What's new

Haryana cops to drop Persian, Urdu words from FIRs

This is step backwards for India.

Oh well, all the best with 20-letter long Hindi words which no one else understands outside Hindustan.

FIRs are filed for follow up in India so you will have to think of another.

So they gonna use Punjabi words?? Haryana is Punjabi speaking .....

Haryana is Punjabi speaking ??

This is new.

Oho, nothing new. Its India's revolution in purifying itself from Invaders..
Next step.. send the Muslas to the conversion center.... if they dont comply ..gas them!

What has this got to do with invaders? No one in Haryana understands these big persian words(its not Urdu), and no persian lives in Haryana. So its better to replace these words with something which is intelligible to an average Haryanavi.

What has this got to do with invaders? No one in Haryana understands these big persian words(its not Urdu), and no persian lives in Haryana. So its better to replace these words with something which is intelligible to an average Haryanavi.

Actually these are urdu words..

Actually these are urdu words..

They are Persian loan words used in Urdu. I don't know if there are any "native" Urdu words.

Farsi was the official language during the Mughal period and as a result we see many of these Persian terms and phrases still being used in courts and police proceedings.
I would be surprised if even 1% of Indians understand the meaning of these words, not even Indian Muslims.

Next step.. send the Muslas to the conversion center.... if they dont comply ..gas them!

What it has do to with Muslims??

Persian and Hindu gave birth to Urdu.

Every state in India do project their culture and local Language.

I hope you know that nearly every state in India is rather protective of its language. Even the labeling of a certain region as the "hindi belt" doesn't denote the usage of the same language throughout the said region- language is a sensitive matter here. This has nothing to do with Islam and plenty to do with linguistic identity. There are Muslims in TN too..please try and ask them to substitute their tamil for urdu/persian and see the result..if it were me I'd probably get hammered..you..enh may not be so lucky. As I said..language is a touchy topic here.

Good, these kind of steps make the beautiful Urdu language more exclusive to Pakistan. :cheers:

Oudh, in todays UP State and regions around Delhi is the birthplace of urdu language and many Indians, especially the muslims will continue to use urdu as their mother tongue....

True. However, the intention and acting upon the will to take such steps to lessen it's presence, will undeniably decrease it's presence.

I hope you know that nearly every state in India is rather protective of its language. Even the labeling of a certain region as the "hindi belt" doesn't denote the usage of the same language throughout the said region- language is a sensitive matter here. This has nothing to do with Islam and plenty to do with linguistic identity. There are Muslims in TN too..please try and ask them to substitute their tamil for urdu/persian and see the result..if it were me I'd probably get hammered..you..enh may not be so lucky. As I said..language is a touchy topic here.

The post was sarcasm at a particular members remark.. apparently though.. it brought on more of the same kind of bias as is evident.

A few words cannot take the place of 1000 years.

There is no denying the fact that Urdu conveys more in less.

Its a wonderful language to know & understand. However one should not read too much into these moves to do away with it.

At the practical & ground level it is not spoken anymore in large areas of India ( even in Pakistan where Sindhi dominates Urdu in Sind for instance) and even though land & revenue records still have a large amount of Urdu words its time to replace them with understandable words .

In states like UP ( East ) & Punjab I think they will remain due to it being spoken or completely intertwined with the local language.

Haryanvi Hindi has no Urdu in it. Even the muslims in Haryana ( Meos ) barely speak urdu.

A few words cannot take the place of 1000 years.

Words have to do with the present & future , the 1000 questionable years deals with the past .

Which has more importance / relevance ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom