What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you don't understand the obvious there is no need to jump to illogical conclusions............... In Chota Been i once heard the dialogue like "Yeh Mamlak ho gai hay" there is no need to tell children of 4-6 that she is pregnant
and once in Johnny bravo i heard him saying "Chumma tu deita ja sundri"
Indian cartoon channels do use inappropriate language & they were also banned because of these concerns some 2-3 years back.

That is a valid concern but who will decide what is appropriate and what is not. There should be a survey about appropriateness of languages used in these cartoons . BTW Beep sound can be used for those words.

I have a cousin who works with PEMRA & i did raise this question with him that why Indian Cartoon channels are banned & he reply was the same that the use inappropriate language for children & this is an open fact
that is least likely the reason coz there is no such language used in these cartoons. They are based on mythology characters and i have watched few episodes myself, the language used is very very respectable. They are for teaching good values to childern not to teach slang.

on the contrary why not ban all english channels instead i bet the language there is surely not good. Or the language in english channels doesnt matter.

Just because you don't understand the obvious there is no need to jump to illogical conclusions............... In Chota Been i once heard the dialogue like "Yeh Mamlak ho gai hay" there is no need to tell children of 4-6 that she is pregnant
and once in Johnny bravo i heard him saying "Chumma tu deita ja sundri"
Indian cartoon channels do use inappropriate language & they were also banned because of these concerns some 2-3 years back.

There is nothing you can find it substantial to discuss and blaming me..

I dont know what you want to say of "Mamlak" as I dont know such word in Hindi/Urdu but regarding pregnancy and other then you have to stop your kids to watch Movies, Serials and keep them away from internet as they have more polluting materialss.

Johnny Bravo does not belong to us.. Hindi Translation is based on English so you can't blame again (anyways it is not mythological).

Aren't kids in Pakistan taught about Islam through books etc..?

Oh yes there is a full subject Islamiat upto Bachelors level. Minorities have the option to choose Ethics instead of Islamiat. Two of my Christian friends took Islamiat instead of opting for Ethics. They are still Christians although they studied Islamiat for years. Reason that they went for it is to learn about Islam.
What i missed about that subject even as a kid is about comparative study of different religions. It was only about Islam and nothing else. That's why perhaps majority of Pakistanis don't appreciate other religions.

@ topic
It's the responsibility of parents, not state to check that what kids are watching. Hilarious move by Punjab Govt. But what else you can expect from these jokers?

Jhonny Bravo without chumma would be like cricket without betting! :p

It is more immature to make religion based cartoons.

anyway i support this move. better watch Tom and Jerry whats the need for showing crap from India anyway

it is people's choice.. right?? like you chose not to watch these relegion based cartoons & watch tom n jerry instead! give them the chance to make choice like you. you got to let people decide what they want to watch, dont let the state decide for them!!

Last edited:
I have a cousin who works with PEMRA & i did raise this question with him that why Indian Cartoon channels are banned & his reply was the same that they use inappropriate language for children & this is an open fact, i am not sure about Punjab governments stance though, so i wont comment on that. Please keep in mind that with exception of few circles most of the families in Pakistan don't let their children watch Indian flicks as well unlike the kids in india who are quite accustomed with bollywood culture and its lingoo. A few years back Shehzad Roy made a song called "Salli" & there fore he was subjected to severe criticism for using this word in his song & he even had to come on screen to clarify his intentions.

This is another discussion of Social corruption and even we are suffering from this but this is not relevant for this thread.

Jhonny Bravo without chumma would be like cricket without betting! :p

You know that cartoon was immensely famous in Pakistan when i was a kid. Although i always avoided it because it was a bold cartoon but i know others didn't.:devil::woot:;)

BTW does shirk mean that any muslim who goes to Azmer is not a muslim in reality...??

No its not like that. You can visit and offer fateha (kind of prayer asking Allah to forgive all mistakes of the dead and grant him/her blessing and Jannat) thats it. Respecting saints and worshiping them are two different things.

You must have seen many people go to shrines pick up the stones or brooms and rub on their bodies to purify themselves and so in all these silly stupid actions are leading to shirk

I dont know what you want to say of "Mamlak" as I dont know such word in Hindi/Urdu but regarding pregnancy and other then you have to stop your kids to watch Movies, Serials and keep them away from internet as they have more polluting materialss.

Johnny Bravo does not belong to us.. Hindi Translation is based on English so you can't blame again (anyways it is not mythological).
That is why the only safe sources for kids entertainment are cartoons & the last thing we want to to do is ruin it as well? that is why its is a highly commendable move to ban all those channels which are deemed as necessary to save children from being exposed to such obscenity & if you are fine with it then there is no need to argue as the channels have been or will be ban in Pakistan & not in India. Secondly you should keep an open perspective, my concern is the lingo not the their mythological context. even if Johhny bravo are in English you don't have to spice things up to make kids understand each & every thing by using their vulgar synonyms in hindi.

It is more immature to make religion based cartoons.
anyway i support this move. better watch Tom and Jerry whats the need for showing crap from India anyway

If you do not like and are not allowed it then you cant impose the same to other's creativity. This may be immature for you but good for others.

This is another discussion of Social corruption and even we are suffering from this but this is not relevant for this thread.
why its a different issue??? the matter at hand is to protect children not these politicians who commit all social ills

No its not like that. You can visit and offer fateha (kind of prayer asking Allah to forgive all mistakes of the dead and grant him/her blessing and Jannat) thats it. Respecting saints and worshiping them are two different things.

You must have seen many people go to shrines pick up the stones or brooms and rub on their bodies to purify themselves and so in all these silly stupid actions are leading to shirk
Totally agree......Sajjdah is only for Allah Not for any body else....Not even for Prophet..

it is people's choice.. right?? like you chose not to watch these relegion based cartoons & watch tom n jerry instead! give them the chance to make choice like you. you got to let people decide what they want to watch, dont let the state decide for them!!

People do not means the kids :) i have no issue with grown ups if they watch any crap as they are wise enough to understand things but in case of Kids i say NO religion based Cartoon if you have to intoxicate them with religion then why NOT to preach them instead of hiding behind this excuse of entertainment.

They are kids please give them some entertainment as NOT religious teaching in cartoons atleast. for that they have schools, books and elders to teach them religion.

People do not means the kids :) i have no issue with grown ups if they watch any crap as they are wise enough to understand things but in case of Kids i say NO religion based Cartoon if you have to intoxicate them with religion then why NOT to preach them instead of hiding behind this excuse of entertainment.

They are kids please give them some entertainment as NOT religious teaching in cartoons atleast. for that they have schools, books and elders to teach them religion.

there is no religios teaching there. and even if it is, what is difference b/w religious teaching in schools/books and TV.

Ban it in schools/ books also then or dont act like fools by banning on TV.

Also prove that there is harmful affect on kids from seeing cartoons on mythological characters. There is no such proof but pure ignorance and intolerance that is the basis cause of asking for this ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom