What's new

Greek President accuses Turkey of smuggling migrants into Europe

Lol, even after we explained the sitation, showed you visuals, showed you maps....you are repeating the same thing over and over. You sound like Iranian zealots. :)

What situation ? Are you for real ? 60 migrants tried to pass the Serb-Romanian border the other day,they were immediately spotted by heat sensors and other border monitoring equipment and arrested.That's what modern states do.It baffles the mind how hundreds of thousands if not millions can leave Turkey's shores unchecked like it's the Wild West,no matter how long the coast line is.There are drones,border police,coast guard surveillance,radars out there.The only logical explanation is that their migration is state sponsored.

What situation ? Are you for real ? 60 migrants tried to pass the Serb-Romanian border the other day,they were immediately spotted by heat sensors and other border monitoring equipment and arrested.That's what modern states do.It baffles the mind how hundreds of thousands if not millions can leave Turkey's shores unchecked like it's the Wild West,no matter how long the coast line is.There are drones,border police,coast guard surveillance,radars out there.The only logical explanation is that their migration is state sponsored.
Yeah, you caught 60.....have many passed that border unnoticed ??? Tens of thousands... you think that we don't caught them ?

Mate, you are living in your imaginary perfect EU world....the real world out there is not like the one that's formed in your mind.

Let me give you some numbers.

In 2014; 58.000 refugees apprehended
In 2015; 146.000 refugees apprehended.
Between 2010-2015; 10.000 human traffickers apprehended.

Düzensiz Göçmen Yüzde 150 Arttı 10 Bin Göçmen Kaçakçısı Yakalandı
İçişleri Bakanlığı Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü

But in your mind Turkey is doing nothing, letting all the refugees to go to Europe....It's not possible to stop the flow entirely....Let me repeat again. If it's possible, with the 3€ Billion that you are going to give to Turkey, form a Naval task force with EU navies and apprehend all the refugees in Aegean Sea.

Yeah, you caught 60.....have many passed that border unnoticed ??? Tens of thousands... you think that we don't caught them ?

Mate, you are living in your imaginary perfect EU world....the real world out there is not like the one that's formed in your mind.

Let me give you some numbers.

In 2014; 58.000 refugees apprehended
In 2015; 146.000 refugees apprehended.
Between 2010-2015; 10.000 human traffickers apprehended.

Düzensiz Göçmen Yüzde 150 Arttı 10 Bin Göçmen Kaçakçısı Yakalandı
İçişleri Bakanlığı Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü

But in your mind Turkey is doing nothing, letting all the refugees to go to Europe....It's not possible to stop the flow entirely....Let me repeat again. If it's possible, with the 3€ Billion that you are going to give to Turkey, form a Naval task force with EU navies and apprehend all the refugees in Aegean Sea.

No,impossible for tens of thousands to pass illegally,no modern state is that inept.Watch this report,it talks a little about safeguards at the frontier.

Romania has equipment to detect every small boat approaching its shores from 12 miles while millions leave Turkey undetected ?

60 Migrants Suspected of Trying to Illegally Enter Romania - ABC News

Police spokeswoman Roxana Costache said Saturday the migrants were men aged 20 to 40 and came from Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and Morocco. Border police detected the men early Saturday, using heat-sensor equipment.
-the moment they set foot in the country they were detected

You're trying to tel me that Turkey who's in a latent conflict with Greece over the Aegean doesn't monitor that areea like a hawk ?.....don't insult is...

Yep,that's exactly wht is happenning.I don't exclude Erdogan working with the Muslim Brotherhood on this planed invasion just like the Czech President said.

Last edited:
They storm Calais because the French state doesn't let them to board boats willy nilyy like Turkey does.Anyway,you're argiung in vain,there's nobody in Europe that doesn't allready know that Turkey is state sponsoring this flow.The Sultan sees it as a bargaining tool and usefull in spreading the faith.

You still don´t seem to understand the difference between the two situations. The immigrant route from France to U.K. is focused on a very small area. While all of the Turkish aegean coast is a route to Greece islands. Besides the Aegean shores have always been monitored more than the rest of the Turkish coast. Yet because some islands are a stone throw away you will never be able to completely stop the immigrants it´s as simple as that.

Second point is İ don´t give a damn what Europeans think.

You´re right on one point. İ am indeed arguing in vain, because İ am arguing with you.

Besides the Aegean shores have always been monitored more than the rest of the Turkish coast. Yet because some islands are a stone throw away you will never be able to completely stop the immigrants it´s as simple as that.

Yes,60.000/year may slip away but not over 1 million,lol.

Don't care what you think,just don't complain when this pariah nation behaviour will backfire on Turkey in the end,which it will.

You still don´t seem to understand the difference between the two situations. The immigrant route from France to U.K. is focused on a very small area. While all of the Turkish aegean coast is a route to Greece islands. Besides the Aegean shores have always been monitored more than the rest of the Turkish coast. Yet because some islands are a stone throw away you will never be able to completely stop the immigrants it´s as simple as that.

You´re right on one point. İ am indeed arguing in vain, because İ am arguing with you.

This guy probably hate Turks so dont even try to argue with him..

Again i don't care if we can't catch them or not my only hope is that all of these refugees go to Europe :)
Hell we should even help them reach European countries.
They messed with Middle East and they should also pay the price.

Turkey has dirtier hands in Syria than all of Europe combined but the fire will reach you soon,it allready began.
I wouldn't be to sure about that. Every nation on this god damn earth has 'dirty hands', but for you to suggest X is worse than Y is just not right.

Regarding the topic, you have tried to compare channel to the Turkish Coast where people, quite literally, have a direct line of sight of many Greek island; this attempt proved to be futile, as it is ludicrous comparing the two.

Then you compared it to the Romanian Serbia border, yet again showing that you have not understood the full picture. You are comparing a land border crossing where officials know the common routes, to whole Aegean coast! And it not as if the Turkish officials are doing absolutely nothing about it, as shown by the statistics @Sinan provided.

I'm also not saying that Turkey is doing its full capacity. I'm sure there are more precautions to take, but saying that the migrant flow is state sponsored and nothing is being done, is unfair.

Last edited:
Like i said in another thread......it's not realistic to expect Turkey to give this problem the attention it requires to be solved, while a civil war seems to be brewing in SE Turkey and Erdogan is playing for caliph spot in Syria. On top of the difficulties in controlling such a type of coast.

However there's another aspect to this, Greeks were threatening to unleash the refugees if they wouldn't have gotten tgheir way in negotiations sorrounding the "resolve" of their crisis. They fared quite badly at the end....

TL;DR: both could do better, with added notion Turkey's limited success could be attributed to external factors (but not unavoidable ext. factors), while Greek is just knee jerk reaction to EU fed up in paying for them.

In light of this, there is talk of a second "barrier" on Macedonian-Greek border where those who passed Turkish-Greek border would be stopped.

In any case, on Slovenian-Croatian border:

ograja_tlombar.jpg

with expectation that Austria will in the next days suspend Schengen agreement which will lead to cascade effect of closing the border all the way down to Macedonia...here you can see the attempts of "saving" German government, Austria and Slovenia and further down the Balkan route countries debate about closures while Merkel procrastinates because she is too afraid to admit defeat.

Back
Top Bottom