 MPs representing BJP, Congress and other non-Muslim parties speak political language of their respective political parties

A tight slap of facts, there are MPs from many Muslim parties too but the fact is that we don't have TTP or suicide bombers or extremist Muslims. :bunny: :bunny:

That's why our Muslims don't go for Muslim only parties they only like main stream parties because in India we are One.

Hindu+Muslims+Sikhs+Christians+Buddhists+Zoroastrianism+Atheists

Some Muslim parties which have their MPs in India

Indian Union Muslim League
All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen
Assam United Democratic Front
Jammu & Kashmir National Conference
Peoples Democratic Party

We are not a Islamic republic..!!! We are secular nation!! And muslims will go,which ever party they like too.! And we don't work on your Wishes!! Our country is doing exactly fine including Minorities..No need to poke your nose too much..!

I think the qualifier is in "Some Arab" countries not all. And I don't even think he meant economically but in terms of practicing his religion. Most Arab countries atleast till early this year were ruled by autocratic secular dictators which completely supressed the practice of religion including small things like keeping a beard or wearing a Hijab. These include countries like Tunisia, Syria, Egypt and Iraq under Saddam and even Turkey for example although it has started to improve their recently.

So in terms of having the freedom to practice their religion and being devout, India is better than some Arab countries as well.

I may not know a lot about pan-Arabia or anything of that kind, so I specifically meant the KSA.

Like I said, Deobandi schools have been radicalised during the Afghan war and the Kashmir conflict to the extent that most schools don't even follow the same syllabus anymore. Fazlur Rehman as you may agree is again more of a politician than a religious scholar and honestly speaking does not have much respect among Indian muslims either. I am pretty sure its the same in Pakistan as well

There must have been the ideology present that allowed this radicalization to occur, I am sure that as a centralized school, the Deobandi's should have been ale to keep a check on the activities of its seminaries. All people like Fazlur Rahman have only caused harm to Islam by using Islam as a political tool and never have they been called on this by the other leaders within this sect. Their acts go unabated even when there is a clear leadership present to stop it from happening.

It is quite possible, but there were many scholars within India who opposed Maududi's though and ideology. And if you factor in that it was state backing that allowed JI to become as big and influential as it did and that in an undivided India, there would be no state backing to such a group, its more likely that it would have existed as fringe group with not much influence in the large muslim community even if JI-Hind didn't change its constitution it was still be marginalised it took a purely political Islamic viewpoint. It may have eventually moderated its stance like Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt which has plans to even field Coptic Christians as candidates.

I am talking about JUI which is a Deobandi led party and has itself affiliated with parties like JI. They enjoy the support and power also because of their huge following and they would have easily rose to the top as they did in Pakistan.

JI-Hind changed itself because of the environment not because they wanted to be more open and charitable. Muslim Brotherhood has taken steps also to come across as more moderate and credible but their core ideology is the same because they remain a religiously restricted party.

A tight slap of facts, there are MPs from many Muslim parties too but the fact is that we don't have TTP or suicide bombers or extremist Muslims. :bunny: :bunny:

That's why our Muslims don't go for Muslim only parties they only like main stream parties because in India we are One.

Hindu+Muslims+Sikhs+Christians+Buddhists+Zoroastrianism+Atheists

Some Muslim parties which have their MPs in India

Indian Union Muslim League
All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen
Assam United Democratic Front
Jammu & Kashmir National Conference
Peoples Democratic Party

You Hindu extremists from Saffron brigade who killed Pakistanis in Smajohta Express and the same saffron terrorists killed your own Hindus just to malign peaceful Muslims in India

We are not a Islamic republic..!!! We are secular nation!! And muslims will go,which ever party they like too.! And we don't work on your Wishes!! Our country is doing exactly fine including Minorities..No need to poke your nose too much..!

In secular country you have Hindutva parties but you are uneasy to idea of a Muslim Political party.

and NO your country is not at all doing fine as far as minorities are concerned .

just go and read the chronology of all those riots against and killing of non-Hindus in India

In secular country you have Hindutva parties but you are uneasy to idea of a Muslim Political party.

Then who is stoping muslims to form a Muslim party?? If they dont wana form a muslim party then what is the problem you have with it ?? And why complaning that there no muslim party India?? India is NOT pakistan!!Plss Care about your country a little...:)

and NO your country is not at all doing fine as far as minorities are concerned .

And we need your certificate for that ? ...:lol: And neither I wana justify this to a Pakistani....Cry me a river! As usual! lol

just go and read the chronology of all those riots against and killing of non-Hindus in India

Last time i heard about any riot in India was in 2001! And the matter is in judiciary and case is going on according to the Law of the Land! And its been 1 decade since then...lol

Indian Muslims don't need any certificate from anybody including you.

There are 34 Muslim MPs and Shahrukh+Salman+Aamir+Saif+Imran+Arshad+Katrina+Zarine etc etc.

Yes, its not like Pakistan where Pushtuns are being killed in hundreds in Karachi and they pretend to worry about Indians.

They will do better to mind their own business.

You Hindu extremists from Saffron brigade who killed Pakistanis in Smajohta Express and the same saffron terrorists killed your own Hindus just to malign peaceful Muslims in India

Like your MQM party (part of all governments, even PA ones) kill Pushtuns in Karachi? In hundreds?

And you still worry more about Indians?

Even recently they did something to you Pushtuns, the PPP guys. Didn't they?

Why don't Pakistanis realize that we need no certificate from them!

Back
Top Bottom