What's new

Helicopter for PNS Alamghir

circuitbaba

Reaction score
Can somebody aswer this question.PNS almaghir or Oliverd Perry Class friagte carries which ASW Helicopter onboard its deck.I dont think we have SH-60...if not that somebody can tell me which heli should be there.

Can somebody aswer this question.PNS almaghir or Oliverd Perry Class friagte carries which ASW Helicopter onboard its deck.I dont think we have SH-60...if not that somebody can tell me which heli should be there.

util now its carry sea king i think so but in future lets wait and see .its will be great if we got 3 NH-9 for it :P

The PN should consolidate its chopper fleet, two types is enough.. the Z-9 can handle the shipboard ops.. and a replacement for the Sea King.. wishful thinking though.. since we do not have the finances.

The PN should consolidate its chopper fleet, two types is enough.. the Z-9 can handle the shipboard ops.. and a replacement for the Sea King.. wishful thinking though.. since we do not have the finances.

the sea kings are in dire need of a MLU/Upgrade.

NHIndustries NH90 is a new contender - can it be considered
The NHIndustries NH90 is a medium sized, twin-engine, multi-role military helicopter manufactured by NHIndustries. The first prototype had its maiden flight in December 1995. It has been ordered by 16 nations, and deliveries began in 2006.
Unit cost €16 million

The primary role of the NFH version is autonomous anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface unit warfare (ASuW), mainly from naval ships. Additional roles include anti-air warfare support, vertical replenishment (VERTREP), search & rescue (SAR) and troop transport.
220px-NH-90_NATO_Frigate_Helikopter_%28NFH%29._175.jpg

The primary role of the TTH version is the transport of 20 troops or more than 2,500 kg of cargo, heliborne operations and search & rescue
220px-Mehrzweckhubschrauber_NH90_mit_Wolf.jpg

Unit cost €16 million

i wld seriously challenge this price for the NH90 - opps it Euros that $30+ mill then its ok

actually a $10+m upgrade of the seaking x 6 = $60m+ would be more attractive for the PN at this time. capability to fire the Exocet/ Harpoon would be great.

actually a $10+m upgrade of the seaking x 6 = $60m+ would be more attractive for the PN at this time. capability to fire the Exocet/ Harpoon would be great.

but after upgrade they must look another platform for replace them so its better save this money and start look good chopper with good weapons sir jee.i don't like to another example of Westland Lynx sir

NHIndustries NH90 is a new contender - can it be considered
The NHIndustries NH90 is a medium sized, twin-engine, multi-role military helicopter manufactured by NHIndustries. The first prototype had its maiden flight in December 1995. It has been ordered by 16 nations, and deliveries began in 2006.
Unit cost €16 million

The primary role of the NFH version is autonomous anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface unit warfare (ASuW), mainly from naval ships. Additional roles include anti-air warfare support, vertical replenishment (VERTREP), search & rescue (SAR) and troop transport.
220px-NH-90_NATO_Frigate_Helikopter_%28NFH%29._175.jpg

The primary role of the TTH version is the transport of 20 troops or more than 2,500 kg of cargo, heliborne operations and search & rescue
220px-Mehrzweckhubschrauber_NH90_mit_Wolf.jpg

excellent platform but if i am not wrong, the NH90 is built by a consortium of EU countries like the EFT.

The NH-90 has been having quite a few teething problems.
Given a respectable budget my choice would have been the Eh-101.. simply for its ability to be able to operate from the Alamgir.. and being able to match the Sea Kings for their range for land based operations.

An alternative contender could be a derivative of the AW-139.

NH-90, merlin are good options, the Sea Hawk might just be out of our reach.

As for the AW-139, the interior ministry ordered 5 or six of them, one for VIP duties, and other for SAR duties, so maybe one can be converted, or no? It is maintained by 6 OCU squadron at Islamabad heliport. (one could also be seen at sukkur airport today)

Its (OHPs) hangars can accommodate SH60 Sea Hawk and hence SH3 Sea King operated by PN. Or anything smaller than these birds. Most likely candidate, however, is Chinse Z9C, 1 heli possibly accompanied by 1-2 rotary U(C)AVs.

it is not economically feasible to buy just 1 NH-90 for just 1 ship, so it wont happen

addition Z9C would be a good or wait a little and get the Chinese 7 ton Z15 ~2015

Back
Top Bottom