What's new

Has Egypt acquired one of the most powerful Russian land weapons?

You can buy as much Military hardware as you want, if you can't man or maintain it properly it's useless.

Buying 6 FREMM, sure why not, but i doubt that they are able to train 1000+ sailors and maintenance workers in a couple years = inefficient and expensive in the long term.

Really potent replacement for the older T series.(Will this be a 1:1 replacement?)
Very impressive armoured force for Egypt, 1400 odd Abrams and 500 T-90MS.

And 1300+ M60A3s which undoubtedly will start being phased out and replaced by these. The idea is also to build and sell them to African countries once the local numbers are satisfied. Oh, and thank you for being the only positive post on this thread amongst all the hateful and jealous crap! :lol:
You can buy as much Military hardware as you want, if you can't man or maintain it properly it's useless.

Buying 6 FREMM, sure why not, but i doubt that they are able to train 1000+ sailors and maintenance workers in a couple years = inefficient and expensive in the long term.

Really? And why is that? Is it because of your Turkish arrogance that you can't see anyone else being capable of expanding their naval fleet and have to downgrade them like that? Without any sort of evidence whatsoever? Sounds like pure jealously to me. Oh and yeah, it's actually more than 6 but who's counting now, right? :lol:

Jealous for what? Dumb purchase only to appease other states or look good on paper? 1 FREMM has a crew of around 130 sailors (multiply with six) good luck for your Naval Academy, this is not something that's done in a short period of time.

You have my blessing to take more loans and dump it on weapons.

Jealous for what? Dumb purchase only to appease other states or look good on paper? 1 FREMM has a crew of around 130 sailors good luck for your Naval Academy, this is not something that's done in a short period of time.

You do know that they have 4 OHP, 2 Knoxx class frigates, allready manned, that will be phased out? It's not like new crews will come out of thin air

Jealous for what? Dumb purchase only to appease other states or look good on paper?

Dumb purchase? Explain why it's a dumb purchase? How many frgates does the Turkish navy have? You have 16 frigates!!! lol. Granted 8 of those are Olivar Hazerd Perry class of which the EN has a few also but the rest are modernized MEKOs between the 4 Barbaros class and the 4 Yavus class all Mekos and so you have a pretty potent and very respectable number of frigates in your navy while we have a bunch of OHP class frigates that are quite old and need to be modernized. Hence the 3 FREMMS (1 French Acquitaine class and 2 Italian Bergammini class and then the 6 Mekos) of which several of the OPC ships will retire and many of the sailors from those ships will be transferred to the new ones. What's so bad about that? Why rag on something like that when it's actually a very good strategy for modernizing in a rather quick manner because no ones wants modernization to take too long! and then you have the countless corvettes in your navy loool. What are they, 10 of them? lol. We currently have the 4 French Gowind corvettes (6 if you count the South Korean and Russian Molina Class gifted vettes) and the plan is to increase that by quite a bit more but of the Falaj class which are much smaller corvettes. And the Egyptian Naval academy is a very respectable academy that has even gone quite a bit of an overhaul itself since the navy is a huge part of the Egyptian Armed Forces. So your assesment that it's a "dumb" thing is pretty silly and sounds like something else completely since it doesn't make any sense. Any individual who has decent military exposure and understands the history of the Egyptian Navy and DOESN'T HOLD ANY resentment or bias of any kind and is completely objective would see that what the EN is doing is nothign short of remarkable and very needed.

1 FREMM has a crew of around 130 sailors good luck for your Naval Academy, this is not something that's done in a short period of time.

Like I just said, several of the Perry Class will be retire and those sailors will be shifted to those new ships and easily trained. Not to mention that there currently is a training program on board the FREMM as well as the 4 Gowinds to train the future sailors of these incoming ships. Actually it hasn't started yet, TBH, but they just announced the program will begin within a few months (mostly for the Corvettes) since the 2 new Bergaminni Class FREMMs will be trained in Italy prior to delivery. No an issue at all.

Oh so it's loans now and not GCC money that is funding all these military purchases? I'm glad you realize that because that is the truth and nothing to do with GCC money whatsoever. The one truth you've actually said, but again, why would you worry about our financial decisions? LOL! Does it really bother you that we're putting ourselves in debt to protect our country? Come on, I find that really hard to believe! lol

You do know that they have 4 OHP, 2 Knoxx class frigates, allready manned, that will be phased out? It's not like new crews will come out of thin air

Yep, I just mentioned that to him. I did forget the Knoxx class so good of you to mention that. Most of those old ships will certainly be retired and many sailors shifted over. The other thing which is the main concern I have is why would a Turk care about the availability of our sailors and act like he really cares that it would be an issue? Quite disingenuous when we all know the real reason.

hahah the typical argument of the Jahils.. he is jalous.. LOL such easy predictable..

Jahils? LMFAO! Look who's talking! That's all you bring to the table!?!? Why are you or your buddy so worried about us not having enough sailors or the fact that we take out loans for these purchases?! Explain that to me and let's see who the real GAHIL is! :lol:

@Gomig-21
Dumb purchase because no standarts in the Navy, it's a soup of weapon systems all over the world.
Chinese/Soviet and German subs
French, German and US frigates
French, Korean and Spanish corvettes
German, US, Chinese, Russian/Soviet, UK fast attack crafts

Same with Air Force and Army.
If you have M1 Abrams why buying Russian T-90, such purchases make no sense maintenance or logistic wise.

And i have no problem at all just stated some facts.

Dumb purchase? Explain why it's a dumb purchase? How many frgates does the Turkish navy have? You have 16 frigates!!! lol. Granted 8 of those are Olivar Hazerd Perry class of which the EN has a few also but the rest are modernized MEKOs between the 4 Barbaros class and the 4 Yavus class all Mekos and so you have a pretty potent and very respectable number of frigates in your navy while we have a bunch of OHP class frigates that are quite old and need to be modernized. Hence the 3 FREMMS (1 French Acquitaine class and 2 Italian Bergammini class and then the 6 Mekos) of which several of the OPC ships will retire and many of the sailors from those ships will be transferred to the new ones. What's so bad about that? Why rag on something like that when it's actually a very good strategy for modernizing in a rather quick manner because no ones wants modernization to take too long! and then you have the countless corvettes in your navy loool. What are they, 10 of them? lol. We currently have the 4 French Gowind corvettes (6 if you count the South Korean and Russian Molina Class gifted vettes) and the plan is to increase that by quite a bit more but of the Falaj class which are much smaller corvettes. And the Egyptian Naval academy is a very respectable academy that has even gone quite a bit of an overhaul itself since the navy is a huge part of the Egyptian Armed Forces. So your assesment that it's a "dumb" thing is pretty silly and sounds like something else completely since it doesn't make any sense. Any individual who has decent military exposure and understands the history of the Egyptian Navy and DOESN'T HOLD ANY resentment or bias of any kind and is completely objective would see that what the EN is doing is nothign short of remarkable and very needed.

Like I just said, several of the Perry Class will be retire and those sailors will be shifted to those new ships and easily trained. Not to mention that there currently is a training program on board the FREMM as well as the 4 Gowinds to train the future sailors of these incoming ships. Actually it hasn't started yet, TBH, but they just announced the program will begin within a few months (mostly for the Corvettes) since the 2 new Bergaminni Class FREMMs will be trained in Italy prior to delivery. No an issue at all.

Oh so it's loans now and not GCC money that is funding all these military purchases? I'm glad you realize that because that is the truth and nothing to do with GCC money whatsoever. The one truth you've actually said, but again, why would you worry about our financial decisions? LOL! Does it really bother you that we're putting ourselves in debt to protect our country? Come on, I find that really hard to believe! lol

Yep, I just mentioned that to him. I did forget the Knoxx class so good of you to mention that. Most of those old ships will certainly be retired and many sailors shifted over. The other thing which is the main concern I have is why would a Turk care about the availability of our sailors and act like he really cares that it would be an issue? Quite disingenuous when we all know the real reason.

Jahils? LMFAO! Look who's talking! That's all you bring to the table!?!? Why are you or your buddy so worried about us not having enough sailors or the fact that we take out loans for these purchases?! Explain that to me and let's see who the real GAHIL is! :lol:

The problem is not the quality of the products. Turkey Meko-class ships were produced in their yards and
currently using and after MLU most of the products were indicated to be used in domestic products. What is emphasized here is Standard, not domestic production. In the simplest terms, they use combat management systems / EW Systems - Radar / Sonars that they use / will use in their frigates and use in submarine fleets.

If you are taking the T90 with the Abrams in your fleet, it is natural that you are questioned by a citizen of a nation whose life has passed through land battles in a Defense forum.

Last edited:
@Gomig-21
Dumb purchase because no standarts in the Navy, it's a soup of weapon systems all over the world.
Chinese/Soviet and German subs
French, German and US frigates
French, Korean and Spanish corvettes
German, US, Chinese, Russian/Soviet, UK fast attack crafts

So what? Who says anything about the notion that you must operate ONE KIND and only ONE KIND of naval ship from only ONE SOURCE and if that source cuts you off, then you'll still be ok, right? THAT is the PRIMARY situation that the Egyptian military is facing, along with the fact that certain weapons from that one original source are limited and will not be sold to Egypt.

Let's clarify some of the items you mentioned because there are some non-truths in there as well as some incorrect information.

There are only 4 Romeo Submarines and 4 German Type-209 submarines of which the Romeos will eventually retire for more German submarines. Not sure where you got the Chinese from, but there aren't any Chinese subs unless you're referring to the Romeos? Those are Russian from my understanding. EDIT: Actually, the Romeos are Chinese-built copies of the Russian subs but those are the only ones besides the new German Type 209. So only 2 types, not 3.

The plan was to purchase all French frigates from the start since the French Aquitaine FREMM is one of the best frigates in the world. Along with the TOT on the 4 Gowinds that I believe 3 were built in Alexandria under that contract. But when we went back to the French to purchase more (same with the Rafales but I'll get to that in a minute), they were very difficult with the financing and wouldn't agree to anything that would work for the Egyptian Navy. So what now? What would the great Turkish Navy do IF they were in the same position? Just give up? Not go to another source? Well, that's not what we do and since we had ordered the 4 Type 209s Submarines from the Germans, they came to us with an AMAZING OFFER to buy 6 Mekos. Everyone has Mekos, practically everyone from you, to the Algerians to many others and it's not like they're difficult ships to integrate into your navy and with other types. You talk about this aspect as if it's the end all be all!? Not even close. There are so many systems to create interoperability (which I will get to later also) that all these purchases actually work well.

So we were still looking to expand the frigates with FREMMs because the EN actually loves that frigate and like I said, it's one of the best in the world for both, ASW and APW. So the phone rings from the Italians proposing to sell the EN 2 of its latest and most powerful FREMMs in the Berghamini class which incidentally, are built in cooperation with the French FREMMs and are essentially the same product except the Italian FREMMS will come with much more than what the French offered, including a MILITARY SATELLITE for the ships!!! That is a HUGE element which helps combine ALL the navy into one network! You see, these are the things you fellas either ignore, or leave out or just genuinely don't know. Before that, the EN didn't have that capability but now it has which helps integrate the entire fleet of naval assets. Please, keep that in mind as that takes out much of the burden of the different ships working together.

The Italian deal also comes with 20 OPVs which are the smaller version corvettes to add to the navy. Nothing wrong with that at all. Any navy that needs to add this capability to its fleet like we do wouldn't hesitate to do it in 1 minute.

EZQvevXX0AAWxZm

These will work perfectly well with the 4 Gowinds and not have any problem whatsoever. Most of the engineering and construction and capabilities of these vettes are right along side with the French and European ones in general because much of the ammunition is centralized in the Aster or MICA or Sea Sparrows and with the torpedoes etc. The comms & GPS are totally dependent on the satellite system and that is being taken care of with this same deal which the Italians will provide (at least 1) Military Satellite for surveillance and radar imaging. This part of the deal is still being worked on as well as the Eurofirghter Typhoon which I will also get into a bit later.

optsat-3000__1.jpg

Sorry this is long, but it's essential for those who don't know what is going on and the critical details to understand that it's not just a mishmash of crap put together. All of it is based on the availability of whom is and isn't willing to supply certain weapons and systems and then sound decision making and planning based on the interoperability of all those systems. The only other choice is to NOT DO ANYTHING and that's not the going trend anymore. The French took out the SAT COMMs from the FREMM frigate they sold us because it was already programmed for NATO and only NATO, and so they were obligate to do so. And even though Italy is part of NATO, the comms will be figured for Egypt and the specific satellites they will provide which will then be integrated into the entire Egyptian Naval fleet. This is sound planning, not mish-mashing. The French also took out the Aster 30 (the longer range missiles) and only left the Aster 15 while the Italians are supplying BOTH in their 2 Berghaminni FREMMs, the Aster 15 as well as the Aster 30. How could anyone refuse that? Good deal!

Same with Air Force and Army.
If you have M1 Abrams why buying Russian T-90, such purchases make no sense maintenance or logistic wise.

And i have no problem at all just stated some facts.

Ok, fine. So the Air Force, what happened after the first order of 24 Rafales? Do you know? We had an option for 12 more and we went to exercise that option and guess what? Exactly what happened with the Frech FREMM and Gowinds also happened with the additional 12 Rafales in that the French AND Egypt couldn't work out a financial deal that was satisfactory for both sides. Mainly France actually made it a bit difficult for Egypt to accept anything since I think the entire deal was actually refused by France, IIRC. @Vergennes , please correct me if I'm wrong.

So, essentially we can't buy any more Rafales unless we pay full price for them upfront or something to that effect. The problem with that type of deal is it handcuffs you and it's very similar to what the US was doing with Egypt - "you take this or that and it's a done deal, like it or not." Well, that stuff doesn't fly with Egypt anymore and that's what got us into the mess we were in in the first place and we're trying to change that. Nothing wrong with that.

So if we can't buy anymore Rafales, what are we supposed to do? Take more F-16s without AIM-120s? And hear about it on this forum every hour? loooool. I don't think so.

Besides, we've been operating Russian aircraft since the MiG-15 came out, the MiG-17, 19, 21 and 23. We needed to retire the fleet of 21s and F-7s and what better aircraft to do that with than the MiG-35? With that, we also acquired the R-73 HOBS with the HMCS and the venerable R-77 AMRAAM as well as the dangerous R-27 AMRAAM. Now we're expanding that with the Su-35 which will give the EAF.

EAF MiG-35 with 4 R-77 AMRAAMs on its pylons. All 46 MiGs can fire this missile as well as the R-73 short range HOBS and R-27 AMRAAM.
EAFMiG35.jpg

You know what the US offered us instead of the Su-35? More of the F-16 or the F-15 but we don't know if they included the AIM-120 and 9X with those to make it worth it. It sounds like they didn't because the EAF refused them. I would've jumped on the F-15 but only if the AMRAAM restriction was lifted and like I said, it doesn't sound like they did so we went Russian!!! The Russians are supplying all the BVR missiles along with several of the other potent cruise missiles and A2G munitions. Essentially it comes down to really not having much of a choice because of the availability of what is out there and who is willing to sell us the latest and greatest as well as how well it will be incorporated into the fleet, which brings us to the possibility of the Eurofighter Typhoon.

As far as the Typhoon, there are several reasons for that and 1 is that it will add to the Rafales because of the similarities and essentially the same weapons and will force the deal for the Meteor missile. That part is huge and if Italy can guarantee the Meteor with the Typhoon, then since we can't buy anymore Rafales for now and those operate under LINK 16 with all the F-16s and many of the ships as well as the most important aspect such as the 8 E-2C AEWC aircraft, it will be a perfect addition. This is something many don't know or see. We might also see the deadly IRIS-T A2A missile with that aircraft. But for now, the Meteor (being the best AMRAAM to date and for a while) is the more important factor.

So we either go back to the status quo, or move on with better equipment and integrate them with the existing ones to the best of our capabilities and that is what's being done to modernize our military. People who don't know all these details I just mentioned and don't make an effort to understand what is going on, stay ignorant about the Egyptian military and its capabilities as well as the interoperability of all its weapons systems.

I hope this post actually opens many of the detractors' eyes around here and they understand a bit better what is going on and see the entire picture instead of just a black & white scenario and that's it.

Last edited:
Really potent replacement for the older T series.(Will this be a 1:1 replacement?)
Very impressive armoured force for Egypt, 1400 odd Abrams and 500 T-90MS.
These are for target practices till they got real Air Force.i just read that they dnt have BVR cap.WTH

To kill Egyptians and ensure israeli dominance. Pharaoh would be so upset

If you say these words in face of an Egyptian, i bet he'll break your sectarian jaw before you know it.

It's no secret that this forum allow insults and slandering etc. to Arabs, but for those interested in truth, can call upon any Egyptian and ask for confirmation of what you just farted from your mouth.

Fact of history, once Israel occupied some part of Egyptian desert, Egyptians didn't rested, until they took it back from Israel after penetrating through Israel's invincible defense positions. Ever heard of 10th Ramadan victory?

Today, no foreign country can even threatened Egypt, while dominating Egypt is a dream you will never see realized, IA.
On the contrary, Pakistan get regular threats from foreign countries. If you need help googling on it, let me know.

Dominance is when Iranians bomb Pakistan, but Pakistanis celebrate birthdays of dead Iranians twice a year and shamelessly parade pictures of Syrian baby killer Sulemani, who is Iranian as well.
Dominance is when Pakistan knows there's COVID out break in Iran, but don't have the courage to close it's own border.
Today Iran can call upon million militias from Pakistan and can turn them against Pakistan, but Israel can't raise even 10 militia men from Egypt.
If any one who read current affairs, know it's Pakistani militias working for Iran, who have tried their best to weakened Arabs, benefiting Israel. While @Horus was a pharo, wonder why you hate him!

Next time come with facts, before you slander any state who has never been hostile to Pakistan. Or i will kill your cold start, with hot facts in more worst way.

Back
Top Bottom