What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

But how they read higher technology books and articles. All those books in English, so means they cannot read or understand them.so they cannot learn good.
Russians, Europeans, Chinese and Japanese have translated all higher study books in there language. So cannot compare.
Also want to say that I am not lieing, chief say that mwf will be flying in 2021 end or 2022 beginning.
Please listen after 1:30 in this video of drdo.
I hope they do it in time this time and not late like always.

Also I do not know anything about this technologies, so I can make mistake in understanding. So asking.

I saw that video when it first came out during Aero India 2019. And that timeline has changed, with the first prototype metal cutting to begin in early 2021.

Let me give you an example to make you understand why one doesn't need to be extremely fluent in English to be an Engineer. I was in Engineering college and lots of boys and girls that went to the local vernacular schools were also coming in for engineering BE course. They had given their 12th board exams in the vernacular language but knew most of the English words for scientific terms. But they struggled the first year with having to grasp engineering fundamentals in English since they were not at all used to studying in English. By the second year they were improving and third year onwards, they were all almost on par.

Because they're not reading Literature- they're learning Science and Engineering, which requires more of a grasp of those terms. Advanced engineering books don't have poetry or literature in them to make it hard. One needs to have the fundamentals of engineering and science to be able to grasp those; the English is pretty basic otherwise. If you open an Advanced engineering book, it will be filled with theory and examples, all of which a MA graduate won't understand head or tail of, but an Engineering graduate in that field may even if his English isn't great.

Some of the brightest guys in my college group are from those vernacular schools. Even to date their English isn't the best, but only an idiot would think that they're not good in their fields.

You are calling me bad name many times. But I keep respectful.
First you say I lieing, then when I show you video, you saying date changed. Look ada chief say that in video.i believe him or you.
Then you say I am stupid, I may not understand engineering. But I understand that all higher study books have explanations and person with bad English cannot learn good. Maybe that is reason behind there bad performance in tejas.
Then you make fun because I am studying MA. Ok I am not intelligent.
Yes you are very intelligent, working in aerospace.
But why go USA, if so intelligent. Why not come here and work.

I just download pdf book-fundamentals of aerospace engineering, manuel soler.
And after seeing it. More than 50percent is literature only explanation. Now who is lier.
Anyone want to know please download it, it is free.

https://www.e-booksdirectory.com/details.php?ebook=11098

I saw that video when it first came out during Aero India 2019. And that timeline has changed, with the first prototype metal cutting to begin in early 2021.

Let me give you an example to make you understand why one doesn't need to be extremely fluent in English to be an Engineer. I was in Engineering college and lots of boys and girls that went to the local vernacular schools were also coming in for engineering BE course. They had given their 12th board exams in the vernacular language but knew most of the English words for scientific terms. But they struggled the first year with having to grasp engineering fundamentals in English since they were not at all used to studying in English. By the second year they were improving and third year onwards, they were all almost on par.

Because they're not reading Literature- they're learning Science and Engineering, which requires more of a grasp of those terms. Advanced engineering books don't have poetry or literature in them to make it hard. One needs to have the fundamentals of engineering and science to be able to grasp those; the English is pretty basic otherwise. If you open an Advanced engineering book, it will be filled with theory and examples, all of which a MA graduate won't understand head or tail of, but an Engineering graduate in that field may even if his English isn't great.

Some of the brightest guys in my college group are from those vernacular schools. Even to date their English isn't the best, but only an idiot would think that they're not good in their fields.
Hi!
Dont waste your time explaining it to people who lack the ability to grasp technical stuff. The other guy you've been explaining to, I hate to say, is downright . I mean he clearly DOES NOT understand and it is plain foolishness to waste your time and efforts on someone who does not understand a thing yet have "opinions".

Also, I beg to differ a bit, one may not require fluency in English to understand basic concepts etc. However in order to absorb research papers and produce one, you are expected to have decent English language skills. It is this culture of publishing papers in top notch Journals that is vital to the organic growth of aerospace research in this country.

I was in Engineering college and lots of boys and girls that went to the local vernacular schools were also coming in for engineering BE course. They had given their 12th board exams in the vernacular language but knew most of the English words for scientific terms. But they struggled the first year with having to grasp engineering fundamentals in English since they were not at all used to studying in English. By the second year they were improving and third year onwards, they were all almost on par.
Very well said, this is true not only for engineering but also in other professions like medical science and other applied sciences vocations. Only a working knowledge of English is required and most vernacular medium students catch up with their English medium peers within the first two years or so, and many of them ace their exams with better marks and end up with more lucrative jobs than their angrezi medium buddies.

Ki koi ase dada. Apuni sauk sun pdf book khn. Ihote bhl ke abc kbou nejane, mane mur nisina obosta. Ihote ki hisapot bhl kitap pohibo.aru xosa kotha kbo kejonok nu dekhise se apuni amar gawor axomiya medium school pora enekua kiba dangor kaam kora aru tar pisot enekua botola ingraji kua. Hoi manisu kisumane pohibo pare kintu kbo taan pai, kintu video tut thaka kejn tenekua jn loga nai.

Also want to say this is discussion forum, so we only respectfully discussing. I already say that I don't understand many things here. But just because I don't understand engineering, it not mean someone can become good engineer with bad English.
Also we Indian, if people who don't know anything can vote and make king from opinion then what problem if have opinion on this subject.

Also thank you amardeep misra. I also don't think Making fighter is basic. It hi tech.

Ki koi ase dada. Apuni sauk sun pdf book khn. Ihote bhl ke abc kbou nejane, mane mur nisina obosta. Ihote ki hisapot bhl kitap pohibo.

Also want to say this is discussion forum, so we only respectfully discussing. I already say that I don't understand many things here. But just because I don't understand engineering, it not mean someone can become good engineer with bad English.
Also we Indian, if people who don't know anything can vote and make king from opinion then what problem if have opinion on this subject.
Bhaiti, prothomote tumak aru PDF t thoka xokolu oxomia raiz k bohag bihu aru axomiya noboborxho r antorik huvessa jasilu.

Having said that, i haven't gone through the discussion between you and the poster you were responding to and i am not taking sides here.

But i agree with his assertion that some vernacular medium students initially may have troubles in their professional courses but they make up pretty quickly and quite a fewoff them in fact outdo the English medium students . Have first hand experience of countless examples of young kids in my profession over some years now.

Bhaiti, prothomote tumak aru PDF t thoka xokolu oxomia raiz k bohag bihu aru axomiya noboborxho r antorik huvessa jasilu.

Having said that, i haven't gone through the discussion between you and the poster you were responding to and i am not taking sides here.

But i agree with his assertion that some vernacular medium students initially may have troubles in their professional courses but they make up pretty quickly and quite a fewoff them in fact outdo the English medium students . Have first hand experience of countless examples of young kids in my profession over some years now.
Happy rongali bi hu dada. Apunaleu mur antorik xuvessa thakil.
I am not asking to take sides. I just asking you to tell your opinion. See the video and please tell me how will they learn latest development articles. I actually think they can never read it.

I think you guys are discussing on wrong topic. When it comes to science you don't need fluent English speaking but 1 needs to know the scientific terminology. Cause same words/ principles are used again and again.
Actually its not the English part that troubles the most guys who quit in the end. It's the Mathematics and Laws of aerodynamics which makes them to run away.
Guys who understand the principles can easily understand the problem just by looking at the equations or diagrams instead of reading lengthy papers. Ofcourse they do read them as well by taking help of dictionary.
My dad used to do that when he was doing his MSc . He came from a village school.

Remember this it's not an air battle. When you are writing papers or reading someone's research you take your time. And if a research is really good scientist spend even 1-2 weeks easily on it and try to find ways to use it in their work for problem solving.

Sorry people if I make mistakes in understanding. But I thought it was general rule that to learn advance technology good English is required in india because all books in English. Maybe I am wrong.

Happy rongali bi hu dada. Apunaleu mur antorik xuvessa thakil.
I am not asking to take sides. I just asking you to tell your opinion. See the video and please tell me how will they learn latest development articles. I actually think they can never read it.
My honest opinion would be that even the most well versed English literature student may struggle to grasp the meaning of certain terminologies used in professional courses, and vice versa when an engineering or a medical graduate would scratch his head deciphering the Miltonic sonnet. Horses for courses, you see, unless one has a keen interest in both. Some of the words used in certain professions aren't English to start with atleast the spoken kind, expecting a layman to understand Latin or old Greek terms without seeking assistance would be a bit of a stretch.

Then there is the question of understanding the basic principles/concepts as others have mentioned.

Sorry people if I make mistakes in understanding. But I thought it was general rule that to learn advance technology good English is required in india because all books in English. Maybe I am wrong.
You're half right. To learn advance science you need ok-ok English but brilliant mind.
You need to understand diff between between
no English knowledge- some English knowledge

If you have some English ability and can use dictionary than all you need is good imagination and brilliant mind.

Just do a research how many govt school students pass ips and ias exams as compared to English school students you would be surprised.
I'm not generalizing but people who are good at English r generally not very good. Cause they never have to prove themselves at every corner.
English speaker usually dominated others easily in meeting. I have seen this happening many times. So he gets away with mediocre performance as well.
But ofcourse at highest level it doesn't work. But to reach threat level a non English speaker has to work very hard.
So next time you meet a scientist whose English is bad give him extra respect, cause he's working extra and has something special in him to reach that spot.

Thank you for making me understand.
Also want to say I only want tejas fighter to be ready and made quickly.

You are calling me bad name many times. But I keep respectful.
First you say I lieing, then when I show you video, you saying date changed. Look ada chief say that in video.i believe him or you.

That video is from Aero India 2019, where Dr Deodhare said metal cutting was to start in Feb 2020. In Def Expo 2020, it was made clear that metal cutting will start in February 2021, not February 2020. It's not a question of lying, but being informed of the latest facts, which you are not.

I for one, found diploma holders who start in second year of engineering more adept at technical stuffs than us. But people kinda.look down on them. I don't know why. But as you said, they struggled in trying to get to understand English and particularly M3. In third year they aced us in most tech knowledge. Grades are a different thing. Top nine pointer girl in my class couldn't differentiate btw voltage and current.

Thank you.
Also wanted to know, why it taking so long.
We making fighters from long ago.
In tejas also, many important parts like engine, radar, electronic suite, misiles are imported. They only assembling it to our own airframe.
Similar thing we been doing for so long with migs and sukhois. If our agencies did not learn anything from all that experience about making indigenous fighter, how can we be sure that they will learn anything here.we paid more money to make sukhois in India, from Russia directly it costs less.
Mwf will have great weight carrying capacity but again engine not powerful.
I think if we don't change our agencies, we will be in same position after 10 years.

Change the country - India - then you have a decent chance of doing ok.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom