What's new

Hillary Clinton put in Hot Seat by Pakistani Media

zeeshan809

New Recruit

Reaction score
In a special televised interview session by prominent Pakistani journalists belonging to different channels, Hillary Clinton had to face a hail of tough questions, most of which she seemed to be uncomfortable with. Although Hillary did put up a smiling face, her body language did show signs of stress during the interview.

Some of the hardest questions thrown at her included perceived compromise to Pakistan's security through the Kerry Lugar Bill, recent arrests and release of some Americans carrying weapons in Islamabad, Clinton's criticism of the Pakistani media, drone attacks and Kashmir issue.

Read the rest at:
Wars of the World: Hilary Clinton Put in Hot Seat by Pakistani Media

Anyone with their right mind can see, how much Pakistan has sacrified in this war....yet americans dare to blaim pak for doing less, (so as indians) .......they deserve alot more grilling than this.............
I think it's out elites who need to be tough......jouranlist can only make us little happy.

In a special televised interview session by prominent Pakistani journalists belonging to different channels, Hillary Clinton had to face a hail of tough questions, most of which she seemed to be uncomfortable with. Although Hillary did put up a smiling face, her body language did show signs of stress during the interview.

Some of the hardest questions thrown at her included perceived compromise to Pakistan's security through the Kerry Lugar Bill, recent arrests and release of some Americans carrying weapons in Islamabad, Clinton's criticism of the Pakistani media, drone attacks and Kashmir issue.

Read the rest at:

You quote a blog by some dude as your source? BS!
Do you have any other credible source, even a Pakistani mainstream news outlet?

The interview was aired on all major channels today including Dunya TV, GEO TV, Express News etc. It will surely be available on youtube by someone soon.

The interview was aired on all major channels today including Dunya TV, GEO TV, Express News etc. It will surely be available on youtube by someone soon.

I am not questioning the credibility of the news of Hillary's visit. I am questioning the logic behind posting material and pov from a stupid blog.
Its doesn't say anywhere in the news that Hillary was thoroughly grilled making her squirm in her seat!

All she learnt in Pentagon was "We are at war", before coming to Pakistan.

They asked few and simple questions and she merely beat around the bush :|

I wounder how she changed the topic when asked about giving drone technology to Pakistan army for strikes on TTP. Also, She changed the topic when Hamid Mir asked about US diplomats roaming around Islamabad with weapons.

I saw Part 1 only .

I feel she has been very forthright on issues raised on J&K & the deal PA/ GOP did on Swat.

I watched all of the parts posted above. You may not like everything she said but I think she was being honest and as forthright in public as she is allowed to be. Many of the military/intelligence questions are not hers to answer on behalf of the USA. She cannot make drone policy, for example. And the drone questions are, apparently, deep deep secrets between the PA, ISI, CIA and ISAF that she is not authorized to discuss publicly. All in all, I think she did an excellent job answering the Pakistani media's questions. I thought it was interesting that none of the Pak media types would answer her as to why the 1000 US marines invasion of Islamabad story wouldn't die.

Last edited:
I also saw this program, I have a question , if Pakistani journalists belonging to different channels portray/show what actual Pakistani thinks, then what is the mean of 356 members parliament ?

Hillary Clinton was basicly saying your leaders are in our pocket And there is nothing that can haunt the conscious of the corrupt elite of Pakistan that cannot see past $$$ Scotch and Cabret.

Shame on So called leaders of Pakistan.

They are busy licking the US feet while our fellow country men are paying the price in blood.

Death to:usflag:

Read the rest at:

i think she did a very good job of answering all questions except military affairs which she deffered.

‘Military or civilian, best man should head ISI’

* US secretary of state says Pakistan can reject Kerry-Lugar aid

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: The US is not pressurising Pakistan to accept the Kerry-Lugar legislation and the country can refuse to take the aid package, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday.

“There is no pressure on Pakistan to accept the aid,” she said. According to a private television channel, Clinton told reporters that Pakistan’s concerns over the legislation were due to a misinterpretation of the legislation.

The US diplomat said she was astonished to see the denunciation of the aid package in Pakistan.

She praised the efforts of security forces and the people of Pakistan in the war against terror. She claimed that law and order in Pakistan was directly linked with that of Afghanistan, and it was the joint responsibility of US and Pakistan to restore peace and stability to the region.

She said that the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Pakistan had created jihadis against the Soviet Union in the 1980s and both countries should now deal with the problem in order to restore peace and stability in the region.

Hillary said both countries should remove misunderstandings between them to improve bilateral relations.

On US drone strikes in Pakistan, she said, “Such things happen during war.”

When asked why Pakistan had not been given drone technology, Clinton said policies were under review in this regard.

“Whoever heads ISI, he should be competent and the best choice (of Pakistan),” she said. Clinton concluded that she was unaware of recovery of arms from US personnel arrested in Islamabad the other day.

i dont think it was that bad. i think it was done in a respectful manner on both sides. A good job all around

Back
Top Bottom