What's new

GSAT-5P launch fails, satellite vehicle explodes mid-air

the successful rate(less than 30%) is far too low for rocket launch which normally incurs multi-million dollars lose if it fails.

That is true...however the GSLV is still being developed.It is not ready yet. It will get there eventually.

The PSLV has been launching satellites for the last 17 years with I think one failure in 16 or 17 launches.

i really feel sad
better luck next time

Thanks mate..

But i muj say though. Next time it won't be luck.. Luck itself won't be given a chance to come to play... It will be more sweat and work of our engineers that will come to picture the next time you see another GSLV rise to the depth of the vast sky over the indian ocean..

The road to success is certainly paved with failure, but maybe the success rate is indicative of more stringent pre-tests before actual flight?

India has the technical knowhow to get it right, only time is needed.

That said there is a political cost to failure which could potentially not give India the time it needs.

This is of course from my own American perspective and how such a success rate would harm NASA. I don't know how the Indian government or Indians in general view their space agency.

PSLV launching Chandrayaan to the Moon....

PSLV-C11%20LiftOff.jpg

@Kinetic.. As a senior member you should know that you should not feed the troll and should not post your past success stories in a failure thread.

Better luck next time....

Just wondering how much did the launch cost???

Any more troll posts and you are history.

Any reply to a troll post with a troll post and the same treatment.

So watch out your next steps, take the sarcasm to some other forum, not here.

Same advice for Indians and Pakistanis.

Don't complain later.

Do you think that it was a sudden change in mass that led the rocket astray? Or do you think it was an internal issue?

It's interesting that something broke-off moments before the destruction. Maybe the sudden delta m resulted in a massive delta a for a short period of time (since thrust cannot match a sudden change in mass due to momentum).

I'm not so sure the destruct-command was sent. There seems to be too little time between the breaking-off and the explosion for the command to be sent. Maybe the self-destruct talk is an attempt to save face.

Just speculating.

Naushad bhai

The cost of Saturday’s failed mission (including both the launch vehicle and the satellite) was Rs 325 crore.

NASA, Arianne or any other major satellite launch service provider charge more than double that for a similar launch.

source:
GSLV mission fails, rocket explodes - Hindustan Times
235 C is still a big amount. But look at the bright side its good there were no astronauts in it. Because a life is priceless.

235 C is still a big amount. But look at the bright side its good there were no astronauts in it. Because a life is priceless.

Yup but the interesting fact is that if it was successful it would have cost half of what Frenchmen and Americans charge us.. so its important to continue the tests.. cause its beneficial in long run and satellite launching is a 20 billion business world wide..

We have no problems with PSLV.. but GSLV technology is still in a mess.. hope it gets better someday or even in next test.

You could learn more from this failure. Good luck nexe time.

' Sometimes some people laugh at your failures, but then they are not actually laughing at you but actually charging you up to start again and shut their mouths next time and at that time its your turn to laugh at them .That time the laughers find lame reasons to undermine your success, this charges you more and you rare to perform better and shut their mouths forever' so guys let the trolls laugh and ignore them.

And, do you have any idea about what the pic used as your icon is?
This is one of the most famous pic of WARII, the flag should be american flag:usflag:. Stop ps and using it, that is a dishonor to those heros.

Do you think that it was a sudden change in mass that led the rocket astray? Or do you think it was an internal issue?

It's interesting that something broke-off moments before the destruction. Maybe the sudden delta m resulted in a massive delta a for a short period of time (since thrust cannot match a sudden change in mass due to momentum).

I'm not so sure the destruct-command was sent. There seems to be too little time between the breaking-off and the explosion for the command to be sent. Maybe the self-destruct talk is an attempt to save face.

Just speculating.
Rocket science is something which deals with seconds, losing control of the launch vehicle even for few seconds is a major issue . Hence a quick decesion to abort was called. But ur speculation is valid I would say....

Just speculating.

What's there to save face in issuing a self -destruct command?

When a rocket goes out of control, there is risk there it may fall on civilian areas, if the rocket gets destroyed on its own in mid-air well and good, if it starts falling down with with tonnes and tonnes of fuel still on board, then its asked to self destruct.

Whats "Face-saving" over here?

Back
Top Bottom