What's new

Guns in US are like religion

No! No!!

According to their logic, this time kindergarten kids will have to carry M-16s to defend themselves.

Ak-47s for everyone! :yahoo:

In Israel,

israeli+teacher+carrying+rifle.jpg

In Israel,

israeli+teacher+carrying+rifle.jpg

It works in Israel because everyone has to serve at some point.

U.S society is a hate filled, violent, hedonistic and overweight melting pot. Add a lot of guns, a sprinkle of self entitlement and a large dash of racism and viola! The land of the free...

Honestly Apebane, you sound like you'd fit right into your caricature... You obviously have the hate part down along with a large probability of racism based on ignorance and self-entitlement. All that's left is to determine whether you are meek in person or as violent as your words are online.

It works in Israel because everyone has to serve at some point.

That is a good point. Probably why it works in Switzerland as well which has near 100% gun prevalency.

The Idea of the people being armed is two fold. The 2nd Amendment says.

" A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The first part deal with states being in control of the militia ( state guard) which all males of a certain age are part of... Not a Federal controlled army which could be used to enslave the people. Like what happen before the American Revolution. British Troops using force as a way to subject the people to his will. So, the states would and could remain sovereign.

The rest is about self defense... The founders wanted the people to be "trained" in the proper use of weapons for their defense and that of the state and nation... In simple terms like the Swiss have done... Not a standing army as we have now in the US.

The right is based on rights given by God.... That of self defense...

I have been part of the militia since the 1990's here in the US...

And now they have allowed teachers to carry guns to schools.

so it means now students will be caught in cross fire between teachers and haywire student/s?
So it would be better if the haywire student can just shoot the defenceless without fear of being shot by an armed teacher?

U.S society is a hate filled, violent, hedonistic and overweight melting pot. Add a lot of guns, a sprinkle of self entitlement and a large dash of racism and viola! The land of the free...
Which is why so many Chinese do everything possible to get here...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/23/us/23smuggle.html?_r=0

U.S. and the World - Border Patrol Dealing with Increased Illegal Immigrants from China - AllGov - News

Chinese Immigrants Chase Opportunity in America : NPR

Just a few of dozens of such reports and stories. That's why they come to the USA; to be harshly discriminated against and die from senseless gun violence. :D

That is a good point. Probably why it works in Switzerland as well which has near 100% gun prevalency.
I think that is part of it but it mostly works in those countries, because compared to the USA, they are very small in population, very unified in either religion, culture, etc., and with far more police presence per capita than the USA. America by contrast, is a vast country with huge cities containing millions upon millions of people of every possible background. We are the third most populous country on earth, right behind China and India. We are multi-racial, ethnic, religious, economic, and social and ALL are fiercely independent and assertive about their individual rights. All that being said, we still have a lower crime rate than many countries with draconian gun control laws. As well as rates lower than Russia's, Indonesia's, Pakistan's, Argentina's, Belarus’s, Estonia's, etc.

I think that is part of it but it mostly works in those countries, because compared to the USA, they are very small in population, very unified in either religion, culture, etc., and with far more police presence per capita than the USA. America by contrast, is a vast country with huge cities containing millions upon millions of people of every possible background. We are the third most populous country on earth, right behind China and India. We are multi-racial, ethnic, religious, economic, and social and ALL are fiercely independent and assertive about their individual rights. All that being said, we still have a lower crime rate than many countries with draconian gun control laws. As well as rates lower than Russia's, Indonesia's, Pakistan's, Argentina's, Belarus’s, Estonia's, etc.

i defer, guns could be said to be a good deterrent for self defense, but it has recently become a cause of violence. Again a 9mm is enough for self defence. Shot guns and automatics should be completely banned.

i defer, guns could be said to be a good deterrent for self defense, but it has recently become a cause of violence. Again a 9mm is enough for self defence. Shot guns and automatics should be completely banned.
That cannot be done in America without scrapping the constitution that has governed us for two and a quarter centuries. There would literally be an armed revolt of the people, if anyone tried to scrap it. Another American revolution and then the blood would flow.

I actually favor the right to bear arms...... maybe it's just me.....

Just got wifey this as her belated "secondary" birthday gift! :D // cz75 sp01 shadow //

CZ_75_SP-01_SHADOW_detail-1.jpg

That cannot be done in America without scrapping the constitution that has governed us for two and a quarter centuries. There would literally be an armed revolt of the people, if anyone tried to scrap it. Another American revolution and then the blood would flow.
Those are pretty strong words, will it must be done for a safer america. It is upto the americans to decide now, we have already seen in the past few years the increasing gun violence

I actually favor the right to bear arms...... maybe it's just me.....

Just got wifey this as her birthday gift! :D // cz75 sp01 shadow //

CZ_75_SP-01_SHADOW_detail-1.jpg

The wife comes from a Civilized People who don't shoot other people but instead sue them ! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom