Not open for further replies.
There got to be technical reasons behinds its delay

Technology restrictions,
Testing facilities infrastructure,
R&D into new materials
Engineering aircraft from designs
underfunded for the majority of the development
Requirements creep.

The reasons for delays is vast , citing one and pointing to it alone is not very fair.

and its design flaws are reality which you tried to cover up in your justifications.....

Every design has deficiencies that are both considered and calculated.
Calling them flaws is simply inaccurate.

though justification alone is no solution to answer the questions which your own media is asking in loud.

Most of Our media knows **** about defense news , to this day they can't get the dates right for the Tejas project start.

They compare LCH to Comanche and make mess by quoting officals out of context.

You should consider carefully what the media is saying and think about what is really happening.

Next, I don't want to start a comparison

I agree , but then...

here but i reject your claim that LCA exceeds JFT in any parameter let aside TWR.

IF this was your opinion , fine. But then you made this claim.

I think you have not seen in Farnborough fully weighed JFT took off withing 400 meters.

LCA-N will take off in under 290m.

About the same length as IAC-1 , INS vikrant.

Please refer to the picture posted in post 3246 (above)

Your new defence magazine is worng on all accounts.
I believe Teja prototype has been flying, however flying is not enough to be a fighter.
Honestly, even K8 can drop bombs and fire missiles.
Next, It is not Teja which is indigenous, it is the word itself which is indigenous and the mag proved it by taking its start from same claim.

Please, drop this MKII humiliation.... what ever new will come will have will have more resemblance to other design concepts rather than Teja.

India will never ever dare to venture into delta wing development and this is not difficult to say after knowing the reasons of its failure.

Tejas frame is heavier than the thrust of its selected engine a very basic design error but matter most.
You need to redesign Teja to a twin engine concept, a whole new design.
Teja have low angle of attack hence need canards.
It is not agile dog fighter hence needed rework in its wing design.
Teja's cockpit shown in pictures is not the same as in the flying prototypes... it means Teja design is not frozen yet. which leads to the perception that every new Teja will be slightly advance in avionics from its predecessor.

Teja production will be waste of money but will serve other objectives than fighting wars.

I don't know what to say more!

Have you contributed anything to this program atleast a PNR? to take a dig on this?.. we tax payers ourself have lot of confidence... why you are more worried than us?? can i have your legitimate response on this?

but i reject your claim that LCA exceeds JFT in any parameter let aside TWR.

That depends on what the weight really is now, if it still is 6.5t in the latest prototypes, it will be pretty equal to JFT slightly below 1, if they had reduced it, it will be better.

What rant? what bother?
check your thread it is perhaps first post by any Pakistani since last 3000 posts.
I merely pointed out the misquotation at the cover of your defence magazine!

There got to be technical reasons behinds its delay and its design flaws are reality which you tried to cover up in your justifications..... though justification alone is no solution to answer the questions which your own media is asking in loud.

Next, I don't want to start a comparison here but i reject your claim that LCA exceeds JFT in any parameter let aside TWR.
I think you have not seen in Farnborough fully weighed JFT took off withing 400 meters.

Technical reasons?...Pray tell me what are the design flaws that you noticed? And elaborate this naive guy what justifications that the media made?

If the JF 17 can do it so can LCA.

What a mess.... you people don't bother to read and take the discussion to different dimension.

First of all who quoted JFT?
it is simple question.... but i hope there will be no simple answer.
Indeed, the rant about JFT was an attempt to mislead which i rejected because i knew different facts.
Even if i was wrong on this count.... what's the big deal?
Can't you respect disagreement.... but ironically..... you can't accept agreement either... and shoot back in both cases.
i don't know if it's temperament problem or perhaps i'm reading it wrong or perhaps it is clash of cultures.

I started the whole discussion with me disagreeing to the remark about Tejas on the cover of a holy Indian defence magazine.
DSC00401-709529.JPG

remarks pulled my attention....... quite natural! you guys are over reacting.
I can't believe most of you asked me why i bother!!!!!!! and even got thanked for it :(
Sorry, your approach left no good impression on me.

going back to context:
Some well informed enthusiast, stated above that Tejas take off distance is 290 meter which i say, is very impressive. I believe that was for MKI!
Do you think MK2 will improve further in this parameter?
Any hints to the source of your information?

Last but not least... giving in to your repeated inquiries about Tejas technical flaws:
i quote from my post on previous page.
Tejas frame is heavier than the thrust of its selected engine a very basic design error but matter most.
You need to redesign Teja to a twin engine concept, a whole new design.
Teja have low angle of attack hence need canards.
It is not agile dog fighter hence needed rework in its wing design.
Teja's cockpit shown in pictures is not the same as in the flying prototypes... it means Teja design is not frozen yet. which leads to the perception that every new Teja will be slightly advance in avionics from its predecessor.

Now please, it is my opinion nothing personal.... so respond objectively.

enjoy.

Last edited:
What a mess.... you people don't bother to read and take the discussion to different dimension.

First of all who quoted JFT?
it is simple question.... but i hope there will be no simple answer.
Indeed, the rant about JFT was an attempt to mislead which i rejected because i knew different facts.
Even if i was wrong on this count.... what's the big deal?
Can't you respect disagreement.... but ironically..... you can't accept agreement either... and shoot back in both cases.
i don't know if it's temperament problem or perhaps i'm reading it wrong or perhaps it is clash of cultures.

I started the whole discussion with me disagreeing to the remark about Tejas on the cover of a holy Indian defence magazine.
DSC00401-709529.JPG

remarks pulled my attention....... quite natural! you guys are over reacting.
I can't believe most of you asked me why i bother!!!!!!! and even got thanked for it :(
Sorry, your approach left no good impression on me.

going back to context:
Some well informed enthusiast, stated above that Tejas take off distance is 290 meter which i say, is very impressive. I believe that was for MKI!
Do you think MK2 will improve further in this parameter?
Any hints to the source of your information?

Last but not least... giving in to your repeated inquiries about Tejas technical flaws:
i quote from my post on previous page.

Now please, it is my opinion nothing personal.... so respond objectively.

enjoy.

well this is available on open sources but still I tell you and you can google it

1. The GE 404 IN 20 gives a thrust of 84kn which propels the Tejas at the TWR of 1.03 but the IAF wants the thrust to be more than 1 even in full load.

2.Why would we need to redesign the LCA into a twin engine concept? It is perfect with single engine and the GE 414 will solve the problems with its 98KN thrust engines.

3. Well as everyone knows that canards increase maneuverability it also increases cost of maintainance because there are more moving parts in delta canards. LCA is an interceptor and it has a decent AoA of 22 degrees. After it was demonstrated to the IAF the IAF acepted it

4. What makes you think it is not an agile dogfighter? because it is Indian made?

5. Yes that is why the Tejas MK 2 designation. The cockpit will be advanced further with inputs from the pilots ad will be incorporated in MK 2.

The Tejas Mk1 is actually an over kill for the intended MiG 21 replacement. So the Mk II will be more potent than the existing Tejas.

I think all discussion of the LCA should stop until the plane is actually inducted into the Indian airforce. It has missed every deadline insofar so I think the discussion is becoming pointless because they are all about how the LCA will perform AFTER it is inducted.

Tejas Mk-2 will incorporate 5 gen fighter elements

BY:Vinayak shetty for www.lca-tejas.org / idrw.org

Tejas MK-1 is fast approaching its IOC which will happen in December 2010 , but ADA officials have already done their premilanary design of Tejas Mk-2 , and to avoid further delays , Two Tejas MK-2 were designed keeping in mind the dimensions provided by two Engine manufactures who were in race to provide 100 + plus engines to the Tejas Mk-2 program .

Ge’s F414IN engines were logically chosen for the Tejas Mk-2, since they had same dimensions and length of F-404 engines which were powering Tejas MK-1 .but Tejas Mk-2 as per sources will incorporate advance technology developed keeping in mind MCA over a decade has a parallel in house development now officially known has AMCA.

India currently is working on Indigenous AESA again with inputs from a international partner. Officials close to the program have told www.lca-tejas.org that major avionics will be ready for the aircraft within next two or three years, Tejas Mk-2 will have lot of key elements which will find its way into AMCA and FGFA later.

Tejas MK-2 will also have a newly laid out cockpit layout with better computing power since it also be housing new mission control computer, Samtel Display Systems (SDS) is also working on touch based Multi Function Displays (MFD) for Tejas Mk-2 , which will later find its way in AMCA too .

Tejas Mk-2 will also see structural changes in the aircraft which will be noticeable in wider wing span to carry extra weapons load along with extra fuel, aircraft will also have large air intakes to let the high thrust engine generate additional power for the aircraft, engine change for Tejas Mk-2 will result in the rear fuselage being changed too .

Commonality between Tejas Mk-1 and Tejas MK-2 will be digital Fly by Wire (FBW) Flight Control System (FCS) along with some avionics which both aircraft will share, but sources also told us that FBW Software will require some modification in them to support structural changes which Tejas MK-2 will have.

When asked about development of Tejas MK-3 sources told us that it all depends how Tejas Mk-2 develops and how IAF responds to it , further development can happen but AMCA will be logical choice if it comes out in time for IAF rather then Tejas MK-3 .

I think all discussion of the LCA should stop until the plane is actually inducted into the Indian airforce. It has missed every deadline insofar so I think the discussion is becoming pointless because they are all about how the LCA will perform AFTER it is inducted.

Ok , Tell me a few deadlines you know that were missed.

We will examine your claim that "all" deadlines have been missed.

So you mean to say.. All other Fighters met there deadline with a punch? can you name one?

WILL TEJAS MK-2 HAVE 'AESA' RADAR AND BETTER T/W RATIO THAN MK-1?
EXPERTS PLEASE COMMENT.
THANXXX.

By that yardstick, you and types like you should stop any discussion until types like you get whole knowldge of aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom