What's new

Greatest Airport of The world to be build in Istanbul.

Istanbul should get the right to host the 2020 Olympic Games, Olympic have been hosted at Europe, East Asia, North America, Australia, but never at Central Asia, Africa, Latin America, and I don't think Africa, Latin America have the ability to host one summer Olympic and there are winter when host the summer Olympic, Turkey is a place that every part can accept
You realise where the 2016 games are?

Lol what made the Turks go so crazy suddenly????? :taz:

I think they are talking about a phased manner in which this huge airport will be built.
Nothing has happened suddenly... Turkey's tourism and transportation has been growing for a while now...
I assume you do realize that Turkish Airlines has become the 2nd largest Airline in Europe by the number of passengers,
And the 4th airline in the world by the number of destinations.

Most probably, contract will be given as "Build-Operate-Transfer". I don't think Turkey will pay a dime for this project.
They are actually planning to give it as "build-own-operate" i believe.

Ok lets see mate.

Ur company built 4 `international` airports... 2 in Georgia .. 1 in macedonia and 1 in Latvia. That does not mean U built airports All around the World , does it? I have been to airport in Latvia , the Riga international.. and believe me when I say this.. the Bus stand in my small local town in Punjab is bigger than the Riga International U built.. no offence but pls dont make statements just for the sake of making them.
Unless ofcourse U did help build some International standard airport!!
Peace!!

I'm sorry but I seriously think you should see a doctor.
Isn't that much examples that people gave here enough for you?
In case you didn't notice, scroll up and read them again.

Nothing has happened suddenly... Turkey's tourism and transportation has been growing for a while now...
I assume you do realize that Turkish Airlines has become the 2nd largest Airline in Europe by the number of passengers,
And the 4th airline in the world by the number of destinations.

They are actually planning to give it as "build-own-operate" i believe.

Turkish Airlines to buy 95 new Boeing planes

Turkey's national carrier Turkish Airlines is to buy 95 planes from US aircraft maker Boeing.

The airline said it would buy 20 planes in 2016, 20 in 2018, 15 in 2019, 30 in 2020 and 10 in 2021.

It said the purchases were made to meet a need for narrow-body planes, adding that 70 of the orders were firm ones, and 25 were options.

The orders are for 20 of the B737-800 aircraft, 65 of the B737-8 MAX model and 10 of the B737-9 MAX plane.

Boeing said the list price value for the 70 firm orders was $6.9bn (£4.5bn).

Last month, Turkish Airlines said it would buy 117 narrow-body planes from Boeing's European rival Airbus between 2015 and 2020.

Of these 82 are firm orders, and the carrier has options to buy a further 35 aircraft.

The airline is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy as it targets a larger share of the global aviation market.

The airline carried 39 million passengers last year and expects to reach 46 million this year, growing to 90 million by the end of 2020.

It hopes to generate annual sales of $18bn (£11.75bn) within seven years. Last year, it reported sales of nearly $8bn.

Ok lets see mate.

Ur company built 4 `international` airports... 2 in Georgia .. 1 in macedonia and 1 in Latvia. That does not mean U built airports All around the World , does it? I have been to airport in Latvia , the Riga international.. and believe me when I say this.. the Bus stand in my small local town in Punjab is bigger than the Riga International U built.. no offence but pls dont make statements just for the sake of making them.
Peace!!

your 'no offence' is preceded and followed by some offensive statement. lol. BTW post 13 mentions many more projects.

ontopic: congrats, hope to see design soon.

any model or pic of the airport sketches will be nice to see now

Istanbul should get the right to host the 2020 Olympic Games, Olympic have been hosted at Europe, East Asia, North America, Australia, but never at Central Asia, Africa, Latin America, and I don't think Africa, Latin America have the ability to host one summer Olympic and there are winter when host the summer Olympic, Turkey is a place that every part can accept

Turkey will be a good pick.

Latin Am: Brazil

I'm sorry but I seriously think you should see a doctor.
Isn't that much examples that people gave here enough for you?
In case you didn't notice, scroll up and read them again.

Easy there Tiger. Before sending me to a Doctor did U seriously read my comment ? I did scrolled up and down and then formed my opinion.. I could be wrong in it.. but dont get personal mate.

your 'no offence' is preceded and followed by some offensive statement. lol. BTW post 13 mentions many more projects.

ontopic: congrats, hope to see design soon.

I did read post 13 bhrata shri :)
2 in georgio , 1 in macedonia and 1 in Riga . hence formed the reply.

Three airports might be a little overdoing it but I always welcome investments :D Btw, Tehran Khomeini Airport was also build by Turkish companies (Tepe and Akfen) and also one in Tunusia :D

And to my knowledge, Tepe Construction also did one airport for Nato in Afghanistan, modified two airports in Kabul, one in Egypt (Cairo Airport), one in UAE (Dubai).

Tepe and Akfen (TAV construction) are one of the best construction companies in the world. They would be able to build this airport with no trouble. I hope they will do this project jointly.

Ok lets see mate.

Peace!!
Well either you are blind or ignorant.
I gave you perfect examples of at least 8 airports build by TAV only.
You realy are weird!

Four bids set to compete in Istanbul’s third airport tender

Only four of the 17 companies that bought the tender specification document have prepared bids to build a third airport in Istanbul.

TAV, IC-Fraport Consortium, Cengiz-Kolin-Limak-Mapa-Kalyon Consortium and Makyol İnşaat will compete in the tender that is currently being held in Ankara.

Fifteen Turkish and two foreign companies had bought for Istanbul’s third airport, which was valued at more than 7 billion euros ($9 billion) by Turkish Transport Minister Binali Yıldırım.

Many of Turkey’s leading companies, from Sabancı Holding to TAV, İÇ Holding and Limak Holding, had declared their interest in the tender. In order to spark competition for the third airport, the Transportation Ministry introduced some amendments to the specifications last week. The changes made in the specifications included lifting the three-company limit for consortiums and the requirement that a dominant partner own a 51 percent share.

The tender for the build-operate-transfer project, which is to be conducted in four stages, will be for a 25-year lease, with the cooperation of the private and public sectors. The state will guarantee the amount of passengers and tariff levels for a certain amount of time.

Following the finalization of the tender approval, the first phase of construction is set to be completed in 2017 and will provide an initial capacity of 90 million passengers a year. Once all six of the planned runways are complete, the capacity is expected to increase to 150 million passengers, the world’s largest in terms of the passenger capacity at full capacity. The tender, however, has been taken to court by the head office of the Turkish Chamber of Environmental Engineers (ÇMO) of the Union of Chambers of Turkish Engineers and Architects on the grounds that the project violated the existing legislation for the environmental impact assessment (ÇED) report preparation.

TAV: Turkish
IC-Fraport Consortium: Turkish -German
Cengiz-Kolin-Limak-Mapa-Kalyon Consortium: All Turkish
Makyol Construction : Turkish

I cant stand this kind of bs.
The airport might become the biggest airport in the world but in the first stage it will only have a capacity of 90 Million PAX and if needed it will be expanded. In meanwhile the other Airport Sabiha Gökce will be expanded to 70 Million PAX and the old Atatürk Airport will still take care off logistics.

As you can see its highly unlikely that it will become the biggest airport anytime soon.

Well either you are blind or ignorant.
I gave you perfect examples of at least 8 airports build by TAV only.
You realy are weird!
That's what I was saying.
his name really matches him.

I cant stand this kind of bs.
The airport might become the biggest airport in the world but in the first stage it will only have a capacity of 90 Million PAX and if needed it will be expanded. In meanwhile the other Airport Sabiha Gökce will be expanded to 70 Million PAX and the old Atatürk Airport will still take care off logistics.

As you can see its highly unlikely that it will become the biggest airport anytime soon.
Sadly true.
In the meantime, Dubai and China are also working on similar projects.

Back
Top Bottom