What's new

Hazrat Umar Farooq RA Shahadat day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a Shia? Any Shias want to explain why some Shias bad mouth the great Caliph?

Half my family is shia so basically they believe that Hazrat Ali RA was the rightful legitimate successor of Prophet Muhammad PBUH and that right was snatched from him by forming some sort of a unified alliance against him.

Last edited:
According to him yazid is a jannati and not a womanising scumbag etc.. and the "great sahabas" who took his bayat are a proof of it... also Karballa was a political thing.. etc..
Hmmm just like that fag Zakir Naik. 
Those Who hates Hazrat Umar(rta) must be a Hypocrite....Hazrat Ali(rta)..
Reference? any Proof?

First ask Zarvan why he justifies yazid? 

Not the only reason..

Yazid can not be explained without properly understanding the circumstances of Hazrat Usman's shahadat.

If you understand why and how Hazrat Usman was murdered, you will understand the role of Yazeed.

Remember, Umar was 2nd Caliph, whereas Yazeed's role comes into play after Usman. you need to put the pieces Chronologically right.

Hazarat Umar Farooque Raziallah Anho

Life Before Islam

Umar (Raziallah Anho) belonged to "'Adi" family of Quraish tribe. In the 8th generation, his lineage joins with the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam). Abu Hafs was his patronymic name and "al-Faruq" his title given by the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam). He was born in 583 A.C., about forty years before the great Hijrah. The early life of Hadrat Umar is not known in detail. In his youth he was a famous wrestler and orator, and a spirited person. He was one among the few people in Makkah who knew reading and writing before Islam. His main occupation was business.

When the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) got revelation and invited people to Islam, Umar became the sworn enemy of Islam and the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) and did not hesitate to harm the Muslims and Islam at every opportunity.

Umar's acceptance of Islam

It was the sixth year of Holy Prophet's mission when Quraish leaders called a meeting and asked a volunteer for the assassination of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) Umar offered himself for this job and everybody in the meeting exclaimed that he was the right person for it. While he was on his way with a sword in his hand he met Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas who enquired of him about his destination. Umar told him that he was going to murder the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam). After some discussion Sa'd said, "You had better take care of your own family first. Your sister and brother-in-law both have accepted Islam". Hearing this Umar changed his direction and went straight to his sister's house. When Hadrat Umar knocked at the door, they were studying the Holy Qur'an from Hadrat Khabbab (Raziallah Anho). His sister Fatimah was frightened on hearing Umar’s voice and tried to hide the portion of the Holy Qur'an she was reciting. When Umar entered the house he enquired about their Islam and on finding that they had accepted Islam, he first fell upon his brother-in-law and beat him severely. When his sister intervened he smote her so violently on her face that it bled profusely. On this his sister burst out: "Do whatever you like, we are determined to die as Muslims". When Umar saw his sister bleeding, he cooled down and felt ashamed. He loved Fatimah very much but could not tolerate her conversion to Islam. However, deeply moved, Umar asked her to show the pages on which the Holy Qur'an was written. But she was, after all, Umar’s sister and told him straight, "You can not touch it unless you take a bath and make yourself clean" He washed his body and then read the leaves. That was the beginning of Surah Ta Ha (Chapter 20 of the Holy Qur'an). When he came to the verse:

"Lo! I even I, am Allah, there is no god save Me. So serve Me and establish Salat for My remembrance". (20:14)

Umar exclaimed, "Surely this is the Word of Allah. Take me to Muhammad (Sallallahu ’alaihi wa Sallam)".

On hearing this Hadrat Khabbab (Raziallah Anho), who had hidden himself in the house, came out from inside and said, "0 "Umar! Glad tidings for you. It seems that the prayer of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa Sallam) which he said last night has been answered in your favour. He had prayer to Allah: "O Allah, strengthen Islam with either Umar b. Khattab or Umar b. Hisham whomsoever Thou pleaseth".

Umar then went to the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu ’alaihi wa Sallam). On seeing him, the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) asked him, "Umar! what brings you here”? He said, "I am here to accept Islam". Hearing this the Muslims shouted with joy, "Allahu Akbar"(Allah is the Greatest) and the sound rent the air of Makkah. As a matter of fact, Umar’s conversion to Islam was a terrible blow to the morale of the disbelieves. 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud, a great Companion, says, "Umar's conversion to Islam was a great triumph, his emigration to Medina a tremendous reinforcement and his accession to Caliphate a great blessing for the Muslims". In some history books there are more details in this connection. I have followed the version of Shaikh Muhammad Zakariya (Damat Barakatuhu) given in his book " Hikayat-i-Sahabah".

Umar (Raziallah Anho) gets the title of "Al-Faruq"

Conversion of Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) strengthened Islam. Hitherto, Muslims had lived in constant fear of disbelievers, and most of them were concealing their faith. The Muslims were now able to offer their Salat publicly. When Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) became a Muslim he declared his faith openly before the Quraish Chiefs. Though they stared at him but could not do any harm to him. Then he requested the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) to offer Salat in the Ka'bah. On getting the consent of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam), Hadrat Umar led a party of the Muslims to that place. Hadrat Hamzah, who had accepted Islam a few days before Umar (Raziallah Anho) carried another party of the Muslims to Ka'bah. When all the Muslims gathered in the Ka'bah they offered their Salat in congregation. The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa Sallam) led this first public Salat in the history of Islam. For this courageous and bold action of Hadrat Umar (R.A) the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) gave him the title of "al-Faruq" i.e., the one who makes a distinction between the "Right" (Haqq) and the "Wrong" (Batil).

Migration to Medina

When the Muslims were ordered to migrate to Medina, most of them left Makkah quietly and secretly, but Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) declared it openly. He put on his arms and first went to the Ka'bah. After performing the Salat he announced loudly: "I am migrating to Medina. If anyone wants to check me, let him come out. I am sure that his mother would cry for his life". There was no man in Makkah to accept the challenge of Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho). Then he migrated to Medina boldly.

Umar's services to Islam before his Khilafat (Caliphate)

Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) had great love for Allah and the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam). He participated in almost all the big battles: Badr, Uhad, Ahzab, Khaibar, Hunain etc. In the expedition to "Tabuk" he gave half of his wealth in the path of Allah. He was next to Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) to sacrifice his belongings for the cause of Allah.

The Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) also had a deep love for him. Once he remarked, "were a prophet to come after me, he would have been Umar". In another Hadith mentioned in Bukhari, Hadrat Abu Hurairah (Raziallah Anho) narrated that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu'alaihi wa Sallam) said, "In Bani Isra'il (Israelites) there were people who were not prophets but talked to Allah. Were anyone in my Ummah (people) like those persons, he would be Umar".

The death of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) was a great shock to him, and he could not believe it until Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) reminded him of a clear verse of the Holy Qur'an on the subject. He then went to the Council Hall along with Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) where the people of Medina had assembled to select the First Caliph. Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) was the first person to pledge loyalty(Bai'at) at the hand of Hadrat Abu Bakr(Raziallah Anho), and then helped him throughout the duration of his rule.
Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) as the Second Caliph of Islam

As described in connection with the life of Hadrat Abu-Bakr, during his illness he consulted the "Shura" about the next "Khalifah" and then gave his decision in favour of Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) who took the charge of Caliphate after the death of Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) on 22nd of Jamadi-uth-Thani 13 A.H. (23rd Aug. 634 A.C.).Umar (Raziallah Anho) followed fully the ways of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) and the policy of his predecessor with his characteristic zeal and vigour. It was his strict adherence to the "Sunnah" of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) which helped him to subdue the mighty empires of Persia and Byzantine. His caliphate marked the "Golden Age" of Islam. I would like to discuss only main events which took place during the Caliphate of Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) in brief.

Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) had great love for Allah and the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam). He participated in almost all the big battles: Badr, Uhad, Ahzab, Khaibar, Hunain etc. In the expedition to "Tabuk" he gave half of his wealth in the path of Allah. He was next to Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) to sacrifice his belongings for the cause of Allah.

The Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) also had a deep love for him. Once he remarked, "were a prophet to come after me, he would have been Umar". In another Hadith mentioned in Bukhari, Hadrat Abu Hurairah (Raziallah Anho) narrated that the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu'alaihi wa Sallam) said, "In Bani Isra'il (Israelites) there were people who were not prophets but talked to Allah. Were anyone in my Ummah (people) like those persons, he would be Umar".

The death of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) was a great shock to him, and he could not believe it until Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) reminded him of a clear verse of the Holy Qur'an on the subject. He then went to the Council Hall along with Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) where the people of Medina had assembled to select the First Caliph. Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) was the first person to pledge loyalty(Bai'at) at the hand of Hadrat Abu Bakr(Raziallah Anho), and then helped him throughout the duration of his rule.

As described in connection with the life of Hadrat Abu-Bakr, during his illness he consulted the "Shura" about the next "Khalifah" and then gave his decision in favour of Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) who took the charge of Caliphate after the death of Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) on 22nd of Jamadi-uth-Thani 13 A.H. (23rd Aug. 634 A.C.).Umar (Raziallah Anho) followed fully the ways of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) and the policy of his predecessor with his characteristic zeal and vigour. It was his strict adherence to the "Sunnah" of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) which helped him to subdue the mighty empires of Persia and Byzantine. His caliphate marked the "Golden Age" of Islam. I would like to discuss only main events which took place during the Caliphate of Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) in brief.

Fall of Persian Empire

During the time of Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho), Hadrat Khalid bin Walid conquered part of Persian Empire, known as the Kingdom of Hira. Then he was ordered by Hadrat Abu Bakr (Raziallah Anho) to join the expedition to Syria.

At the time of his departure, he appointed Muthanna bin Harith as the commander of the Islamic army. The Persians became furious at the loss of the kingdom of Hira and the Emperor sent a large army under the command of a very famous General, Rustam the Commander-in-Chief of Persian armies. In view of the growing pressure of Persians, Muthanna requested Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) for reinforcement. At that time there was a large gathering of Muslims in Medina to take pledge of loyalty (Bai'at) at the hand of the new Caliph (Hadrat Umar). He put the matter before the Muslims but did not get any response in the beginning. Then Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) in his sermons stressed the importance of Jihad and a large number of Muslims volunteered to help Muthanna against the Persians. Abu‘Ubaid ath-Thaqafi was appointed as the commander of the Islamic army comprising five thousand men. In the meantime Persians attacked the places conquered by Muslims and they lost some of them. In the early stage of the battles Rustam sent his subordinates to face Muslims.

The Battle of Namariq

When Abu‘Ubaid had reached there a battle took place at "Namariq" and the Muslims won it. A number of famous generals of Persians army including Jaban, right hand of Rustam, were killed in the battle. Then some small battles also took place at Kaskar etc.

The Battle of the Bridge

The defeat of Persians startled Rustam and he gathered a huge army to face the Muslims. The army met the Muslims on the other bank of the Euphrates under the command of Bahman, a famous Persian warrior. Bahman asked Hadrat Abu Ubaid whether Persians should cross the river or the Muslims. Hadrat Abu‘Ubaid was over-confident and chose to cross the river, although some of the Muslim generals like Muthanna did not like to cross the river, and preferred to let the Persians come. The Islamic army crossed the river but lost the battle. Hadrat Abu 'Ubaid was also martyred and Muslims fell one after the other. Muthanna took over the command and ordered rebuilding of the bridge which had been destroyed. The elephants of the Persian army caused considerable damage to the Muslim army. However Muthanna could save only 3000 men out of an army of 9000.
The Battle of Buwaib

Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) was shocked at the defeat of the Muslim army. He sent special messengers to various tribes and exhorted the Muslims to prepare for the Holy War against Persians. A new reinforcement was sent to Muthanna's army. In this army a number of Christian Arabs were also included.

The Persians also gathered a huge army. This time Rustam, the Commander-in-Chief of the Persian armies, appointed Mehran Hamdani as the Commander because he had travelled Arabia and knew the Arabian way of fighting. The Muslim army, under the command of Muthanna, met the Persians at a place called Buwaib (where "Kufa” is situated). The Muslims invited the Persians to cross the river and they accepted it. The number of Muslim army was a little more than 20,000 while the Persians (Iranians) several times larger in number, were estimated as two hundred thousands. A fierce battle took place. Muslims fought desperately and after a grim fight, the Persians were defeated. They could not find the way to cross the river Euphrates because the bridge built by them was destroyed by the Muslims. There was a total disorder in the Persian army. The commander of the army, Mehran was slain in this battle and not less than a hundred thousand men lost their lives in the field. As a result of this victory the whole of western part of Persians Empire (now Iraq) fell into Muslim hands.

The Battle of the Bridge

The defeat of Persians startled Rustam and he gathered a huge army to face the Muslims. The army met the Muslims on the other bank of the Euphrates under the command of Bahman, a famous Persian warrior. Bahman asked Hadrat Abu Ubaid whether Persians should cross the river or the Muslims. Hadrat Abu‘Ubaid was over-confident and chose to cross the river, although some of the Muslim generals like Muthanna did not like to cross the river, and preferred to let the Persians come. The Islamic army crossed the river but lost the battle. Hadrat Abu 'Ubaid was also martyred and Muslims fell one after the other. Muthanna took over the command and ordered rebuilding of the bridge which had been destroyed. The elephants of the Persian army caused considerable damage to the Muslim army. However Muthanna could save only 3000 men out of an army of 9000.
The Battle of Buwaib

Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) was shocked at the defeat of the Muslim army. He sent special messengers to various tribes and exhorted the Muslims to prepare for the Holy War against Persians. A new reinforcement was sent to Muthanna's army. In this army a number of Christian Arabs were also included.

The Persians also gathered a huge army. This time Rustam, the Commander-in-Chief of the Persian armies, appointed Mehran Hamdani as the Commander because he had travelled Arabia and knew the Arabian way of fighting. The Muslim army, under the command of Muthanna, met the Persians at a place called Buwaib (where "Kufa” is situated). The Muslims invited the Persians to cross the river and they accepted it. The number of Muslim army was a little more than 20,000 while the Persians (Iranians) several times larger in number, were estimated as two hundred thousands. A fierce battle took place. Muslims fought desperately and after a grim fight, the Persians were defeated. They could not find the way to cross the river Euphrates because the bridge built by them was destroyed by the Muslims. There was a total disorder in the Persian army. The commander of the army, Mehran was slain in this battle and not less than a hundred thousand men lost their lives in the field. As a result of this victory the whole of western part of Persians Empire (now Iraq) fell into Muslim hands.

Respecting Hazrat Umar Farooq RA as an exemplary Muslim leader and a companion of our beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH does not mean we respect the other Caliphs any less. They all were loved and supported by the Prophet PBUH himself so whoever he loves we must love as well. He got married to the daughters of Hazrat Abu Bakr Saddiq RA and Hazrat Umar Farooq RA, gave two of his daughters in marriage to Hazrat Usman RA and his youngest and beloved daughter to Hazrat Ali RA so how can they all not be dear to him not to mention they had supported the Prophet PBUH throughout their lives

The Battle of the Bridge

The Battle of Buwaib

Change of Persian Ruler

The great defeat at Buwaib shocked the Persian Empire. It was not only a cause of great disturbance to the rulers but to the public as well. For the first time they realised the strength of Muslims. The news of loss of one hundred thousand Persians and only few hundred Muslims was received with great surprise. At that time a woman, Puran Dukht was the Empress. The Iranians (Persians) replaced the Empress by a young 21 year old Emperor, Yezdgird. The new Emperor reorganised the army and strengthened the frontier defences. There arose a number of rebellions in the places conquered by Muslims as a result of which Muslims again lost some of the parts which they had conquered.

When Hadrat Umar heard this news he asked Muthanna to call the border tribes and to return within safer borders till reinforcement reached him. He himself declared "Jihad" all over the land and sent emissaries to collect an army for the Holy War. An army of 20,000 Muslims was collected. Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) himself wanted to lead the army this time but the "Shura" (Advisory Council) did not agree to it. The name of Hadrat Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas (Raziallah Anho), a great warrior and one of the uncles of the Holy Prophet (Sal Allaho Alehe Wassallam) was proposed to lead the army to which Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) agreed. The army was having 70 of those Companions who had participated in the first battle of Islam at Badr. When the army was leaving Medina, Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) gave instructions to Hadrat Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas (Raziallah Anho). Some of those are as under

"Allah does not repel evil with evil but he repels evil with good. All men high and low are equal before Him. One can win Allah's favour only through devotion to His service. Remember that the "Sunnah"(the Way) of the Holy Prophet is the only correct way of doing things. You are going on a heavy mission which you can discharge only by following the Truth. Inculcate good habits in yourselves and in your companions."

This advice clearly shows that the aim of Muslims was to proclaim Allah's message --- ISLAM, rather than to fight. The sword was used to clear the barriers in the way.

In the meantime Muthanna died and his brother Bashir joined Hadrat Sa'd (Raziallah Anho) with an army of eight thousand. Hadrat Sa'd was in direct contact with Hadrat Umar all the time who was constantly giving instructions about the movement of the army from place to place. Finally Hadrat Umar (Raziallah Anho) sent instructions to it to encamp at Qadisiya and to send an envoy to the Persian Emperor, Yezdgird, with the Message of Islam and peace.

Oh then who was it? Wanna elaborate?

He did never order which you claim ... Actually you people distorted the history ........

Anyhow you won't accept so I think arguments will be useless ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom