What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some really good beef in Delhi last time I went. Difficult to come by at short notice but it's available.

Nonetheless, it is wrong of India to be secular and have such tight controls on cow slaughterhouses.

Cow is considered "Holy" for Hindus so wouldn't secularism also mean not just what the majority does for a minority but the other way as well? I may be completely wrong here but is eating beef a religious ritual in Islam? If not I do not see a problem if yes, then yea the matter must be looked into again.

However the cow slaughter analogy is different in this context. Staying on topic, India does have a lot of religious magazines, Quaran TV , urdu channels and so on.

i think moderator sparklingway is under the age of 30. he has acted in a very very childish way to ban me under the guise of bigotry

when my real pupose was never bigotry but to ask for a GENUINE explanation for a hindu claim having a man with an elephants head.

instead of trying to get our asian ppl to attain the European Renaissance that made Europe great. our own ppl will readily and quickly ban and try to silence the voice of reason.

one of the dangers of growing up in america is that they categorically brainwash you into becoming their tool who keeps his own ppl's thoughts and voices muted so that we can never rise up from this ignorance.

I would ask any other mod to reconsider having sparklingway as a mod and downgrade him becoz he is clearly an enemy to his own ppl's rising up and doesnt even know how he has been made this way.

OK as you are reiterating again and again then I try to justify that point. Why 2 living objects can't be used to make one (Ever heard of Cross breeding.. Not in this case but point is same)? Why all experiments assoicated to Man is done on Guinea Pigs? Why there are such cases where cells/ muscles are artifically created to keep Human alive?.. If you got answer from all these things then come back with other login ... I will describe you Mythology as well...

Simple intolerance and fundamentalism of Pakistan.

There are countless cartoons that are aired in India that show the travels of Jesus(or Yeshu as called in Hindi!), etc.

Didn't corrupt my faith or that of other Hindus in India. Watching cartoons based on Hindu mythological stories has not corrupted Indian Muslims either. It is many Pakistani's attitude that they are 'purer' Muslims than Indian ones that makes them think they are better - just like Afghans think they are better Muslims than Pakistani's!

For better or worse, it is Pakistani govt's choice to make - and their choices for the last 30 years have yielded them their situation today.

i think moderator sparklingway is under the age of 30. he has acted in a very very childish way to ban me under the guise of bigotry

when my real pupose was never bigotry but to ask for a GENUINE explanation for a hindu claim having a man with an elephants head.

instead of trying to get our asian ppl to attain the European Renaissance that made Europe great. our own ppl will readily and quickly ban and try to silence the voice of reason.

I don't think it should be a problem if someone's wants to know or even makes fun of the religious or cultural symbol of a religion, but it becomes bigotry if you're at the receiving end of questions and chose not to entertain them. But I think religious discussions are not allowed in this forum, which makes sense, as people let their emotion to play high when it comes to religion.

I had some really good beef in Delhi last time I went. Difficult to come by at short notice but it's available.

Nonetheless, it is wrong of India to be secular and have such tight controls on cow slaughterhouses.

I think Cow slaughter is banned in India. But you can import it from other countries. No country can be truly secular in every aspect. Sometimes minorities have to give in for majorities. Except for some minor things, India is pretty good at preaching secular morals.

I had a number of muslim friends growing up. We exchange dishes during festivals. Biryani is my absolute favorite. Ramazan mubarak.

This because Indian secularism which choose to “not hurting sentiments” is different than Western version of secularism. I'd any-day prefer a clear separation of state and religion. In recent times there has been many cases where Govt. of India couldn't able to let freedom of expression and Secular values to prevail, be it in case of M. F. Hussain or Taslima Nasrin.

I think Cow slaughter is banned in India. But you can import it from other countries. No country can be truly secular in every aspect. Sometimes minorities have to give in for majorities. Except for some minor things, India is pretty good at preaching secular morals.

I had a number of muslim friends growing up. We exchange dishes during festivals. Biryani is my absolute favorite. Ramazan mubarak.

NOT banned maybe in few states slaughtering is banned,INDIA is a huge country banning in a few states doesn't mean whole country,and have enough beef no need to import.

This is Pakistan mate, whats so surprising about that? Religious discrimination has been official policy - from Ayub Khan in 1965 saying that "Hindu morale cant take more than a couple of blows delivered in the right place and time", to AAK Niazi in 1971 circulating written orders to him men to kill Hindu's in East Pakistan. Compared to that this is rather tolerant!!

We all know how much religious tolerance is in your country, especially considering its past record! BTW, instead of being hypocrites how come in india there aren't any cartoons teaching Islam?

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

if it's true, i have to say it's an immature step. what is punjab govt trying to portray here? are they trying to tell their own people that they are insecured about their own religion?? one should be proud of their own skin. when you do these kind of things, you are only showing ouside world that you feel sense of insecurity. when you feel insecured, you target others!!

NOT banned maybe in few states slaughtering is banned,INDIA is a huge country banning in a few states doesn't mean whole country,and have enough beef no need to import.

India exports livestock to Middle East and Pakistan which is then used for beef production. The recent floods in Pakistan may have killed hundreds of thousands of cattle and Indian live cattle exports to Pakistan will increase. Eid al-Adha is 10 weeks away and the demand for cattle will increase for sacrifice.

The problem with the Indian cartoons is with the language they use, please don't forget that the target audience of the cartoons is children and not adults, some of the words they use in Hindi dubbed cartons are inappropriate & there fore should not be allowed to pollute the the young minds, there is no need to politicize this issue.

We all know how much religious tolerance is in your country, especially considering its past record! BTW, instead of being hypocrites how come in india there aren't any cartoons teaching Islam?

Are you asking us to create a cartoon of Prophets? Sorry I am confused with your post..

Regarding Islamic serials and Movies, we have plenty and I love to watch Mullah Naseeruddin during my childhood days..

becoze Islam doesn't allow idols or pictures.:angry:.go & read from post #1 onwards.

There are religious channels focused on Islam. I know about one by Zakir Naik. I'm not sure anyone in India would dare to relate cartoons with Islam.

the cartoon has characters from hindu mythology. I dont think you can pick characters from islam. and secondly there are many programs on teachings of good values varoius religions from Islam to Christianity to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom