What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

They just ditch that MRFA program and just go all in with the Rafale. The french will undoubtedly try to fleece things but the long term gains of uniformity and ToT will make it a win.
Personally, I believe that just order another 36 Rafale fighter.

And more focus on HAL Tejas mk2 to induct as early as possible... Max 2028..

They just ditch that MRFA program and just go all in with the Rafale. The french will undoubtedly try to fleece things but the long term gains of uniformity and ToT will make it a win.

The only reason that i can think of why govt isn't ordering more Rafales and continuing with MRFA nonsense is they are waiting for F4 standard Rafales to be ready as inducting more F3R variants and later on upgrading them to F4 standards would increase the overall life cycle cost of the already expensive jets. In the meantime keep the competition open if Boeing, Eurofighter, LM etc do offer us a very lucrative deal that can justify adding one more different platform to the fleet then might go for them.

I.can see defo rafales coming but only 36 to 54 with mark.2 Tejas being priority post 2030.

I.think.a token.rafale order will happen.in.2024 to.2025

When 36 Rafales were ordered the CAPEX spending limit for imports were 42%. That's been first reduced to 32% and currently stands at 25% and a pledge of cutting it down to 20% by 2025.

The issue is people who don't know about how a fighter jet is different from an A320 vote. And media in India is a bit too much free and the people signing off things in government services have their pensions hanging in a balance for any possible wrong move.

The only reason that i can think of why govt isn't ordering more Rafales and continuing with MRFA nonsense is they are waiting for F4 standard Rafales to be ready as inducting more F3R variants and later on upgrading them to F4 standards would increase the overall life cycle cost of the already expensive jets. In the meantime keep the competition open if Boeing, Eurofighter, LM etc do offer us a very lucrative deal that can justify adding one more different platform to the fleet then might go for them.

If the deal is signed today evening, the 1st Rafale will roll out of an Indian assembly line in 2027.

We can be pretty sure that Rafale will be F4 by 2027.

Personally, I believe that just order another 36 Rafale fighter.

And more focus on HAL Tejas mk2 to induct as early as possible... Max 2028..
Focus on Mk2 and AMCA.

And see how Navy does with TEDBF.

Last edited:

Also confirmed with the person that took the video that this LA-5021 is indeed a Tejas Mk1A prototype!

From Grp Cpt HVT, Tejas EVTS (Embedded Virtual Training System)

FqflUbxaAAEAFWt

Also confirmed with the person that took the video that this LA-5021 is indeed a Tejas Mk1A prototype!

From Grp Cpt HVT, Tejas EVTS (Embedded Virtual Training System)

FqflUbxaAAEAFWt

no - i that is the ORCA Trainer demonstrator - just look at the large MFD at the back ...

no - i that is the ORCA Trainer demonstrator - just look at the large MFD at the back ...

ORCA stood for 'Omni Role Combat Aircraft' and was meant to be a HAL twin engine fighter derivative of the TEDBF.

I think what you meant was the LCA SpORT (Supersonic OmniRole Trainer) that was shown earlier. It is that cockpit set up, and it was a part of the Embedded Virtual Training System being set up by HAL as part of the LCA SpORT project.

First pic from Exercise Desert Flag VIII. Unfortunately the UAE put a blanket ban on images from the exercise being released. Only these and a few others have emerged.

Tejas Mk1 with Mirage-2000-9 and F-16 Blk 60 of the UAEAF, Typhoon of the Spanish AF, French AF Rafale and USAF F-15E
FrgWkstXwAIaE-q

Some more with RoKAF personnel

FrZYaN8XoAA-sHh

FrZYbChXoAAbj8C

FrZYbxnXoAE3Onb

The IAF contingent at Al Dhafra

Fra1I0qWwAMyVID

Fra1JCkX0AE_3AF

Fra1JPwWcAAQeTG

I had been searching for some photos of these, looks great.
Tejas first International outing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom