What's new

Headley: ISI had no links to 26/11

FreekiN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Pakistan ISI had no role in Mumbai plot: court

(AFP)

31 May 2011, 8:29 PM The leadership of Pakistan’s ISI agency was not involved in planning the deadly 2008 Mumbai attacks, self-confessed plotter David Coleman Headley testified Tuesday.
Headley, who has pleaded guilty to 12 terror charges arising out of the attacks on India’s financial capital, said during the Chicago trial of his childhood friend, Tahawwur Hussain Rana, that no more than a handful of ISI agents were involved in the plot.

“The colonel might have known and someone in the group might have known,” Headley testified.

But when asked by Rana’s defense attorney if he meant that neither the head of the ISI nor its senior leadership were involved Headley testified “Yes.”

The Mumbai attacks, in which 166 people were killed, stalled a fragile four-year peace process between India and Pakistan, two South Asian neighbors and nuclear-armed rivals, which was only resumed in February.

Pakistan’s powerful Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency has long been suspected of involvement and three ISI agents were named as co-conspirators by US prosecutors.

However, Headley’s testimony supports Pakistan’s assertion that the ISI’s involvement was limited to a handful of rogue agents.

Rana is accused of providing Headley with a cover and acting as a messenger, with prosecutors alleging he played a behind-the-scenes logistical role in both the Mumbai attacks and another abortive plan to strike Copenhagen.

Rana, a Canadian-Pakistani and Chicago businessman, has denied all charges, and his defense attorneys argue that he was duped by his friend, whom he had met in military school.

The Mumbai attacks also left more than 300 people wounded after coordinated strikes on high-profile targets

Thus Propaganda Busted!

BUT this matter is not for Hadley to decide if ISI was involved in it or not. Hadley is a terrorist and his words cannot be taken as "words of saint".

My thesis is simpler and straight-forward. There is ZERO gain for ISI or Pakistan out of all this $hit which happened in India. Ofcours that was an act of terrorism and must be condemned to the degree possible but let mind think a bit before you spur next time that ISI was involved.

But I am sure retards or enemies don't believe in logic so I have little to no hope from Indians.

LoL.. Its just a statement from headely .. not the verdict of the court

Maybe I should not have added the word "verdict" in the title since it doesnt seem to be over, but so far Headley has backtracked on his words and is making a fool of himself and Indian attorneys.

The court has only so declared ISI not having anything to do with 26/11.

Lame reporting!!

Duh !!.

was some one expecting Shuja Pasha or Gen Kayani to directly brief the Headly or for that matter other Pakistani terrorist, who came to Mumbai?

" no more than a handful of ISI agents were involved in the plot "

Question : So How many ISI agents should atleast invoved in a plot..such that it can called an ISI operation?

However, Headley’s testimony supports Pakistan’s assertion that the ISI’s involvement was limited to a handful of rogue agents.

How can you say that the organization was not involved, and then turn around and blame it on some 'rogue' elements?

Maybe I should not have added the word "verdict" in the title since it doesnt seem to be over, but so far Headley has backtracked on his words and is making a fool of himself and Indian attorneys.

The court has only so declared ISI not having anything to do with 26/11.

Indian attorneys ??? Isnt this a case between US govt and Headley / Rana ???

And the court hasnt declared anything so far I think.. and ISI is not on trial here.. T Rana is...

ISI is on trial in a different case (civil case) where some Israeli Nationals have sued ISI for causing wrongful deaths in Mumbai..

It's funny because after the Abottabad operation, the United States was making claims that if they told the Pakistani government, they were afraid Pakistan would have given Osama some kind of early warning. Now even they have regretted their words, saying that the United States has no evidence that Pakistan could have even done such a thing and they acted based off of pure suspicion.

lol

Lame reporting!!

Duh !!.

was some one expecting Shuja Pasha or Gen Kayani to directly brief the Headly or for that matter other Pakistani terrorist, who came to Mumbai?

" no more than a handful of ISI agents were involved in the plot "

Question : So How many ISI agents should atleast invoved in a plot..such that it can called an ISI operation?

Khaleez Times.. What else do you expect??

Indian attorneys ??? Isnt this a case between US govt and Headley / Rana ???

And the court hasnt declared anything so far I think.. and ISI is not on trial here.. T Rana is...

ISI is on trial in a different case (civil case) where some Israeli Nationals have sued ISI for causing wrongful deaths in Mumbai..

Oh, my bad. I don't know the word of what you call the people who bring forward evidence. Instead of attorneys, i mean "the indians who brought in evidence claiming ISI was involved."

It's funny because after the Abottabad operation, the United States was making claims that if they told the Pakistani government, they were afraid Pakistan would have given Osama some kind of early warning. Now even they have regretted their words, saying that the United States has no evidence that Pakistan could have even done such a thing and they acted based off of pure suspicion.

lol

And its that suspicion that made PA now start an operation in NW ?? The stick wielded by Clinton and Mullen behind the doors in Islamabad wasnt visible to the normal public, but the reaction certainly is..

Oh, my bad. I don't know the word of what you call the people who bring forward evidence. Instead of attorneys, i mean "the indians who brought in evidence claiming ISI was involved."

I don't think any Indians are involved in this case.. Are you aware of any?

I don't think any Indians are involved in this case.. Are you aware of any?

Obviously, someone gave in "evidence" from India that the ISI was involved. It's not like the United States is completely running this case on Rana's and Headleys statements. Thats not even plausible.

EDIT: finding the link for you

Back
Top Bottom