What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

'Flying Daggers' Tejas 4 ship take-off

EbpKyyfUwAEYosq

I think the Derbies are going to be majorly outclassed. Makes no sense to spend money on a gun and then realize your ammo is no useless.

I think the Derbies are going to be majorly outclassed. Makes no sense to spend money on a gun and then realize your ammo is no useless.

These Derby BVRAAMs were ex-Indian Navy stock. They were purchased for the Sea Harrier LUSH upgrade. Once the Sea Harriers were retired, the Derby missiles were transferred over to the IAF.

The plan is to go for the I-Derby ER missiles that have a 100+ km range. They retain the same form and factor as the original Derby, but are dual pulse BVRAAMs. So no new integration or major qualification and testing trials will be required. As long as the Derby is integrated with the platform and it's radar and computers, the I-Derby ER will work just fine.

The other BVRAAM that will arm the Tejas Mk1 and Mk1A is the Astra.

One more key Technology added to our kitty through the LCA Tejas program. Flight Control actuators which till now were being imported from Moog will now be replaced by Godrej aerospace's actuators.
IMG_20200709_071550.jpg

Why the R-73 carried by Tejas have black fins?
Could be a training round or a dummy. This colour scheme is often seen on displayed missiles and during airframe testing.

I'm aware that R73 training rounds generally look different from this.

Could be a training round or a dummy. This colour scheme is often seen on displayed missiles and during airframe testing.

I'm aware that R73 training rounds generally look different from this.

Yes could be but I have seen this missile type with IAF Tejas only since early prototypes.
Haven't seen it with any other Russian account in IAF, the blacked fins missile.

Yes could be but I have seen this missile type with IAF Tejas only since early prototypes.
Haven't seen it with any other Russian account in IAF, the blacked fins missile.
Training rounds

Back
Top Bottom