What's new

Haryana cops to drop Persian, Urdu words from FIRs

Hindi Words:
although Indians use 50% Angreiz words in Hindi. still:

Sipahi (Police) = Aarakshak
Griftaar (Arrest) = Pragrahan
Qaid Khana (Prison) = Karagar/Karagruh
Adalat (Court) = Nyayalay
thanks to hinkhoj.com btw(I'm not a hindi speaker).
India's soul or language does not depend on Persians or Central Asians. with due respect, We have 100s of languages and people really don't care about Urdu or Mughal. speaking Urdu in India is like going back to 1930s or 40s.

Oho, nothing new. Its India's revolution in purifying itself from Invaders..
Next step.. send the Muslas to the conversion center.... if they dont comply ..gas them!

thanks for insight into what u pakistanis did to ur nonmuslims

I hope you know that nearly every state in India is rather protective of its language. Even the labeling of a certain region as the "hindi belt" doesn't denote the usage of the same language throughout the said region- language is a sensitive matter here. This has nothing to do with Islam and plenty to do with linguistic identity. There are Muslims in TN too..please try and ask them to substitute their tamil for urdu/persian and see the result..if it were me I'd probably get hammered..you..enh may not be so lucky. As I said..language is a touchy topic here.

And it makes sense, language is local thing and nothing to do with religion.

And you think taking a few words from the FIRs is Indian purification revolution.

Nobody in Haryana including Muslims understands some of the stupid words used in FIR and offices so its better throw such words out to where they belong and use more understandable words.

Like I said, sarcasm is lost upon most. If it soo irks all of you.. Ill remove it.. but highlight the post the invited this remark.

Same should be done in all Hindi Heart lands of ... UP , Bihar etc...

The fact that Urdu in these states exists due to a significant Muslim Presence is what invited that sarcasm.. Hindi Heartland or not, the language was added as a state language to cater to this cultural sector.

But like I said, sarcasm is lost on reactionary dufus.

Example of some Urdu words to be replaced Haryana's police department:

Sipahi (Police) = Nafarkhlopamongogu
Griftaar (Arrest) = Shruyarimoliatiya
Qaid Khana (Prison) = Fistaraghublaghbur
Adalat (Court) = Qadimanolitarohini

Please enlighten me which language is this? I have not heard any of these words

Come Lucknow & compare lucknawi urdu with your tarnish urdu .:ashamed:

Haha. No need to feel bad.
Your own people seem to be out to rid you of that language.
I suppose they associate us too much with it. :)

There are more native Urdu speakers in India than in Pakistan.Central India is the birth place of Urdu.It will never be exclusive to Pakistan.

That is true, as I said before.

However, it will become less prevalent in India, you cannot deny that.
Hence greater exclusivity to Pakistan, and not just casual communication in Urdu, rather more advanced use of Urdu language, for example poetry.

Urdu is still alive in India. I agree, but moves like this will damage Urdu's place in India. That, you cannot deny.

That is true, as I said before.

However, it will become less prevalent in India, you cannot deny that.
Hence greater exclusivity to Pakistan, and not just casual communication in Urdu, rather more advanced use of Urdu language, for example poetry.

That's just your assumption.And a false one too.Urdu did suffered a decline after most educated Urdu speakers migrated to Pakistan.But that's not permanent.Besides languages are constantly changing,You will never know how Indian languages will be in a few hundred years.May be Indian Urdu will become very different from that of Pakistan.But it will still be Urdu.

Urdu is still alive in India. I agree, but moves like this will damage Urdu's place in India. That, you cannot deny.

Urdu is not native to Haryana,So I don't think so.

They should also stop using Urdu for the Bollywood movies and songs.

Can't do it.Go and sue us.Its our language we will do what ever we please.

That's just your assumption.And a false one too.Urdu did suffered a decline after most educated Urdu speakers migrated to Pakistan.But that's not permanent.Besides languages are constantly changing,You will never know how Indian languages will be in a few hundred years.May be Indian Urdu will become very different from that of Pakistan.But it will still be Urdu.

Urdu is not the dominant language and measures like this further reduce it prevalence, so certainly Urdu in India and Pakistan will change, but it will change far more in India due to added push like this one.

But, I think here. Let's just agree to disagree.

Urdu is not the dominant language and measures like this further reduce it prevalence, so certainly Urdu in India and Pakistan will change, but it will change far more in India due to added push like this one.

But, I think here. Let's just agree to disagree.

It all depends on how you define.If a language doesn't change with time it will become useless.I think change is not only good but also essential for every language to grow.Take the example of English in the last century alone its vocabulary doubled in size and became a true global language.No one can ever argue that is a bad thing.Same applies Urdu,It doesn't matter whether its more change or less,If it doesn't change it will become a dead language like Sanskrit or Latin.

Indians crying their a$$es of when some small news like pakistan puts tax on indian movies or bans something indian comes out hahaha
inferiority complex will never go :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom