What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

^^ man that looks weird, at first I thought it was for refueling. It seems the works is going well with the LCH hopefully we will see it in service early next year.

Purely a sensors for flight trails to gather extra/more accurate information to be transmitted to the ground/downloaded post-flight.

that weired looking rod in front is the air refuling probe, not any senser.

@wiered looking rod: this is sensors which exist on prototypes. you Google f22 or pak-fa, you can see similar rods. they will not there in production models.

@ dirty yellow color: it is primer, commonly used in fighter planes. above this primer original color is done. testing is done with primer to see structural flaws.

lchpreflight2.jpg

lchpreflight.jpg

LCH TD-2 modified for further testing.

Changes:

ai1hm.jpg

The new stubwings seems to be strong enough for 6 to 8 ATGMs each.

It is a sensor to measure airspeed. It sticks out well beyond the dirty air (air from the rotors) and measures the airspeed accurately.
--Courtesy Hari Nair

Have you ever seen an A2A refuelling probe? it looks NOTHING like this. It is an extra sensor fitted during flight tests to gather mora accurate data. This is common in any flight test programmes:

24739b.jpg

S-76D-600x269.jpg

What is the change on the wings? More swept back and stronger armament boom?

What is the change on the wings? More swept back and stronger armament boom?

Could be a number of things from strengthening, slight modifications in design to encourage airflow one way or another or to reduce drag (I heard was an issue initially).

Lots of changes. Specially the armament boom has been changed completely. The landing gear also different.

I want LCH to be able to carry 8 x ATGMs as standard config...we need the
19-tube unguided rocket launch pods as well.

I think we would get the 19-tube ones with the Apaches we'll be buying...our guys
could perhaps copy/reverse-engineer them to produce our own such pod.:tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom