What's new

Hero of BRB Canal Lt Col Abdul Rabb Niazi SJ 7FF

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is a story close to my heart as it is the story of my grand uncle Lt Col (R) Abdul Rabb Niazi of 7FF.
1659308340787.png
1659308605646.png

In his own words:
On night 10/11 Sep, his unit while on its way to Sialkot from Khem Karan, was asked on the last moment to reinforce Lahore where situation was dangerous. He was Second-in-Command of his battalion but voluntarily took over a company which had no officer other than a young Second Lieutenant.
Without any maps or any reconnaissance of the area, they reached the location and took positions at BRB canal.
1659308461421.png

All night battle with Heavy Machine Guns of Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) of the Company on full song repulsed Indians who took APCs as tanks and thought that Pakistan has reinforced position with armour. The situation was stabilised which otherwise could have been of grave consequences. He was recommended for a gallantry award.

1659308804510.png

The unit was awarded Battle Honour and the singular distinction to celebrate 10 Sep as Lahore Day every year.
1659308629355.png

Moving on to Sialkot, Company went in to an attack on 19 Sep to capture Jassoran, a place near Chawinda. It was a strong company position. With tanks in support being pinned down and the other company losing direction, virtually a company versus company were pitched. Under heavy fire of medium machine gun (MMG), the Company reached target almost unharmed.

The Indians panicked and deserted their defences. The same MMG was turned on to fleeing Indians who were taken for a duck shoot at dusk. A large amount of weapons including anti-tank weapons and automatics were seized. 35 were made prisoners.

The then Major Abdul Rabb Niazi was immediately recommended for Sitara-i-Jurrat. In the morning, he was called upon by General Officer Commanding Sahibzada Yaqub Khan who remarked that you have literally butchered the Indian company. He was locally called as 'Victor of Jassoran' in the formation. The Indian MMG still rests as a war trophy in the unit.
1659308824911.png
1659308704640.png

In 17 days war, he along with his unit travelled over 200 miles, took part in three major war fronts and was awarded Sitara-i-Jurrat.

1659308882217.png

He holds place in the Army and Regimental Roll of Honour. His portrait and uniform hangs in his unit of which; he's considered as an icon. He later commanded it for a record three consecutive years.
1659308922888.png

He can proudly say that he served his country well. A colour holder in hockey and football in his hay days, at 87 he's still as strong and resolute in fighting his knee and disc problems as ever. May Allah Almighty grant him health and long life, Ameen. My grand uncle like other brave sons and daughters of the soil. He is not only my hero but a National War Hero for he's part of our combined heritage.

As long as Pakistan lives, he just like every other brave man or woman who has loyally worn the uniform and served his or her country will always remain part of its history. May Pakistan live and prosper till the Day of Judgment, Ameen.

Attachments

• 1659308588179.png
    1659308588179.png
    971.9 KB · Views: 28
Men of honour. Country is truly in debt to these hero’s .

This is a story close to my heart as it is the story of my grand uncle Lt Col (R) Abdul Rabb Niazi of 7FF.
View attachment 866803View attachment 866807
In his own words:
On night 10/11 Sep, his unit while on its way to Sialkot from Khem Karan, was asked on the last moment to reinforce Lahore where situation was dangerous. He was Second-in-Command of his battalion but voluntarily took over a company which had no officer other than a young Second Lieutenant.
Without any maps or any reconnaissance of the area, they reached the location and took positions at BRB canal.
View attachment 866804

All night battle with Heavy Machine Guns of Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) of the Company on full song repulsed Indians who took APCs as tanks and thought that Pakistan has reinforced position with armour. The situation was stabilised which otherwise could have been of grave consequences. He was recommended for a gallantry award.

View attachment 866810
The unit was awarded Battle Honour and the singular distinction to celebrate 10 Sep as Lahore Day every year.
View attachment 866808
Moving on to Sialkot, Company went in to an attack on 19 Sep to capture Jassoran, a place near Chawinda. It was a strong company position. With tanks in support being pinned down and the other company losing direction, virtually a company versus company were pitched. Under heavy fire of medium machine gun (MMG), the Company reached target almost unharmed.

The Indians panicked and deserted their defences. The same MMG was turned on to fleeing Indians who were taken for a duck shoot at dusk. A large amount of weapons including anti-tank weapons and automatics were seized. 35 were made prisoners.

The then Major Abdul Rabb Niazi was immediately recommended for Sitara-i-Jurrat. In the morning, he was called upon by General Officer Commanding Sahibzada Yaqub Khan who remarked that you have literally butchered the Indian company. He was locally called as 'Victor of Jassoran' in the formation. The Indian MMG still rests as a war trophy in the unit.
View attachment 866811View attachment 866809
In 17 days war, he along with his unit travelled over 200 miles, took part in three major war fronts and was awarded Sitara-i-Jurrat.

View attachment 866812

He holds place in the Army and Regimental Roll of Honour. His portrait and uniform hangs in his unit of which; he's considered as an icon. He later commanded it for a record three consecutive years.
View attachment 866813

He can proudly say that he served his country well. A colour holder in hockey and football in his hay days, at 87 he's still as strong and resolute in fighting his knee and disc problems as ever. May Allah Almighty grant him health and long life, Ameen. My grand uncle like other brave sons and daughters of the soil. He is not only my hero but a National War Hero for he's part of our combined heritage.

As long as Pakistan lives, he just like every other brave man or woman who has loyally worn the uniform and served his or her country will always remain part of its history. May Pakistan live and prosper till the Day of Judgment, Ameen.
7 FF is MIB which had M-113s in 1965 war :-)

Your grand uncle demoted himself from 2IC to Coy Comd to command troops efficiently for sake of Regiment and Pakistan, which is commendable and proved his decision correct with awesome results :wub:

Last edited:
Nation of Pakistan will always remain in debt of such sincere and brave soldiers who put their lives and future of theirs families in danger for defence of every inch of the Country and for the pride of the Nation.

@RescueRanger didn’t know you were pathan bro.. you’re a niazi like Ik?
Pathans in Army usually join FF regiments.

One fine day, a captain was talking to a Maj General in pushto. Both were in Signals Corps. Gen asked the captain,
"Had you not joined Signals, which unit would you have joined ?"

Captain promptly replied,"FF regiment, sir." Maj General smiled and nodded,"me too".

I asked the captain afterwards what was the conversation about and upon hearing his reply, I commented that Sir you guys dont even think of Armor, Artillery or, AD, you Just jump into FF regiments. He said we pathans are like that, we just try to join FF regiment.

Pathans in Army usually join FF regiments.

One fine day, a captain was talking to a Maj General in pushto. Both were in Signals Corps. Gen asked the captain,
"Had you not joined Signals, which unit would you have joined ?"

Captain promptly replied,"FF regiment, sir." Maj General smiled and nodded,"me too".

I asked the captain afterwards what was the conversation about and upon hearing his reply, I commented that Sir you guys dont even think of Armor, Artillery or, AD, you Just jump into FF regiments. He said we pathans are like that, we just try to join FF regiment.
Go Piffers!!!

The regiment (7FF) moved first from 11 Div's, Kasur ORBAT to that of 10ID, Lahore on 12th and then again on 16th went back to its parent 3rd Armd brigade which had been sent to Pasrur following India's attack.
This is just one of the many examples showing nervousness and lack of confidence at the top in the conduct of 65 war.

View attachment 866803View attachment 866807
In his own words:
View attachment 866804

View attachment 866810
View attachment 866808

View attachment 866811View attachment 866809

View attachment 866812

View attachment 866813

Rabbi mamu to us. He was related to us from my mother's side.

Back
Top Bottom