What's new

Hijab And Corporate Morality — Orya Maqbool Jan

They do impose their version of dress code by declaring personal choice of women wearing full veil or half veil or cover their bodies as some kind of unacceptable thing.
ladies are allowed to wear what they want, i for one wont stop them, I only argue against the Burka, because in my POV it may be a threat to security or culture, not because i want to impose something on women

the thing is we got the Hijab from the Jews,

generally true... but also from the other religions of west asia.

and the Burqa from Arabia, as both men and women used to wear it to protect themselves from sand,

correct logic but not burqa but veil ( face/head cover )... burqa is that black or blue thing promoted by the irani mullahs and the taliban and the deobandis/tableeghis in india.

one thing you missed out was the skull-cap, which was a jewish invention...

jewish musician ( a great one ), eliyahu sills...

Eliyahu-photo-hi-res_Large.jpeg

a collection of jewish caps...

ShukPishpeshim_%289%29.JPG

generally true... but also from the other religions of west asia.

correct logic but not burqa but veil ( face/head cover )... burqa is that black or blue thing promoted by the irani mullahs and the taliban and the deobandis/tableeghis in india.

one thing you missed out was the skull-cap, which was a jewish invention...

jewish musician ( a great one ), eliyahu sills...

Eliyahu-photo-hi-res_Large.jpeg

a collection of jewish caps...

ShukPishpeshim_%289%29.JPG
the current Burqa is a more cruel and scary version of the face veil for protection from sand LAWL

and the skull cap,.................. OUCH MAN i wear that
that hurt :(

ladies are allowed to wear what they want, i for one wont stop them, I only argue against the Burka, because in my POV it may be a threat to security or culture, not because i want to impose something on women

threat to culture ?? :lol: well we can apply the same formula viz a viz western dress code ?

and yes where anything be it a bikini or a burqa becomes threat to security we have to follow the law but the point is that liberal extremists are making it an excuse to show their bias

the current Burqa is a more cruel and scary version of the face veil for protection from sand LAWL

and the skull cap,.................. OUCH MAN i wear that
that hurt :(
Such individuals need to immigrate to Afghanistan or KSA or ISIS -controlled territories. We do not want them here.

Arab culture? Islam it self is arab culture.
No, it is not. Islam came to change the Arab culture (whatever it was back in those days) not to upheld it.

Look what these morons in KPK are doing! Was it necessary to make this little girl wear Hijab?

lkllk.JPG

Last edited:
who are you to speak on behalf of women? your comment is not suggestion but imposition . It is choice of women to reject or accept duppata or burqa or bikini. it is NON of Males' business.

wah jee wah... i speak of the liberation of ladies and you decide to be hostile to me. :lol:

besides, do you want a humanity only consisting of females... males are part of that humanity too and their likes and contributions must be considered... that is logical.

taking Cultural sensitivities into consideration viz a viz movement, working is a serious issue and the most progressive and developed world train their people about cultural sensitivities before sending them to underdeveloped or less developed or developing countries including yours and ours.

and which progressive and developed nations are those??

You are going into some other debate. anyway women harassment is there and can not be justified by saying men has right to show their lust towards all women because some respond to this,

where did i justify harassment of ladies?? :what:

i opposed it and in fact raised the issue first.

also, all i said was i don't like this "oh, i am female and i must not think of meeting a man's eye and smile at him, because i must be pure"... come on, it sounds so unnatural and not at all real.

everyone has all the rights to debate moralistic imposition or immoral imposition as that is how we can educate everyone be they liberal extremists or conservative extremists.
debate is a healthy activity :)

but surely, this debate can't go on for the two years... surely, something the s right thing and derived from simple common sense.

again it should be choice of women what we want to wear not what you guys want us to wear

i will copy this from above...

do you want a humanity only consisting of females... males are part of that humanity too and their likes and contributions must be considered... that is logical.

Such individuals need to immigrate to Afghanistan or KSA or ISIS -controlled territories. We do not want them here.

No, it is not. Islam came to change the Arab culture (whatever it was back in those days) not to upheld it.

Look what these morons in KPK are doing! Was it necessary to make this little girl wear Hijab?

View attachment 213764
I know right ! what stupidity ,then again there are some stupid so called mullahs specially in KPK who are very strict with covering and everything.

threat to culture ?? :lol: well we can apply the same formula viz a viz western dress code ?

and yes where anything be it a bikini or a burqa becomes threat to security we have to follow the law but the point is that liberal extremists are making it an excuse to show their bias
did I say western dresses?
our Pakistani culture is a very rich culture, with really beautiful dresses which are master piece of art, which are being destroyed by this Burka
Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

so as you can clearly see we have a very rich culture in dresses and dont need either western dresses or the monstrosity known as a Burqa, which as you know is a threat to National security

Are you one of those who require their women to carry the burden of a tent? or hiding their women while gazing other's? I don't think so. I am talking about those who are hellbent on turning my country into another junglistan aka Afghanistan.

oh lol :p

correct... anti-tharkis should go to ksa.
KSA is a place for Tharkis

yes.

worse in india... india is taliban land...

muslim_School_girls.jpg

m

correct... anti-tharkis should go to ksa.
btw the second pic, whats the point of taking a picture if the woman is wearing a Burqa? oh the stupidity

Its your personal choice to wear what you want. Period.

But things like the burqa are simply disgusting in its very purpose and intention and stomp on the ideals of modern democracies, thus they ve nothing to do there and need to be banned.

And if an employer wishes to have no religious clothing in his property, you better look for another employer, or another nation maybe?

That goes for hijabs, veils or whatever.

Hijab is clearly obligatory in Islam. The only contention among scholars is the covering of the face with some saying its obligatory while others saying its recommended. Either way its totally part of Islam and NOT any cultural thing as parroted by intellectually colonized liberal secular "muslim" to suit their inferiority complex and bloated ego.

Allah (swt) says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

Allah (swt) created mankind and He knows best what's good & what bad for us. Human nature doesn't change with time and so r the divine laws governing them. Allah(swt) has prescribed laws and enjoined commands and prohibitions, to honor mankind and protect their interests, because people may follow their desires and thus transgress the limits and abuse people and deprive them of their rights.

This liberal secular babbling of "women's rights" and exploiting them is a new phenomenon of the past 50-60 years. Before that even westerners never contended women to come out of their homes and entertain men to get liberated.

This is a clear case of an intellectually colonized liberal secular "muslim" . 0 idea abt the religion but can only parrot liberal secular fallacies.

Who r u to correct a muslim abt his religion ? Can u comprehend that Islam is a completely different way of life than all other isms including liberal secularism ?

Btw your argument is ludicrous.

There are 2 different opinions one saying that covering the face is obligatory while the other saying its just recommended. Hijab is clearly obligatory, the difference of opinion only has to do with covering of the face. Here r 2 links from well known scholars :

Ruling on covering the face, with detailed evidence
- islamqa.info

And Allah(swt) knows best.

Why are men not forced to cover their bodies?

Do women dont have sexual desires?

Hijab is clearly obligatory in Islam. The only contention among scholars is the covering of the face with some saying its obligatory while others saying its recommended. Either way its totally part of Islam and NOT any cultural thing as parroted by intellectually colonized liberal secular "muslim" to suit their inferiority complex and bloated ego.

Allah (swt) says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

Allah (swt) created mankind and He knows best what's good & what bad for us. Human nature doesn't change with time and so r the divine laws governing them. Allah(swt) has prescribed laws and enjoined commands and prohibitions, to honor mankind and protect their interests, because people may follow their desires and thus transgress the limits and abuse people and deprive them of their rights.

This liberal secular babbling of "women's rights" and exploiting them is a new phenomenon of the past 50-60 years. Before that even westerners never contended women to come out of their homes and entertain men to get liberated.

This is a clear case of an intellectually colonized liberal secular "muslim" . 0 idea abt the religion but can only parrot liberal secular fallacies.

Who r u to correct a muslim abt his religion ? Can u comprehend that Islam is a completely different way of life than all other isms including liberal secularism ?

Btw your argument is ludicrous.

There are 2 different opinions one saying that covering the face is obligatory while the other saying its just recommended. Hijab is clearly obligatory, the difference of opinion only has to do with covering of the face. Here r 2 links from well known scholars :

Ruling on covering the face, with detailed evidence
- islamqa.info

And Allah(swt) knows best.
oh wow, cuz the translation i found was much shorter and different? why is that?

"O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful."(59)

They do impose their version of dress code by declaring personal choice of women wearing full veil or half veil or cover their bodies as some kind of unacceptable thing.
I dont think barring face veil, any other dress is really unacceptable as such.. however one can always express one's own bias, I think hijab looks rather good, am not saying everybody needs to wear it.
Even in case of full body cover, its the idea behind it which we are criticizing.. not women's right to whatever they please. Here in winter some women cover themselves from head to tow, some don't. I dont see anybody criticizing fully clothed women, because its their wish.
I understand its cultural in most places, nobody is really forcing any woman to wear any of these either in India or elsewhere. Even then one has right to criticize cultural practice. Forcing people to abandon their culture is wrong though, I wont like any govt rule or vigilante group asking people to remove burqa.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom