What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions-[Thread 2]

At least 100 year old video

Tejas is a century behind modern day technology

Perhaps they can import TOT from Prussia or Austria-Hungary

20543648_1484145938346516_7594126072491570325_o.jpg

it is called reality check. How many radomes HAL made?
I don't expect such trolls from admin team.

I have a question, how many radomes PAC made?

Anyways, there is a good news that Kaveri GTX is in final stage of hiccups settling.
Now, they are building 4 test Prototypes. One out of four will be tested by SAFRAN at France's facility whereas other three will be tested in India.
It will be a good news for LCA MK-2 and AMCA. And may be Mk1A too

Indian components plz.

Our own cockpit, our very own Fly by wire control system(code was written from scratch), Design, composites for aircraft structures, Integration of various avionics, Astra BVR missile.

Trust me even if one gets all avionics, components it's damn tough to integrate and even more tough to test it. I design testers for high density PCB boards and designing testers and integration is no easy task. For fighters its even tough.

Radar, HMD, EW suite, Infuelling probe, Ejection seat, Engine are the main foreign components. If that's the case even SAAB Gripen is not indigeneous. I dont want it to compare it to JF17, but if you guys can call it indigenous then Tejas more than enough fits the bill as we designed, integrated and tested the aircraft.

Going onto the future our own radar is ready. EW suite and Pod are getting tested. Barring the Engine, HMD, Ejection seat they will be replaced with local components in future. Tejas can never be 100% indigenous. 70% is good for us.

Our own cockpit, our very own Fly by wire control system(code was written from scratch), Design, composites for aircraft structures, Integration of various avionics, Astra BVR missile.

Trust me even if one gets all avionics, components it's damn tough to integrate and even more tough to test it. I design testers for high density PCB boards and designing testers and integration is no easy task. For fighters its even tough.

Radar, HMD, EW suite, Infuelling probe, Ejection seat, Engine are the main foreign components. If that's the case even SAAB Gripen is not indigeneous. I dont want it to compare it to JF17, but if you guys can call it indigenous then Tejas more than enough fits the bill as we designed, integrated and tested the aircraft.

Going onto the future our own radar is ready. EW suite and Pod are getting tested. Barring the Engine, HMD, Ejection seat they will be replaced with local components in future. Tejas can never be 100% indigenous. 70% is good for us.
Since you guys can't have a good sleep without dragging jf-17 or Alkhalid into every discussion, read this.
what does "jf" in jf-17 stands for? Its very name tells the story. but i believe it is too difficult to get that in your head.
As for gripen, Swedes have been developing their own fighters since 60s. Theyve pioneered techs like datalink and netcentric warfare. The Saab PS series radars are the beating heart of gripen.

Now, where does your aviation industry stand?

Last edited:
Designed by Dassault