What's new

Greater China (14,351 U.S. patents) beats Germany again in 2011!

I find it funny that certain stone age peoples are talking about Chinese being uninnovative when China has the ONLY telecom standards not made by Europeans (3G TD-SCDMA and 4G TD-LTE) in all of history. Not all innovation is created equal. Some new advertisement billing software is not the same as TD-LTE despite both being software :lol: but we all know which one these stone age peoples are more adept at.

And I find it funny that certain modern people taking credit of others innovation.. :lol:

I dispute that article. I do not know of any foreign invested companies in China that have significant intellectual property coming out of China. If they did, their profit margins and value added would be higher than domestic firms. But that is not the case - the value added of foreign invested firms in electronics in China is much lower than domestic firms, even as early as 2005.

Electronics industry in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I find it funny that Israel can claim to be "innovative" when the most innovative companies in Israel are IBM, Microsoft, and other "foreign invested firms" and not domestic Israeli firms. I find it funny that Indians are talking about innovation when tiny Israel, despite its most innovative companies being foreign, STILL beats India!

Its not an article , its a paper published by Oxford University. You can email them about your "disputes".

I find it hilarious that tiny countries like Taiwan and South Korea have 3 times and 4 times more patents than World's Factory China.

And as for the WIPO patents from China, you read what Tony Chen had to say about it.

Yet there are reasons for scepticism. The bureaucrats in Chinese patent offices are paid more if they approve more patents, say local lawyers. That must tempt them to say yes to ideas of dubious originality. And the generosity of China’s incentives for patent-filing may make it worthwhile for companies and individuals to patent even worthless ideas. “Patents are easy to file,” says Tony Chen, a patent attorney with Jones Day in Shanghai, “but gems are hard to find in a mountain of junk.”

Mountain of Junk:agree:

China is destined to join the rich man's club, because it possesses high technology

As far as I can see, China has no competition from other developing countries in building expensive high-tech products. For example, China builds massive oil platforms for export. All developing countries (e.g. Brazil, Russia, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey, etc.) lack the technology to build an oil platform.

Until that day arrives (and that's a mighty big "if"), China will sail comfortably into the rich man's club by underpricing Western competitors.

----------

Cuba to Start Offshore Oil Exploration in Early 2011

"Due to the longstanding U.S. trade embargo against Cuba, the embargo limits the amount of U.S. technology that can be used" by Cuba. To unlock her offshore oil wealth, Cuba had to wait until China's equipment-manufacturing industry was sufficiently advanced to provide the complex technology. The time has come.

Cuba to Start Offshore Oil Exploration in Early 2011 | Offshore Energy Today

"Cuba to Start Offshore Oil Exploration in Early 2011
Posted on Aug 3rd, 2010

TTPi1.jpg

A Chinese-built drilling rig is expected to arrive in Cuban waters in early 2011, likely opening the way for full-scale exploration of the island’s untapped offshore fields.

Companies with contracts to search for oil and gas in Cuba’s portion of the Gulf of Mexico have already begun preparations to drill once the Scarabeo 9 rig gets on the spot. An official with Saipem, a unit of Italian oil company Eni told Reuters the massive semisubmersible rig should be completed at the Yantai Raffles shipyard in Yantai, China, by the end of this year.

The journey to Cuba will take two months, and once it arrives it will be put into operation almost immediately, said the official, who asked not to be identified. It will be used first as an exploratory well for a consortium led by Spanish oil giant Repsol YPF, which drilled the only offshore well in Cuba in 2004 and said at the time it had found hydrocarbons.

Cuba has said it may have 20 billion barrels of oil in its offshore, but the U.S. Geological Survey has estimated a more modest 4.6 billion barrels and 10 trillion cubic feet of gas. Repsol has been mostly silent on the long delay in drilling more wells, but it is widely assumed in the oil industry it was due to the longstanding U.S. trade embargo against Cuba.

The embargo limits the amount of U.S. technology that can be used, which complicates finding equipment because U.S. companies have long dominated the offshore oil business.

A number of oil service companies have solicited information about Cuban regulations, diplomats said. Cuba’s state-owned oil company Cupet has been silent about the offshore activity and rejected requests for interviews.

A government official said the requests were denied because Cupet did not want to speak during the BP oil spill in the Gulf.

The spill has never reached Cuba, but it has heightened safety concerns both in the government and among oil companies with offshore blocks, sources said.

The prospect of drilling in Cuban waters has also raised pollution fears in Florida, which is just 80 km away from the island’s maritime boundary."

Martian2 , why you beating around the bush ? come to the point ..

Its not an article , its a paper published by Oxford University. You can email them about your "disputes".

I find it hilarious that tiny countries like Taiwan and South Korea have 3 times and 4 times more patents than World's Factory China.

And as for the WIPO patents from China, you read what Tony Chen had to say about it.

Mountain of Junk:agree:

Tony Chen is a lawyer, not a scientist. Sorry. The "paper" published by Oxford is in a very low impact journal. Useless garbage.

..when China has the ONLY telecom standards not made by Europeans (3G TD-SCDMA and 4G TD-LTE) ....

3G TD-SCDMA is based on existing technologies.Nothing revolutionary.

TD-SCDMA was developed in the People's Republic of China by the Chinese Academy of Telecommunications Technology (CATT), Datang Telecom, and Siemens AG in an attempt to avoid dependence on Western technology. This is likely primarily for practical reasons, since other 3G formats require the payment of patent fees to a large number of Western patent holders

TD-SCDMA is based on spread spectrum technology which makes it unlikely that it will be able to completely escape the payment of license fees to western patent holders.

Roybot I advice you to take a step back and read your own posts, it's obvious you are in complete denial. Do you really want to argue that every single Chinese patent is false?

and it is also the common sense that you are stupid and ignorant, becuase common senses are supported by hard figures, you dont have anything to prove your BS claim, but No4 global patent says it very well that China is gaining technological might to dominate world high-tech industries (already No1 in 2009)
like this one
Chinese To Build 4G Network For Japan » M.I.C. Gadget
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/132286-china-build-4g-network-japan.html

and I have been living in U.K for all of my 20s, and I saw how Chinese telecommunication companies taking over the capital goods market here...nowadays Vodafone, O2, 3G and BT are all using Chinese capital goods to maintain their technological competitiveness over their competitors

Yeah buddy, stupid and ignorant. That's me. :agree:

But im not the one to boast with someone else's achievement (even if they were in my country once), i do not try to portray simple machinery industry as hi-tech, i do not try to sell you people the notion that airliners made in China are some hi-tech because they fly on a design 30 years old with engines that consume 20% then the competing airlines airplane, i do not talk about my cars as if they were all the rage but in-fact had to be removed from European market before sales even began due to a horrible horrible crash test.
I would take a jab at Huawei here as well but since i do not know anyone that has one nor have i ever had one in my hands i cannot judge.
Also every tender you win it is because of price. You are cost effective. Just like the factory is so are these semi-difficult infrastructure projects. It is most certainly not some magically found technological skill.

But yeah, i guess im just dumb.

Martian2 , why you beating around the bush ? come to the point ..
The point is very simple that China is at top of patent and High-tech league, but he has to gone through the long way to make certain delusion people to understand this simple fact

Yeah buddy, stupid and ignorant. That's me. :agree:

But im not the one to boast with someone else's achievement (even if they were in my country once), i do not try to portray simple machinery industry as hi-tech, i do not try to sell you people the notion that airliners made in China are some hi-tech because they fly on a design 30 years old with engines that consume 20% then the competing airlines airplane, i do not talk about my cars as if they were all the rage but in-fact had to be removed from European market before sales even began due to a horrible horrible crash test.
I would take a jab at Huawei here as well but since i do not know anyone that has one nor have i ever had one in my hands i cannot judge.
Also every tender you win it is because of price. You are cost effective. Just like the factory is so are these semi-difficult infrastructure projects. It is most certainly not some magically found technological skill.

But yeah, i guess im just dumb.
yeah sure you got nothing to boast, as you got nothing.

if Martian believes in the great china concept that his own believe..but your sheer ignorance and stereotype of China's high-tech might is just as stupid as a retard thinks he knows how common people think

No buddy-every one of those claims i can prove-it isnt sheer ignorance, it is thinking with my own head- clearly not one of your stronger suits.

p.s.: i dont need to boast-my flags are enough-it seems counterproductive for me to start linking tech and science achievements- no inferiority complex here.

*hugz & kisses

Roybot I advice you to take a step back and read your own posts, it's obvious you are in complete denial. Do you really want to argue that every single Chinese patent is false?

Where exactly did I say that? And I am in denial about what?

- No Chinese company in the top 100 innovators list despite the huge volume of WIPO patents from China.

- The bureaucrats in Chinese patent offices are paid more if they approve more patents, say local lawyers.

- Patents are easy to file,” says Tony Chen, a patent attorney with Jones Day in Shanghai, “but gems are hard to find in a mountain of junk.

^^^These are not my words. I never said that all the Chinese patents are junk, but by the look of things majority of them are.

Back
Top Bottom