What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

Nice display video. The aircraft seems to handle well. However one thing that caught my eye is that the top of the pilot's helmet seems to be higher than the top most part of the ejection seat, which would of course result in fatal injuries in case of an ejection. Is this right or maybe part of an optical illusion? Are there other pictures of that show this more clearly?

View attachment 551755
I am wondering if they have fixed the issue with the ejection seat that meant people with too large feet couldn't use the ejection system.

I am wondering if they have fixed the issue with the ejection seat that meant people with too large feet couldn't use the ejection system.

Didn't we ground the testing for 6 months until it was rectified ?

Are there other pictures of that show this more clearly?
SWnIbBG.jpg

I have to say, the general build quality of the Tejas is very poor. Quite suprised, given how much experience that HAL has. I wonder how long the airframes will last relative to its paper specification of flying hours?

It is an ugly looking mongrel for sure!!

You've to specify if you're looking at prototypes or LSP or SP.

I guess some will simply remain forever oblivious to aircraft development.

Frankly apart from speaking as a pakistani tejas is only good for Circus called airshows

Reason why ISRAEL US and FRANCE keep draging its development too keep milking indian cow for as long as tejas iRand D alive

Frankly apart from speaking as a pakistani tejas is only good for Circus called airshows

Reason why ISRAEL US and FRANCE keep draging its development too keep milking indian cow for as long as tejas iRand D alive
But it misses it's counter JF-17 very badly in the air shows. That too when JF 17 is showing its prowess all around the world but mysteriously it doesnt turn up where Tejas is flying. I heard Pakistan had to pay hefty amount at Bahrain for not participating even after confirmation.

The wing shape looks weird and ugly. India should have just copied the mirage 2000.

If IAF is serious theh should not do this BS gain and sign for gripen

It was considered, a process was started, and then it was discarded.

The choice was between getting Gripen MII by 2025 followed by Rafale MII after 2030 in two separate tender processes, or get both Rafale and MWF by 2025 because only 1 tender is necessary. The choice became quite obvious.

Not to mention, the MWF avionics configuration is superior to the Gripen E. GaN radar, dual channel IRST etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom