What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude,

The project is running for 24 years already and has cost you over $5 billions. I'm not sure if its wise to continue the development.

Where did you get that figure from?

in May 1989 the program was projected by the government's review committee to cost Rs. 5,600 crores.....by the end of 2000, the total Phase 1 cost had risen to about Rs. 3,000 crores....When FSED Phase 2 was launched in November 2001, it was authorised under a budget of Rs. 3,302 crores (about US $704 million)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas

that is around 1.3 -1.5 billion. A 4 gen FBW,with composite structure,advanced avonics and ecm fighter, with possibly Indian radar(on the way) and a industry to support it... I would say it is worth it. We had to start someday.

Where did you get that figure from?
From some subject related thread in WAB, figs came from Indian members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas

that is around 1.3 -1.5 billion. A 4 gen FBW,with composite structure,advanced avonics and ecm fighter, with possibly Indian radar(on the way) and a industry to support it... I would say it is worth it. We had to start someday.
%1.5 billion in 23 years or average $65,2 million a year, thats quite low considering the fact a lot of foreign expertise and consultancy is involved don't you think?
I don't take wikipedia seriously, its publically amendable

Hey Has anyone got a picture of the LCA with it's weapons loaded? I have been reading some interesting stuff in regards to it's maneuverability with weapons loaded on its wings.

Also What are the roles it is slated for?

From some subject related thread in WAB, figs came from Indian members.

%1.5 billion in 23 years or average $65,2 million a year, thats quite low considering the fact a lot of foreign expertise and consultancy is involved don't you think?
I don't take wikipedia seriously, its publically amendable

Neo, 5 billion dollar is almost around 7-8 years of DRDO's complete budget. DRDO still does not receive even 1 billion dollar annual budget. Do you think it will spend 5 billion on a single project? It definitely wont.
By the way the details on the wiki are backed by sources,right towards the end of the page.

There were some percentage of consultancy budget,but never a high degree. DRDO can never get it's budget sanctioned if expensive consultancy was invovlved.

No, How else are we to develop aj indegenous industry? You have NO IDEA how much India gained,building LCA , its spinoff's have been used EVERYWHERE. India i believe upgraded one of its old planes on its own without help or buying an upgradation package from the OEM. India made FBW on its OWN. It gave India ablity to manufacture composites, etc, etc. These are things you dont gain in a JV. Having a JV does not mean you built the plane.

When we started this, India had NO industrial capability for anything of such a scale. Now we have, it must not be allowed to goto waste. The experience gained must not be left.

India has to go it alone, taking inputs along the way and help when a critical roadblock is hit. That is it. Since we have already done that. And on the paper LCA has fabulous specs, we should give it an honest try. Induct it in decent numbers, say 50, then work with it. That is how it will improve, there maybe block 2, the inputs may lead to creation of another plane.

BTW what we are already developing with Russia a 5th gen plane.

No One knows what india got by building the LCA ,, Even the Indians also dont know what they got in 24 years of time.. its start the prduction all of because JF17 enterd the service in just 8 years and your athourties have to answer the public its same story like Alkhalid tank and Arjun have.. a 35 years of Old project not conform so far.. (Sorry if i break some one HEART):wall:

BTW what we are already developing with Russia a 5th gen plane.

Interesting. Seems like i have been behind the updates. Any links?

No One knows what india got by building the LCA ,, Even the Indians also dont know what they got in 24 years of time.. its start the prduction all of because JF17 enterd the service in just 8 years and your athourties have to answer the public its same story like Alkhalid tank and Arjun have.. a 35 years of Old project not conform so far.. (Sorry if i break some one HEART):wall:

Then you dont know anything about LCA or JF-17. JF-17 is a medium tech fighter, metal body, etc, etc.

LCA is being made into something completely different. It plans to have 45% composites. India is doing everything herself, Jf-17 is Chinese. We got hit by sanctions, it delayed a LOT of things, etc, etc. India like i have said gained a LOT by building LCA. You wont understand.

It is already 90% composites by surface area not total weight.
check the National geographic Video for reference. Congrats Pakistan but as much as we are concerend JF-17 aint any super-duper fighter. especially compared to the LCA,

But they still got a cheap plane to replace all their ageing planes Adux. We should not look at what JF-17 is from the perpective of MiG29/Mirages/F-16's, but from the perspective of replacing their old F-7's,MirageIII/V, etc, etc. It gives them greater defence capabilities wrt what they had earlier.

It is already 90% composites by surface area not total weight.
check the National geographic Video for reference. Congrats Pakistan but as much as we are concerend JF-17 aint any super-duper fighter. especially compared to the LCA,

I would love to hear why the LCA is as good as you think? I have looked quite a lot at it and am not that impressed. Why? composites are great but lightweight metals are better for aircraft design.
How about the problems with the tail-less delta design? Please tell me about that!
Also the tail-less delta and its fewer control surfaces (to create simpler FBW?)

I would love to hear why the LCA is as good as you think? I have looked quite a lot at it and am not that impressed. Why? composites are great but lightweight metals are better for aircraft design.

Composite are choosen bcoz they are lighter and give higher strength for their weight. That is the reason the load capacity of LCA is around 3.5 tonne,almost equal to JF-17.

Now compare the size of JF-17 to LCA.

BHPV to make components for naval combat plane
Monday April 9 2007 10:49 IST

VISAKHAPATNAM: Bharat Heavy Plates and Vessels Limited (BHPV), which had successfully developed heat exchangers for the prototype Light Combat Aircraft, is now making 13 sets of similar components for the LCA’s naval variant – Tejas.

BHPV has been assigned with the design and development of Precoolers and Full Authority Digital Electronic Controller Coolers (FADEC).

The heat exchangers will reduce the ‘engine bleed temperature’ to safe levels and cool the FADEC.

According to officials sources, BHPV is also developing oxygen concentrator for the Onboard Oxygen Generating System, which provides oxygen- rich air at all altitudes to the pilots of Tejas.

It may be recalled that the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Defence Bangalore- based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) have awarded the contract for manufacturing of series of heat exchangers for LCA the BHPV amidst stiff global competition.

A top official of the BHPV told this website’s newspaper that emphasis was being laid on developing new products which would help the company in getting more orders.

The LCA project came as boost for the BHPV which required such prestigious orders to enhance its profile at a time when speculation was intense that it (BHPV) would be taken over by BHEL.
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEA20070409002816

sorry but no offence to anyone, i keep hearing that jf-17 has inducted in paf from last five years, but this is what kind of induction of plane?, where jf-17 has still going through test flights, not even its weapon option has't finalised as yet

Whats this LAC/LCA???

Do it means "Late Air Craft" or "Least Air Craft"??

What a nice thing to do, under-estimation of your enemy.lol

LCA is a stupid aircraft, dont worry about it, or any Indian capabilities. Wait for it break up in 30 years. And you can walk in and Make the great Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom