What's new

High quality Oil was found in the "Çukurova 1 and Çukurova 2" research fields affiliated with the Turkish Petroleum Corporation in Adana

dBSPL

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
High quality oil was found in two wells in Adana where oil exploration was carried out. The economic reserve value of the first 2 wells, one of which is 425 meters deep and the other 358 meters deep, has been calculated as approximately 1 billion dollars.

Work has been started so that 8 more wells will be drilled in the same field and production will begin in 10 wells in total.

Currently, reserve determination activities continue in 7-8 different regions in Turkiye based on very positive findings.

Turkiye is a foreign-dependent country in terms of both oil and natural gas needs. However, the ongoing national exploration and operation efforts of the Turkish Petroleum Corporation in recent years continue to yield results.

Turkiye's ultimate goal is to completely end foreign dependency on all fossil fuels within 20 years. In accordance with this state policy, great progress has been made not only in natural gas oil exploration and extraction activities, but also in the production of lithium batteries on a global scale, reducing carbon emissions in cities, nuclear energy and especially in industrial structuring based on renewable energy.

In parallel, the production of rare elements has also been set as a priority. A new step is being taken in the production and transformation of mines, which are an integral part of technological independence, into final products.

Industrial steps are being taken strongly in order to enter this area where our country has been kept out of with various campaigns, obstructions and difficulties in the past. Eskişehir Beylikova is the second largest reserve area in the world after China in this sense. The production facility installation here continues. After trial productions, the region will become an industrial center. When the first facility reaches full capacity, it will process 570 thousand tons of ore annually and produce 10 thousand tons of rare earth oxides, 72 thousand tons of barite, 70 thousand tons of fluorite and 250 tons of thorium.

The discovery in Eskişehir Beylikova is a historical threshold that will change Turkiye's future. It is an area that is even much more strategic than natural gas discoveries and can create higher added value.

If Turkiye can support its continued transformation in the tech-based industry by increasing the capacity of energy, fossil fuels, rare earth elements and other strategic minerals, it will increase its position and power several times in the near future.

Turkish economy is expected to skyrocket in 2023 after the Treaty of Lausanne becomes null and void. Such exploitation of Turkish natural resources are set to help Turkey become a true powerhouse. Imagine when Turkey becomes less dependent on foreign imports.

LOL My Turkish neighbor was telling me that Turkey now actively explores for gas and oil all along its waters. European nations and US discourage Turkey to explore.

Last edited:
Turkish economy is expected to skyrocket in 2023 after the Treaty of Lausanne becomes null and void. Such exploitation of Turkish natural resources are set to help Turkey become a true powerhouse. Imagine where Turkey becomes less dependent on foreign imports.

LOL My Turkish neighbor was telling me that Turkey now actively explores for gas and oil all along its waters. European nations and US discourage Turkey to explore.
The Lausanne is a permanent agreement and as long as the Republic of Turkiye exists, it will continue to define the sovereign rights of it and the states party to this agreement.

Please, I beg you, before believing such superstitions, try to find and read a copy of the Lausanne agreement.

Developments in rare elements and associated industrial investments, natural gas and oil discoveries are achievements that resulting from billions of dollars of investment, hundreds of thousands of man/hours of work and great dedication of going on for more than 10 years.

Turkish Petroleum Corporation and MTA's only naval fleet currently consists of 4 state-of-art deep-sea drilling vessels, many new generation Hydrographic Research vessels and support vessels. While drilling companies opened even a single deep-sea drilling for hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of states, Turkiye started to access these services at 4-5 times lower costs. But to get to this point, a great untold success story has been written against all obstacles and structures within the bureaucracy.

Last edited:
The Lausanne is a permanent agreement and as long as the Republic of Turkiye exists, it will continue to define the sovereign rights of it and the states party to this agreement.

Please, I beg you, before believing such superstitions, try to find and read a copy of the Lausanne agreement.

Developments in rare elements and associated industrial investments, natural gas and oil discoveries are achievements that resulting from billions of dollars of investment, hundreds of thousands of man/hours of work and great dedication of going on for more than 10 years.

Turkish Petroleum Corporation and MTA's only naval fleet currently consists of 4 state-of-art deep-sea drilling vessels, many new generation Hydrographic Research vessels and support vessels. While drilling companies opened even a single deep-sea drilling for hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of states, Turkiye started to access these services at 4-5 times lower costs. But to get to this point, a great untold success story has been written against all obstacles and structures within the bureaucracy.

The Lausanne agreement is permanent? 😳 I thought it was a 100 year treaty. Can you provide some source that confirms this? I spoke to some Turkish friends in Turkey and they confirmed that this treaty was ending in 2023.

Exactly. My neighbor was telling me that Turkey had built 4 of these exploration ships and Turkey was constantly looking for oil and gas in its vicinity.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom